Thread: Deadlift

RyanB1021 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlift

Hey all, I’m 17 and 6’8, around 200 pounds. I just recently got a gym membership and pretty much just started my journey to body building. Never had any previous training and my starting deadlift max is 2 plates with 23.5 kg bar, or around 230 pounds total. I’m also making sure to focus on form, I could go a little heavier but I lose form so not counting that. Is this deadlift decent for a beginner with my measurements?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It doesn't really tell us anything that can inform how you train or eat...

What will bring results is time and hard work. Get all your sets of 5-10 in each of the major compound lifts up by 50% over the course of the next 3-4 months using a routine like Fierce 5 and you will have made a good start.

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Entering the world of body building requires you to educate yourself. When I say educate yourself, I mean educate yourself regarding your own physique. It really starts with being able to accept your own genetics, and finding a program that helps you improve what was given to you through genetics. You will find out eventually, that there are no one size fits all programs. You might start with strength building, but will eventually gravitate towards different rep and set schemes. And you'll find some movements work better for you than others.

Although the dead lift is an exceptional movement for building mass, it's more important, for physique training to be able to actually feel the movement activating muscles. It's less about #s and Bro weight. It's going to be more important to task your quads for longer periods of time, sometimes with minute long sets. So rather than trying to focus on PR, it become more important to be able to hold the tension on the muscle, and learning how to focus on a muscle or muscle groups. We could all do dead lifts and our results are going to be different, depending on our unique bodies.

In many cases you may want to drop the weight and focus on the time under tension with higher reps.

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes you should be deadlifting. Deadlifting is a movement pattern that needs to be trained. It is a hip hinge. Hip hinges put lots of stress on the glutes and hamstrings. The deadlift is a great worker of the upper back and quads. The deadlift also hits your shoulders, biceps, calves, lower back, abs. So practically every muscle in the body is hit when deadlifting except for triceps and chest. For overall posterior hypertrophy and strength the deadlift is the king in my opinion. Though do be weary deadlifts are high stressors meaning they are hard to recover from.