thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

IronMaster Ultimate Row Handle Review

I finally got to use my new IM Ultimate Row Handle on back day this morning. My initial thoughts are that it could easily replace several attachment handles, like a wide grip or medium grip pulldown handle, a V Bar pulldown, a "U" shaped low row handle, wide and medium grip parallel pulldown handles. The actual bar is adjustable and feels sturdy enough in all of the different settings, I didn't tighten down the pop pin in any of the different positions. The knurling on the grips are fine, not real deep, but good enough. It's fairly light weight. In the T-bar row position it's a little loose around the oly bar and seemed to rattle a little bit, still very sturdy though. I have an older T-bar row handle from NY Barbells which fit a little snugger, but I prefer the width of this bar.
    My main con is that for pulldowns the excessive V taper of the bar really shortens the ROM, I couldn't get a full stretch at the top of the movement and had to lean back a little more than I preferred, but this kept more of a constant tension on my lats which was nice. Next time I might try it on the IM2000, I just don't like doing pulldowns sitting on the floor.
    I was afraid that the design would cause the same ROM issue on seated cable rows, but it was the opposite. The ROM at the forward stretch was fine but the contraction was much greater, with the wider handle spacing I could get my hands more to my sides instead of just into my stomach with my V grip.
    The T-bar row felt great, I used 45lb plates and the ROM was fine. I usually would use 35lb plates with my V grip. I have the Rogue parallel grip landmine handle and don't really care for it. Hard to explain but it feels like the weight is way more in front of me and throws me off balance. I had no issues with the IM handle and I was able to make the grip just as wide as if I were doing bent over rows with a barbell. In the picture you can see that if I wanted to do a closer parallel grip T-bar row, I'd of needed to turn the handle around on the bar.

Here's the pulldown and you can see the excessive amount of V taper I'm talking about. I do whish IM would've mounted another eyehook on the bottom so it could be mounted upside down. I think that wouldn't made it like those upside down pulldown handles where your hands are up above the bar for a different feeling. I'm not sure what those are called or if I'm adequately describing what I'm talking about.

This is in the seated row position you can really get a great contraction with this handle design, like using stirrup handles.

I was really happy with the TBar row position, next back workout I'll try it with the closer grip setting. I usually don't do two close grip rowing motions in the same back workout.

This has nothing to do with the new handle, but it's a nice variation to a pullover. It's nowhere near a dedicated pullover machine, but with the bench set at a very high incline and facing away from the machine it's very good for my needs. I just keep a constant slight bend in my elbows, I guess I'd need to figure out a seat belt system if I ever really wanted to go heavy on it. It feels much better to me though than straight arm cable pull-ins.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wasn't aware of this attachment- looks interesting. especially you can use it on lat tower and t-bars! double duty equals more bang for your money. So many grip/width variations too which is nice. good review.
    might be another piece to pickup- I was looking for something else for t-bar rows,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THaTRrDXneI

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Saweet! Had I known that even existed I would have bought that over the neutral grip landmine handle I picked up from Rogue. The width adjustment looks phenomenal, maybe I'll have to flip a couple small things I'm not using and pick that up
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty cool bar!
    I don't like the T bar set up so much with it though.
    I have the swiss pull down bar and football PD bar from EFTfitness.
    Nice to have four grip options but you only have basically parallel grip widths.
    The other has the grips at angles for semi supinated and semi pronated.
    I have to use a regular straight PD bar pronated grip.
    Would you think your bar would be better if it was straight ,no bend or just need a higher lat pull down?

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Pretty cool bar!
    I don't like the T bar set up so much with it though.
    I have the swiss pull down bar and football PD bar from EFTfitness.
    Nice to have four grip options but you only have basically parallel grip widths.
    The other has the grips at angles for semi supinated and semi pronated.
    I have to use a regular straight PD bar pronated grip.
    Would you think your bar would be better if it was straight ,no bend or just need a higher lat pull down?
    I think I'd need a higher pulldown machine (which won't fit in my space). Less of an angle on the handle would diminish the contraction I'm getting with the T-bar and seated row movements.
    For me the T-bar row was awesome, I only used the wide grip. I'll try the narrower parallel grip next back workout.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Once again, bb.com has convinced me I need something I didn't even know existed 5 minutes ago. :P

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Once again, bb.com has convinced me I need something I didn't even know existed 5 minutes ago. :P
    Right!?!?! Haven't been a big fan of my Rogue handles so this just might have take it's place.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

BigTimmy23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the review OP

I'm considering getting one of these myself eventually for some of the reasons you outlined, such as replacing about half a dozen different cable attachment bars (assorted wide grips and V grips)

Have you used it for arm work? Or not really suitable for arms?

I'd imagine the grips on the row handle would be similar to IM quicklock dumbbells, which are pretty decent

Originally Posted by BigTimmy23 View Post
    Thanks for the review OP

I'm considering getting one of these myself eventually for some of the reasons you outlined, such as replacing about half a dozen different cable attachment bars (assorted wide grips and V grips)

Have you used it for arm work? Or not really suitable for arms?

I'd imagine the grips on the row handle would be similar to IM quicklock dumbbells, which are pretty decent
    I don't see that it could really be used for arms. The part the handles adjust on is square tubing and pretty slick. I doubt you could use it as a V-bar to do pushdowns with. I could be wrong, but I see it mainly as a replacement for pulldown bars, both regular and parallel grips of varying lengths, as well as handles for T-bar rows. The knurling on the grips is decent, not really deep, but I generally use straps anyway if it gets heavy as opposed to chalk. So I'm not at all a good judge of what makes the knurling good.

VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Could you give an update now that you've had it for a few months.

Best / worst exercises with it? Neutral vs the pronate?

How is it holding up?

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't mean to take away from VTLifts's on topic post, but if you have the time ... how did you find the IM hybrid pad compared to the stock superbench pad? I only comment as you are using the stock pad on the bench and the hybrid is relegated to floor duty.

Originally Posted by VTLifts View Post
    Could you give an update now that you've had it for a few months.

Best / worst exercises with it? Neutral vs the pronate?

How is it holding up?
    I honestly haven't found myself using it much. I recently got the knock off MAG attachments from Wal-Mart so I've moved on to my new toy. But even before then I was pretty much only using it for wider grip TBar rows, it's wonderful for that. My problem is I don't suffer from a lack of options and I like variety in my workouts. Now having said that, if you only had one lat attachment, were on a budget and had very limited space I would highly recommend this. It's well made and reasonably priced for all that it does.
    Edit:. I also like for closer grip TBar rows as opposed to using a V grip, mainly because it allows me to use 45s instead of 35s without a loss of ROM. I prefer it to the Rogue parallel landmine grip that I have because I feel the Rogue one pits the weight too far out in front of me.
    Last edited by thedickus; 02-26-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    I don't mean to take away from VTLifts's on topic post, but if you have the time ... how did you find the IM hybrid pad compared to the stock superbench pad? I only comment as you are using the stock pad on the bench and the hybrid is relegated to floor duty.
    I only use it on the floor to sit on. I've been considering putting it on my bench because I can get off center kneeing back heavier dumbbells on flat presses. However just today I got the heavy handle kit for the IronMaster quick lock dumbbells so I'm hoping that will help as it's supposed to makes balancing them easier. I prefer the straight edge of the original pad because I like doing things like cross bench dumbbell pullovers and bench dips.

BigTimmy23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Absolutely love this attachment

This is the absolute king of all back attachments imo

It simply just does it all

Tbar rows on the landmine, lat pulldowns, seated rows, bent over cable rows, prone cable rows on an adjustable bench, you can even attach it to a loading pin and do bent over rows with it too providing your plates don't bang ya shins or something. It would probably work well on some belt squats also for rows.

Partner in crime come back day

Cheers Ironmaster