Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    novakjo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Has anyone ordered from Baadass Dumbell?

Looking to see if anyone has purchased from Baadass Dumbbell? They are based out of Canada and are offering a product similar to IronMaster. There are very few YouTube videos, and very little about them in general. A couple mentions on Reddit, but that is it. Ordering is not through their website, the owner says he will send an invoice with payment portal - I am unable to post a link to their website, but it if you google baadass dumbbell (yes with 2 a's). Hoping someone has ordered from them and can provide some feedback on whether the company is legit, quality of product, etc.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks shady AF.

novakjo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Looks shady AF.
    I know! I'm quite skeptical.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks shady AF.
    Honestly, it sounded so shady I didn't even google search for the db's LOL
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Honestly, it sounded so shady I didn't even google search for the db's LOL
    For curiosity sake I checked out the site and a couple of video reviews. Weight changes seem to take the same amount of time as regular spin locks. The handle is quite long.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I know of badass dumbbells...

ironmaster.com

powerblock.com

engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) engscott is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They are actually a legit company out of my hometown. Some retail stores here have actually bought their stuff to try and keep up with demand on plates and dumbbells.

I think it was a fab shop that decided to turn their attention to fitness when Covid hit

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    They are not shady at all.

Check out this vid from Coop at Gararge Gym Reviews. He has a set in the corner of this shed gym. Hasn't done a full review yet though.

I don't know that that says anything about their legitimacy either way considering Coop gets compensated for his reviews.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't know that that says anything about their legitimacy either way considering Coop gets compensated for his reviews.
    I've started refusing to let myself click on Coop links and I've become a better person for it. Now if Brandon Campbell or someone wants to review them, maybe I'll listen.

The fact that he has a set sitting there lends credibility, doesn't it?
    Coop gets compensation to post reviews - often in the form of free equipment - so his reviews don't really hold any sway either way with most here. In any case, the company still seems sketchy to me. Keep us posted on how you like their stuff though.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Coop's idea of a budget gym is very detached from reality.

A true budget gym might be a beat up commercial bench, some old airdyne knockoff, yes4all spinlocks, generic cap ob86 barbell knockoff, rusted sports authority plates, and a fitness gear power rack ...
    or maybe just a true budget gym: dead Gold's Gym bench with the leg extension attachment on the end, one pair of 35lb rusted iron hex dumbbells with loose heads, and a standard barbell with some 100 lbs of vinyl covered concrete plates.

Oh and multicolored puzzle mats.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Point taken but I wasn't commenting on the efficacy of Coop's reviews, just the fact that he had a set of the dumbbells, which lends credence to the company being legit.

Seems weird to say that. I've seen pics of their products in the warehouse. They exist. Other people have them. So... ???
    I agree, they seem legit. Hopefully good, too. Looking forward to impressions!

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Point taken but I wasn't commenting on the efficacy of Coop's reviews, just the fact that he had a set of the dumbbells, which lends credence to the company being legit.

Seems weird to say that. I've seen pics of their products in the warehouse. They exist. Other people have them. So... ???
    Look forward to your reviews. Some are jealous of Coop because he is a making a nice living with Garage Gym reviews. He opened a really nice new gym with all the latest equipment out there. I could care less if he gets free stuff, gets paid, whatever. His videos give me a chance to see the latest and greatest new equipment actually being used with the pros and cons explained..

No one has argued that they exist. We all know they exist. The question remains as to whether their products or service are any good and the fact that the infamous shill, Coop, owns a pair means less than nothing to me.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Some are jealous of Coop because he is a making a nice living with Garage Gym reviews.

actually being used with the pros and cons explained..
    Which videos did he do this in? I probably skipped them.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey, if you have time could you post your video's and reviews of the Rep Fitness PR 4000 and the Titan lat pulldown machine? I have been kind of interested in those but would like to see how they look and function. The website pics are kind of lame. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Look forward to your reviews. Some are jealous of Coop because he is a making a nice living with Garage Gym reviews. He opened a really nice new gym with all the latest equipment out there. I could care less if he gets free stuff, gets paid, whatever. His videos give me a chance to see the latest and greatest new equipment actually being used with the pros and cons explained..
    He actually has a FT job. Garage Gym Reviews is just his side gig. Anyway, I certainly don't have any issue with him getting free stuff and I don't think anyone else does either. However, the fact that he gets it in exchange for positive reviews (else the freebies will stop) means that his reviews aren't objective or particularly useful as reviews. I just see them as unboxing videos and for that, they serve a purpose. If I really want to know if a product or service is truly any good though, his paid-for commentary is meaningless. The same goes for any product whether we are talking about fitness equipment, health supps, automobiles, tools, kitchen appliances, etc. You're not going to get honest feedback about a product from someone who is compensated by the manufacturer of the said product to provide feedback and, moreover, who will only continue to be compensated if the feedback is positive and drives sales up.

https://youtu.be/oKkh5tGXBjA

So I guess I won't try this...

xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would checkout Pepin Dumbbells instead: pepin-dumbbell.myshopify.com

I did a review on home gym community group on FB. Here is a cut/paste of it:

Handles are 32.2mm diameter and have an inside width of 5.5in, with knurled area being about 4.75in. They feel wider than some pro style dumbells I used in commercial gyms before.
    Small bolts: 2.5in loadable length (3.5in total)
    Long bolts: 5in loadable length (6in total)
    Finish is nickel plating, which gives a nice shiny surface.

Knurling feels quite sharp, to me at least. I saw other posts saying that is was medium-pasive but this is the sharpest knurl I used to far. Then again My personnal bars are an cap ob86 and an Synergee rhino powerbar with cerakote finish. Not sure if it might have something to do with the new nickel plating that this v2.0 of the dumbells are using. (V1.0 was zinc and a lot less shiny)

I spent a few minutes weighting the various parts (I'm not gonna post a pic of each part's individual weight) and labeled them in 2 groups (A and B) as to have them as equal in weight as possible. We're talking about 0.05oz of a difference between both handles in either the short or long bolts configuration. In truth, I'm probably gonna have more weight disparity between both dubells due to the weight plates production tolerences anyways but the Engineer in me just couldn't stop himself

xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For some odd reason my post isn't allowed to be too long. Here is the last half of my review:

Using them is easy enough, though adjusting the weight is not a super quick process but definitely doable between sets, just not between supersets. I'll keep using my powerblocks for that.

Overall the feeling and balance is the same as using a good set of pro-style dumbells from a commercial gym. Just more grippy. Plates are feeling a lot more secure than on the cap spinlock handles I was using before that. I havent experienced any loosening during the two months I used them.

In conclusion: that's one heck of a dumbell handles kit! Definitely worth the asking price (paid $185 cnd +tx and shipping)

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've heard of them around in my searches on kijiji but they seemed kinda suspect to me like they are trying to sell some snake oil.

Seems like they have a legit website, even a location that they operate out of. I wonder how good their adjustable dumbbells are. Powerblocks are too hard to find plus if you aren't an absolute twink you're going to need more than 50 lbs per dumbbell. which costs extra.

$900 bucks is still kinda expensive still but up to roughly 100 lbs is pretty good.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got my Fedex tracking number....

Yippee!

Looking forward to the review.

xdoomhammerx,

I checked out Pepin. They look pretty good, but their plates are a bit too expensive. Baadass and Pepin are knockoffs of IronMaster dumbbells, but they couldn't do fitted plates and the quicker locking screw because of the patents. The Baadass stand is the nicest I've ever seen and I think Flex should have bought it along with the dumbbells and that beautiful monster of a bench.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not to knock Baadass or Pepin, but couldn't you just buy IM's handles and use standard pancakes plates with them if you wanted to go that route? Then you get the better designed handles and if you have a boatload of standards lying around anyway then it's super cheap. Had thought about adding plates like that to my old set of Quick Change IM's, but the pin wasn't long enough.

Not to knock Baadass or Pepin, but couldn't you just buy IM's handles and use standard pancakes plates with them if you wanted to go that route? Then you get the better designed handles and if you have a boatload of standards lying around anyway then it's super cheap. Had thought about adding plates like that to my old set of Quick Change IM's, but the pin wasn't long enough.
    You could, though you're back to the problem of them being difficult to source for who knows how long whereas this stuff seems to be available now.

Just for a pair of handles and 4 of the long screws (with exchange rate and Quebec sales tax), it's $542 Canadian money... and they're 'out of stock'.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Just for a pair of handles and 4 of the long screws (with exchange rate and Quebec sales tax), it's $542 Canadian money... and they're 'out of stock'.
    Who cares about Canadian problems, this is Murica... haha

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Should have them Friday, according to FedEx Tacking. Maybe a review on Saturday....

Looks ok, but floor space is a premium for me so I didn't bother. I am thinking I will add some storage pegs for all the spare plates on the walls. I have a 10' x 14' room and I have two squats stands, 3 benches, a weight tree, an exercise bike, and a corner shelf for all my gear.

This is key in covid times. I waited 2 months for my last shipment from Rogue. No one has anything in stock, prices are crazy, and no one answers their phones or e-mails. I waited on hold with Rogue for over an hour to try to change and order that had not even been processed yet and they said no.

Fukk them.

I messaged BAADASS via their IG account, had answers almost instantly and an invoice in minutes. Paid the invoice Saturday afternoon, everything shipped yesterday, and I'll have it Friday.

But hey, they are "shady AF" to some here. LOL.

I've never owned a set of adjustable DBs before but all the ones I've seen except these and IronMaster look fragile due to plastic parts, not user friendly due to oddball shapes (and that includes the square iron masters; just why?).

These seem like the closest thing to a real dumbbell and solid since no plastics anywhere. They are not 'quick change' but I don't care. Once I warm up I usually do straight sets of x reps with the same weight.
    This thread might be helpful https://www.reddit.com/r/homegym/com...ble_dumbbells/
    Bunch of videos from the company here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy7...ueUEeGtsGTIwXg

... Looks ok, but floor space is a premium for me so I didn't bother.
    As far as dumbbell stands go, it's great one. I've seen three reviews so far and the Baadass dumbbells always get loaded on a table turned on their sides.

P.S. Some plastics are way, way stronger than steel.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    P.S. Some plastics are way, way stronger than steel.
    Yes, but "Pumping Plastic" doesn't sound cool.