Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    A set of Ironmasters to 120lb is $USD 1,000. Sold out. And they are Square. LOL. Why?

A set of BAADASS to to 122.5lbs is $USD 750. Available now. Round like a dumbbell should be.

No shill. Just saying.
    No I totally understand and these definitely have appeal to me, especially as I already have a ton of 10 lb pancake plates, easily enough to make 160lb+ baadasses, not that I lift that much. The baadass, ironmasters, and other all metal designs are extremely appealing to me as they will never break. I don't like plastic.

There are a few personal reasons for me and just for me, I don't expect others to agree...
    1) I will be moving to drastically smaller place and desire something that fits into a compact column instead of the weight tree with all the standard plates I have now since I will likely be taking my Rower as that is more of a priority for me now than lifting.
    2) the BAADASS is about the same weight change speed as what I have now.
    3) easy resale value on ironmasters. This will be a problem I will confront if I sell my current setup now, and worse post pandemic. If I suddenly need the cash, its just quicker to sell a known commodity.
    4) IM don't really look like a dumbbell to the untrained eye which might be helpful with dumb landlords.
    Last edited by ampire; 11-27-2020 at 08:56 AM.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A set of Ironmasters to 120lb is $USD 1,000. Sold out. And they are Square. LOL. Why?

A set of BAADASS to to 122.5lbs is $USD 750. Available now. Round like a dumbbell should be.

No shill. Just saying.
    Few things from my observation:

1) Does the stand actually come with the baadass db's or is it extra? Because if it doesn't then you are not exactly comparing apples to apples with that pricing.
    2) Are you including shipping? I see free shipping for folks in Canada, doesn't specifically say that for the United States or even their heavier sets.
    3) The IM DB's are square for a reason, you don't have to worry about them rolling around and they are easier to load each side without flipping.
    4) Functionality: The design of the Ironmaster pin is superior to Baadass and other spinlock DB's. They are faster and still provide a fixed db feel.
    5) Accessories: One of the nice things about IM is that they often have accessories to customize their equipment. There are a couple cool things you can add to the IM's that baadass doesn't have.

Not that I have much skin in the game, I prefer Powerblock over the IM sets I've owned which pushes Baadass even further down the line.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    These dumbbells look quite interesting. Once you guys have used them enough to give a review I may decide to sell my set and buy some.

strong username to content ratio

From what I understand the owner of the company had a machine shop and decided to make these. He didn't start the business with the intention of making dumbbells. That's why the plates are the way there are, because they are machined, as opposed to cast. Casting a plate will leave it with a roughish surface (unless high pressure die cast) and the paint will stick better. Also it would allow for having the weight to be stamped into each plate because you just build that into the mould once and done.

The machined plates are very smooth, so the paint doesn't adhere to them very well. He could sandblast them first to roughen them up and the paint would look much better, but that would be a huge expense. And also he could use a CNC to etch in the weight into the steel instead of using stickers that will eventually wear off, but again that would be a huge expense.

In a perfect world those two things alone would make this a much more polished product. And lastly he gives you hockey pucks with holes drilled in them for when you're configuring them with very little weight, so the plates don't flop around. Again, if he was able to manufacture a rubber piece that looked a little better this product would be world class. For me personally I will never have the hockey pucks in there because I would never configure them that lights (I think under 25 lbs maybe).

I did my research and I knew exactly what I was getting and I am not disappointed. Talked with the dude via DMs on IG an he is very cool and has a lifelong interest in bodybuilding. I would much rather support him as a fellow Canadian than some Chinese company or Amazon or just about anyone else.

doesn't look the most aesthetic but looks like it gets the job done. I do like the pin design to hold the plates, are they really secure? Not sure if I just bought a cheap piece of trash of dumbbell handles but the spinlock varieties tend to come undone and the plates shift around a little bit. Especially doing dumbbell curls. Think I almost killed myself doing dumbbell presses on the floor because the spinlocks came loose (despite me tightening them to the max) and the plates almost fell out.
    positivity brah crew
    powerlifting crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    strong username to content ratio.
    I probably could have explained things better. I have 20lb through 100lb Iron Grip Solid Steel Billet dumbbells in 5lb increments. I really like my current dumbbells but they do take up a lot of space. Since I rarely use anything over 50lbs I have considered selling the heavier dumbbells and adding some sort of adjustables on the rare occasions I need something heavier. I am currently downsizing my gym area in the current house and my have to downsize quite a bit more if I eventually move into a condo. I have never been a fan of either the Ironmasters or Powerblocks. I just can't stand the looks of a square dumbbell.

I do like the looks of the Baddass set as well as the ones in the garagegym video (Pepin?).
    Last edited by dumb.bell; 11-27-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    ... Does the stand actually come with the baadass db's or is it extra? ...
    It's an additional $300 and I previously mentioned that I think Flex should have bought it. It's far and away the nicest and most functional dumbbell stand I've ever seen. It's not for PowerBlocks, though, because they're too advanced for this primitive manual loading of dumbbell weight plates thingy.

EDIT: I was so intent on devising a joke that I forgot to post this:

Last edited by supramax; 11-27-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    It's an additional $300 and I previously mentioned that I think Flex should have bought it. It's far and away the nicest and most functional dumbbell stand I've ever seen. It's not PowerBlocks, though, because they're too advanced for this primitive manual loading of dumbbell weight plates thingy. .
    Think so? Nicer than this one for $100?

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/d...v3/420044.html

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

That's a nice one, too, but the Baadass has height adjustment and a shelf. I edited in the pic that I forgot to include with the post.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

This was before I painted the wood black, didn't need the pegs so I turned them into shelves for my wife's little PBs'.

This was before I painted the wood black, didn't need the pegs so I turned them into shelves for my wife's little PBs'.

Shelves are a great idea for the stand. As much as I like the Baadass one, I don't need it. I'd definitely buy the one you have.

Shelves are a great idea for the stand. As much as I like the Baadass one, I don't need it. I'd definitely buy the one you have.
    If you like the adjustable height feature you could always try an adjustable squat box, think that's what the Baadas was they just modified it. Then you have dual funcitonality, I'm thinking of getting one of these for my new set of PB's, flipped one once before and it was rock solid (Stamina).

Titan's kinda looks like theirs.....

https://www.titan.fitness/endurance/...ox/412212.html

This is the one I had previously.

https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Adjus...6501873&sr=8-4

If you like the adjustable height feature you could always try an adjustable squat box, think that's what the Baadas was they just modified it. Then you have dual funcitonality, I'm thinking of getting one of these for my new set of PB's, flipped one once before and it was rock solid (Stamina).

Titan's kinda looks like theirs.....

https://www.titan.fitness/endurance/...ox/412212.html

This is the one I had previously.

https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-Adjus...6501873&sr=8-4
    Absolutely excellent! I like them both. I'm going to check my local Fitness Depot to see if the have anything similar. Thanks for the idea.

Absolutely excellent! I like them both. I'm going to check my local Fitness Depot to see if the have anything similar. Thanks for the idea.
    No problem! I'm kicking myself for not buying the scratch and dent deal Titan had for $85 a couple days ago, that's a good section to keep an eye on

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No problem! I'm kicking myself for not buying the scratch and dent deal Titan had for $85 a couple days ago, that's a good section to keep an eye on
    Rogue sells a dumbbell stand as well. Predictably expensive
    https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-powerblock-cart

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That is not bad, and decently priced. Fortunately, although I am not rich, I have enough disposable income that price is rarely the primary driver of my decisions when buying things i want. I generally do my research and get the best thing that suits my needs/wants within reason.

Of all the DB stands posted here i like the BAADASS one the best because it has a storage tray, and pegs and you can store stuff on the floor under it, and the adjustable height. The Rogue one looks great and I love the wheels, but no storage pegs for the plates. The one you posted I like the tilted deck and you can't got wrong for that price. Because space is a premium for me, I don't like that there's no storage shelf or storing anything underneath.

I didn't buy the stand, however, due to floor space constraints. I have my home gym in a 10' x 14' room and in there I already have two squat stands, three benches, a weight tree, and a storage shelf. It's already very tight so I am looking to either store the DB plates on wall pegs and/or on the existing weight tree.

We were planning on selling this tiny house and buying something bigger back in March then Covid hit and we put the brakes on that. Next year we shall revisit that plan and my two major influences will be home gym space and a 2 car garage.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Rogue is insane with those prices, at that point you might as well buy a rolling workbench and also store all your tools in it LOL.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-36...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Registered User user9GZ3OJ1T03U's Avatar
    user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Yes, awesome product

I purchased a set of 5lb to 197.5lb dumbbells and stand. Messaged the site and worked with Steve. Amazing customer service, best I have had.

Received email to place order through secured site and received FedEx Freight tracking information the next day.

Absolutely love these dumbbells. At first it took some time to get use to the changing of weights compared to my Bowflex SelectTech 1090s. Now, it is my rest period between sets or exercises.

These are solid and sturdy construction. Not afraid to drop them. I dropped my Bowflex ones twice, cost over $250 in replacement parts. These, don't see it ever happening with the solid construction.

I have recommended them to several friends who placed orders and received the same amazing customer service.

Those complaining about the cost, you can't touch 5lb to 100lb dumbbell sets (without stand) for under $3k, and they are not even in stock.

user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Now 225lbs

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    i'm actually impressed they have an adj dumbbell going up to $200 lbs
    I see they are now up to 225 lbs per dumbbell. I have the 5lb to 197.5lb and impressed by the construction and durability

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by novakjo1 View Post
    Looking to see if anyone has purchased from Baadass Dumbbell? They are based out of Canada and are offering a product similar to IronMaster. There are very few YouTube videos, and very little about them in general. A couple mentions on Reddit, but that is it. Ordering is not through their website, the owner says he will send an invoice with payment portal - I am unable to post a link to their website, but it if you google baadass dumbbell (yes with 2 a's). Hoping someone has ordered from them and can provide some feedback on whether the company is legit, quality of product, etc.
    Yes, I did and 100% satisfied. Living in Southern California

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by user9GZ3OJ1T03U View Post
    I purchased a set of 5lb to 197.5lb dumbbells and stand. Messaged the site and worked with Steve. Amazing customer service, best I have had.

Received email to place order through secured site and received FedEx Freight tracking information the next day.

Absolutely love these dumbbells. At first it took some time to get use to the changing of weights compared to my Bowflex SelectTech 1090s. Now, it is my rest period between sets or exercises.

These are solid and sturdy construction. Not afraid to drop them. I dropped my Bowflex ones twice, cost over $250 in replacement parts. These, don't see it ever happening with the solid construction.

I have recommended them to several friends who placed orders and received the same amazing customer service.

Those complaining about the cost, you can't touch 5lb to 100lb dumbbell sets (without stand) for under $3k, and they are not even in stock.
    You signed up 1.5 years ago and waited this long to make your only 3 posts raving about a single product. Not suspicious at all.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Looks shady AF.
    Purchased and no issues

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    You signed up 1.5 years ago and waited this long to make your only 3 posts raving about a single product. Not suspicious at all.
    The entire thread was suspicious, but I don't blame Badaas for creating this thread to get their brand name out there. The most attractive aspect about these DB's is that they were the only ones readily available, once that stops being the case I doubt anyone would seriously consider these over Ironmaster unless they just wanted to try something new. There are no functionality or cost benefits to going this route.....

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect...5-4e30438277b3

Have we seen these before? In stock. 275 each.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    The entire thread was suspicious, but I don't blame Badaas for creating this thread to get their brand name out there. The most attractive aspect about these DB's is that they were the only ones readily available, once that stops being the case I doubt anyone would seriously consider these over Ironmaster unless they just wanted to try something new. There are no functionality or cost benefits to going this route.....
    If someone could copy the selectech mechanism or create a similar quick change system that doesn't require pulling plates on and off, use strong metal in the gears instead of plastic, and combined with flat ends that rest comfortably on your thighs, it would be a winner.

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I looked at Ironmaster a long time ago and they had slotted weights. I had 0 interest in having a plate slide out off and wack me. Ended up with Powerblock 50 pound version that has a handle to up it to 60. My wife uses those still. I bought U-90's and have never really liked them. The balance, or lack of is annoying. For dumbells I use hex head rubber Caps. We have 5-50, and 60, 70, and 80. I need no more. Works for me. I would sell the U 90's but I have no interest in shipping.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by broganoff View Post
    If someone could copy the selectech mechanism or create a similar quick change system that doesn't require pulling plates on and off, use strong metal in the gears instead of plastic, and combined with flat ends that rest comfortably on your thighs, it would be a winner.
    Honestly it kinda sounds like you are describing the Powerblock's of old LOL (like Pro Rexan). Quick mechanism, metal pin/plates, flat ends, just have to pull them handle out of the center. To Greybird's credit I will say that Powerblock's 'balance' seems to have diminished a little with the current Sport Series, the increase in size/width makes them feel more uneven than the Classic, Elite, and Rexan Series. With the handle being 10lbs all the weight is pushed to the forward columns and I think that's largely to blame, they just feel much more bulky than the others.

Last edited by Greybird2; 12-17-2020 at 04:11 PM.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by user9GZ3OJ1T03U View Post
    I see they are now up to 225 lbs per dumbbell. I have the 5lb to 197.5lb and impressed by the construction and durability
    got any pics of said product?

also I just bought some adjustable dumbbells, but from another company and they were having a sale. I should expect it before christmas, these go up to 90 lbs. I got it for $799 CDN. They look like the bowflex ones (could possibly be just put their own branding).

https://www.better-body.ca/products/...36416768180384
    Last edited by sooby; 12-17-2020 at 03:52 PM.
    positivity brah crew
    powerlifting crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew

Honestly it kinda sounds like you are describing the Powerblock's of old LOL (like Pro Rexan). Quick mechanism, metal pin/plates, flat ends, just have to pull them handle out of the center. To Greybird's credit I will say that Powerblock's 'balance' seems to have diminished a little with the current Sport Series, the increase in size/width makes them feel more uneven than the Classic, Elite, and Rexan Series. With the handle being 10lbs all the weight is pushed to the forward columns and I think that's largely to blame, they just feel much more bulky than the others.
    Interesting. You can't possibly be talking about the SPORT EXP SERIES. I don't know what the Pro home or commercial series are like, but I've been checking out PowerBlocks since the 90's and the Sport EXP's are better balanced than anything that came before. All I can think is that if you have really tiny hands, you'd have to center them dead on, just like with the IronMasters unless you had the heavy handle add on.
    So, you're talking about the Sport series before the EXP's came out, right?

So, you're talking about the Sport series before the EXP's came out, right?
    That is NOT correct, the current Powerblock 50 (DSG) are not as balanced as the Classic or Rexan, especially at lower weight (my hands are regular sized). Now I'm not saying they are hard to balance so don't read too much into that, but I liked the smaller/compact size with the columns in the front instead of the rear. When you have the columns in the front the weight is closer to your wrists, during use if there is any shift the columns at times would rest on your wrists which makes them feel like an extension of your arm (if that makes sense). With the columns farther away from your hands the 50lb set acts like adder weights feeling not as balanced. But the current set will do until another Classic or Rexan set pops up locally, also wish they would weld the side rails more substantially like the 'Made in USA' versions.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...pwrblcksprtslc
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 12-18-2020 at 05:54 AM.

I'll say I do like the current Sport Series selector pin better, seems easier and helps minimize the jiggle.

But for the smaller 45-50lb sets I'd say these are still the GOAT.