Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/slredirect...5-4e30438277b3

Have we seen these before? In stock. 275 each.

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    The entire thread was suspicious, but I don't blame Badaas for creating this thread to get their brand name out there. The most attractive aspect about these DB's is that they were the only ones readily available, once that stops being the case I doubt anyone would seriously consider these over Ironmaster unless they just wanted to try something new. There are no functionality or cost benefits to going this route.....
    If someone could copy the selectech mechanism or create a similar quick change system that doesn't require pulling plates on and off, use strong metal in the gears instead of plastic, and combined with flat ends that rest comfortably on your thighs, it would be a winner.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I looked at Ironmaster a long time ago and they had slotted weights. I had 0 interest in having a plate slide out off and wack me. Ended up with Powerblock 50 pound version that has a handle to up it to 60. My wife uses those still. I bought U-90's and have never really liked them. The balance, or lack of is annoying. For dumbells I use hex head rubber Caps. We have 5-50, and 60, 70, and 80. I need no more. Works for me. I would sell the U 90's but I have no interest in shipping.
    Attached Images

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by broganoff View Post
    If someone could copy the selectech mechanism or create a similar quick change system that doesn't require pulling plates on and off, use strong metal in the gears instead of plastic, and combined with flat ends that rest comfortably on your thighs, it would be a winner.
    Honestly it kinda sounds like you are describing the Powerblock's of old LOL (like Pro Rexan). Quick mechanism, metal pin/plates, flat ends, just have to pull them handle out of the center. To Greybird's credit I will say that Powerblock's 'balance' seems to have diminished a little with the current Sport Series, the increase in size/width makes them feel more uneven than the Classic, Elite, and Rexan Series. With the handle being 10lbs all the weight is pushed to the forward columns and I think that's largely to blame, they just feel much more bulky than the others.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Last edited by Greybird2; 12-17-2020 at 03:11 PM.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by user9GZ3OJ1T03U View Post
    I see they are now up to 225 lbs per dumbbell. I have the 5lb to 197.5lb and impressed by the construction and durability
    got any pics of said product?

also I just bought some adjustable dumbbells, but from another company and they were having a sale. I should expect it before christmas, these go up to 90 lbs. I got it for $799 CDN. They look like the bowflex ones (could possibly be just put their own branding).

https://www.better-body.ca/products/...36416768180384
    Last edited by sooby; 12-17-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    positivity brah crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew
    BIG LOL @ sky tradies srs crew (RealAesthetic)
    indian crew
    living in clown world crew so screw it crew
    anti-degen crew

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly it kinda sounds like you are describing the Powerblock's of old LOL (like Pro Rexan). Quick mechanism, metal pin/plates, flat ends, just have to pull them handle out of the center. To Greybird's credit I will say that Powerblock's 'balance' seems to have diminished a little with the current Sport Series, the increase in size/width makes them feel more uneven than the Classic, Elite, and Rexan Series. With the handle being 10lbs all the weight is pushed to the forward columns and I think that's largely to blame, they just feel much more bulky than the others.
    Interesting. You can't possibly be talking about the SPORT EXP SERIES. I don't know what the Pro home or commercial series are like, but I've been checking out PowerBlocks since the 90's and the Sport EXP's are better balanced than anything that came before. All I can think is that if you have really tiny hands, you'd have to center them dead on, just like with the IronMasters unless you had the heavy handle add on.
    So, you're talking about the Sport series before the EXP's came out, right?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    So, you're talking about the Sport series before the EXP's came out, right?
    That is NOT correct, the current Powerblock 50 (DSG) are not as balanced as the Classic or Rexan, especially at lower weight (my hands are regular sized). Now I'm not saying they are hard to balance so don't read too much into that, but I liked the smaller/compact size with the columns in the front instead of the rear. When you have the columns in the front the weight is closer to your wrists, during use if there is any shift the columns at times would rest on your wrists which makes them feel like an extension of your arm (if that makes sense). With the columns farther away from your hands the 50lb set acts like adder weights feeling not as balanced. But the current set will do until another Classic or Rexan set pops up locally, also wish they would weld the side rails more substantially like the 'Made in USA' versions.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...pwrblcksprtslc
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 12-18-2020 at 04:54 AM.

I'll say I do like the current Sport Series selector pin better, seems easier and helps minimize the jiggle.

But for the smaller 45-50lb sets I'd say these are still the GOAT.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wrote a long response to the #119 craziness and when I hit 'reply' I lost the internet connection and the post. This is a precise version: What is 'DSG'? When you say 'front and back', do you mean 'top and bottom'? The adder weights have always been at the bottom. I understand what you're saying about the cushioned columns. They don't make them like that anymore, for a reason.

I wrote a long response to the #119 craziness and when I hit 'reply' I lost the internet connection and the post. This is a precise version: What is 'DSG'? When you say 'front and back', do you mean 'top and bottom'? The adder weights have always been at the bottom. I understand what you're saying about the cushioned columns. They don't make them like that anymore, for a reason.
    The Elite EXP still have the columns in front, they just removed it from the Sport Series to satisfy the 'my hands are cramped' crowd. DSG is Dick's Sporting Goods, the Powerblock 50 do not have adder weights and they have bumped the handle to 10lbs, essentially making the adder weights permanent which have always thrown the balance off a touch during lighter weight movements. Given it's a 50lb set that impacts pretty much everything, so they are not as balanced as the sets of old. Couple that with also being wider than previous sets and they feel alot more bulky than they used to. Now if you have an EXP set up to 90lbs and don't use the adder weights, which I didn't most of the time with the Rexan's, I'm sure they probably feel a little better. But with the Powerblock 50 you don't have that option. They are not bad adjustable DB's, the selector pin is a nice upgrade, I'd just rather find a good used set of the previous models. Think I've had 3-4 sets of those 'The Block' 45lb sets before LOL.

Comparison shot of a couple I've had...

The best 90lb set they ever made IMO

The balance I could probably live with to be honest. I don't use DB's all that much so it's just for light arm, shoulder, and chest work. But the other thing that caught my eye when I pulled this latest set out of the box was the side rails (this is my second newer Sport Series), some of these welds look pretty thin. I'll never drop them so I'm sure they will hold, but I feel like they could do better with that gap. Everything else feels solid, the handle is a beast.

To illustrate what I'm talking about I took a few more pictures how how I would like to see them change the design of the current Sport and Elite Series DB's. The first image is your typical grip, then when you open your palm the 10lbs rotates out of your hand. If the adder weights (or fixed columns) were on the other side that doesn't happen. It essentially becomes an extension of your arm, so you can image how that would feel during curls or chest flys, which is how I intentionally used the columns on the previous versions and it feels great. Maybe I'll just flip them over for a while and use them they way it feels more balanced haha.

Normal Grip:

Grip through opposite end....

The Elite EXP still have the columns in front, they just removed it from the Sport Series to satisfy the 'my hands are cramped' crowd.
    Mighty big crowd, eh?

DSG is Dick's Sporting Goods, the Powerblock 50 do not have adder weights and they have bumped the handle to 10lbs, essentially making the adder weights permanent which have always thrown the balance off a touch during lighter weight movements. Given it's a 50lb set that impacts pretty much everything, so they are not as balanced as the sets of old.
    Okey dokey. I've only ever seen pictures of those. I have the Sport 5.0 and the handle is 5 lbs.

Couple that with also being wider than previous sets and they feel alot more bulky than they used to. Now if you have an EXP set up to 90lbs and don't use the adder weights, which I didn't most of the time with the Rexan's, I'm sure they probably feel a little better. But with the Powerblock 50 you don't have that option.
    They're not Sports, though, are they? I can't tell from the pic you posted.

To illustrate what I'm talking about I took a few more pictures how how I would like to see them change the design of the current Sport and Elite Series DB's. The first image is your typical grip, then when you open your palm the 10lbs rotates out of your hand. If the adder weights (or fixed columns) were on the other side that doesn't happen. It essentially becomes an extension of your arm, so you can image how that would feel during curls or chest flys, which is how I intentionally used the columns on the previous versions and it feels great. Maybe I'll just flip them over for a while and use them they way it feels more balanced haha.
    I get what you mean, but it's not a matter of balance. It's a matter of support, the column leaning on the wrist. I'd certainly appreciate that on long Farmers' Walks when my grip weakens. That's why I wear big puffy 2 1/2 lb wrist weights on the long Farmers' Walks.

They're not Sports, though, are they? I can't tell from the pic you posted.
    The Powerblock Sport 50's are in the Sport Series, I may have called them EXP's previously but it's the same line of adjustable db's just not EXPandable. After posting all that I think I'm seriously going to start flipping them over for curling movements, the less energy you spend fighting the 'twist' the better

The Powerblock Sport 50's are in the Sport Series, I may have called them EXP's previously but it's the same line of adjustable db's just not EXPandable. After posting all that I think I'm seriously going to start flipping them over for curling movements, the less energy you spend fighting the 'twist' the better
    I can't remember if you called them EXPs or not, but one second you call them sport 50's and the next second you just call them 50's. I don't think the ones I'm talking about are in the Sport series.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...pwrblcksprtslc.

I don't curl, so the twist only comes into reality when my grip weakens. Thanks for very detailed responses (comparative pics, etc.,). I really do get your point.

I can't remember if you called them EXPs or not, but one second you call them sport 50's and the next second you just call them 50's. I don't think the ones I'm talking about are in the Sport series.
    It's weird with the name, on Dick's site it's just Powerblock 50 but if you look on Powerblock it's Sport 50.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The best 90lb set they ever made IMO

Rexan plates are thick. They aren't urethane coated, correct?

Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Edm1961 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by novakjo1 View Post
    Looking to see if anyone has purchased from Baadass Dumbbell? They are based out of Canada and are offering a product similar to IronMaster. There are very few YouTube videos, and very little about them in general. A couple mentions on Reddit, but that is it. Ordering is not through their website, the owner says he will send an invoice with payment portal - I am unable to post a link to their website, but it if you google baadass dumbbell (yes with 2 a's). Hoping someone has ordered from them and can provide some feedback on whether the company is legit, quality of product, etc.
    Purchased the 5-97.5lb dumbbells last week with the stand. The stand is a little sketchy but seems to be holding up. Dumbbells at a low weight are awkward but better than Bowflex. Struggling with the owners communication. Doesn't respond to most emails or phone calls. I have asked three times for an invoice and am getting ignored.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Flex what happened to the pics you posted?
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HuginnOrMuninn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just ordered Pepin today. When they arrive in 6+ weeks I’ll review them and/or share as much as you’d like.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HuginnOrMuninn View Post
    I just ordered Pepin today. When they arrive in 6+ weeks I’ll review them and/or share as much as you’d like.
    That would be nice of you to post a review. Pepin sounds promising. I have read that Pepin dumbbells are not to be dropped, figured I'd mention that.

Registered User user9GZ3OJ1T03U's Avatar
    user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I read the same about not dropping. That is why I chose baadass, guaranteed for life of broken.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by user9GZ3OJ1T03U View Post
    I read the same about not dropping. That is why I chose baadass, guaranteed for life of broken.
    Right. You have 5 posts and all 5 are regarding these dumbbells. A guarantee for life doesn't mean much with a company that just materialized in the mist of COVID and may be gone by next year. Moreover, the owner of the company doesn't have the best reputation. You, clearly, have some type of relationship with the company. Either you work for them or have been compensated by them to promote their product.

Registered User user9GZ3OJ1T03U's Avatar
    user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50) user9GZ3OJ1T03U will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have no relationship or get any compensation from this company. They have a product that I purchased and I like. As I am sure others have with items they have purchased, we share our experience and and let others know. Good or bad

bobs69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Baadass

I bought a set of 122.5lbs dumbells from baadass at the start of the pandemic. Yes it was a leap of faith because there were no reviews online. So I called the owner.

Yes the handle is slightly long.

The retaining pin is not a quick release type and that was a pro in my selection process. The threads are good and deep.

aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aditya1803 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post Hex Dumbbells Robust Regime

Being adaptable holds greater significance.

Dumbbells find application across all stages of our gym routine. Squats, pulls, pushes, and hinges are just a few examples of the movements they are used for

Dumbbells offer the ability to mimic nearly all types of exercises, granting them the benefit of single-handed lifting when compared to barbells. Providing the widest range of weight options.

Due to its design, which prevents rolling, the hexagonal shape of the dumbbell also proves efficient when used as a push-up support. The inclusion of a layer of natural rubber serves as a shock absorber, minimizing potential floor and weight damage. Additionally, the dumbbell displays resistance to water and oil

The chrome-plated handle enhances the dumbbell’s resistance to rust, thereby prolonging its lifespan. The dead bounce of a hexagonal dumbbell ensures predictable motion, providing a sense of security. diamond knurling of 0.2 mm depth gives you a firm and tight grip.

The dumbbell’s handle securely holds the two weights through a fabrication process, ensuring that the weights remain in place during your workout and don’t come off. like other cheap hand weights
    Attached Images