Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Not to knock Baadass or Pepin, but couldn't you just buy IM's handles and use standard pancakes plates with them if you wanted to go that route? Then you get the better designed handles and if you have a boatload of standards lying around anyway then it's super cheap. Had thought about adding plates like that to my old set of Quick Change IM's, but the pin wasn't long enough.
    You could, though you're back to the problem of them being difficult to source for who knows how long whereas this stuff seems to be available now.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not to knock Baadass or Pepin, but couldn't you just buy IM's handles and use standard pancakes plates with them if you wanted to go that route? Then you get the better designed handles and if you have a boatload of standards lying around anyway then it's super cheap. Had thought about adding plates like that to my old set of Quick Change IM's, but the pin wasn't long enough.
    Just for a pair of handles and 4 of the long screws (with exchange rate and Quebec sales tax), it's $542 Canadian money... and they're 'out of stock'.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Just for a pair of handles and 4 of the long screws (with exchange rate and Quebec sales tax), it's $542 Canadian money... and they're 'out of stock'.
    Who cares about Canadian problems, this is Murica... haha
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looking forward to the review.
    Should have them Friday, according to FedEx Tacking. Maybe a review on Saturday....

The Baadass stand is the nicest I've ever seen and I think Flex should have bought it along with the dumbbells and that beautiful monster of a bench.
    Looks ok, but floor space is a premium for me so I didn't bother. I am thinking I will add some storage pegs for all the spare plates on the walls. I have a 10' x 14' room and I have two squats stands, 3 benches, a weight tree, an exercise bike, and a corner shelf for all my gear.

Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    the problem of them being difficult to source for who knows how long whereas this stuff seems to be available now.
    This is key in covid times. I waited 2 months for my last shipment from Rogue. No one has anything in stock, prices are crazy, and no one answers their phones or e-mails. I waited on hold with Rogue for over an hour to try to change and order that had not even been processed yet and they said no.

Fukk them.

I messaged BAADASS via their IG account, had answers almost instantly and an invoice in minutes. Paid the invoice Saturday afternoon, everything shipped yesterday, and I'll have it Friday.

But hey, they are "shady AF" to some here. LOL.

I've never owned a set of adjustable DBs before but all the ones I've seen except these and IronMaster look fragile due to plastic parts, not user friendly due to oddball shapes (and that includes the square iron masters; just why?).

These seem like the closest thing to a real dumbbell and solid since no plastics anywhere. They are not 'quick change' but I don't care. Once I warm up I usually do straight sets of x reps with the same weight.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Should have them Friday, according to FedEx Tacking. Maybe a review on Saturday....

Looks ok, but floor space is a premium for me so I didn't bother. I am thinking I will add some storage pegs for all the spare plates on the walls. I have a 10' x 14' room and I have two squats stands, 3 benches, a weight tree, an exercise bike, and a corner shelf for all my gear.

This is key in covid times. I waited 2 months for my last shipment from Rogue. No one has anything in stock, prices are crazy, and no one answers their phones or e-mails. I waited on hold with Rogue for over an hour to try to change and order that had not even been processed yet and they said no.

Fukk them.

I messaged BAADASS via their IG account, had answers almost instantly and an invoice in minutes. Paid the invoice Saturday afternoon, everything shipped yesterday, and I'll have it Friday.

But hey, they are "shady AF" to some here. LOL.

I've never owned a set of adjustable DBs before but all the ones I've seen except these and IronMaster look fragile due to plastic parts, not user friendly due to oddball shapes (and that includes the square iron masters; just why?).

These seem like the closest thing to a real dumbbell and solid since no plastics anywhere. They are not 'quick change' but I don't care. Once I warm up I usually do straight sets of x reps with the same weight.
    This thread might be helpful https://www.reddit.com/r/homegym/com...ble_dumbbells/
    Bunch of videos from the company here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy7...ueUEeGtsGTIwXg

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ... Looks ok, but floor space is a premium for me so I didn't bother.
    As far as dumbbell stands go, it's great one. I've seen three reviews so far and the Baadass dumbbells always get loaded on a table turned on their sides.

P.S. Some plastics are way, way stronger than steel.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    P.S. Some plastics are way, way stronger than steel.
    Yes, but "Pumping Plastic" doesn't sound cool.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Yes, but "Pumping Plastic" doesn't sound cool.

True dat, but the plastic isn't for the weights.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hate my powerblock crew checking in

I should sell them now since they are worth more then they ever will be again I’d guess

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tmonkey View Post

I should sell them now since they are worth more then they ever will be again I’d guess

I don't like Powerblocks either. I got rid of my 50s back in March and definitely wish I would have asked more for them.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by novakjo1 View Post
    Looking to see if anyone has purchased from Baadass Dumbbell? They are based out of Canada and are offering a product similar to IronMaster. There are very few YouTube videos, and very little about them in general. A couple mentions on Reddit, but that is it. Ordering is not through their website, the owner says he will send an invoice with payment portal - I am unable to post a link to their website, but it if you google baadass dumbbell (yes with 2 a's). Hoping someone has ordered from them and can provide some feedback on whether the company is legit, quality of product, etc.
    2 posts in 8 years hmm

Interested in flex’s review after 2 weeks (or more) of use

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2 posts in 8 years hmm
    Yeah, that is a bit suspicious. I did some very, very brief searching on the owner of Baadass and found this. And this 1/5 rating at the BBB site. So yeah, I am going to maintain a healthy level of skepticism. I have no personal stake in this either way though, so if it turns out to be a great product and a great service that's great.

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Yeah, that is a bit suspicious. I did some very, very brief searching on the owner of Baadass and found this . And this 1/5 rating at the BBB site. So yeah, I am going to maintain a healthy level of skepticism. I have no personal stake in this either way though, so if it turns out to be a great product and a great service that's great.
    Interesting. Car **** gets my blood boiling.

Just recently got fukked over on some new rotors for my SRT; my loss $3k.

I will update this thread, hopefully with some good news. Doesn't look like they're gonna be delivered today; still in transit.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Can't believe you didn't sell them back in April-May, might have missed out on some profits.....

Doesn't look like they're gonna be delivered today; still in transit.
    OK, I lied. On truck out for delivery. Their tracking system is messed up for multiple packages.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Just got an e-mail form Mrs Flex. Everything has been delivered!

Pics later...

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Just got an e-mail form Mrs Flex. Everything has been delivered!
    I just popped in to ask. That's fantastic!

Well, not everything was delivered. My order shipped in 8 boxes. Only 6 were delivered.

One of which apparently contains the handles for the dumbbells. So I can't use them and can't do a review.

So much disappoint.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Well, not everything was delivered. My order shipped in 8 boxes. Only 6 were delivered.

One of which apparently contains the handles for the dumbbells. So I can't use them and can't do a review.

So much disappoint.
    Major drag, but such is life and you'll have them before you know it!
    Are the plates, as someone previouly mentioned; packed in grease?

Major drag, but such is life and you'll have them before you know it!
    Are the plates, as someone previouly mentioned; packed in grease?
    Not that I noticed. I just opened the boxes to see what was inside. I don't have any storage for them yet and since I didn't get the handles no need to do anything with them.

I think I will get some band pegs from Rogue and use them to store them on the Monster Lite rack I bought for Mrs Flex.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Not that I noticed. I just opened the boxes to see what was inside. I don't have any storage for them yet and since I didn't get the handles no need to do anything with them.

I think I will get some band pegs from Rogue and use them to store them on the Monster Lite rack I bought for Mrs Flex.
    You could always just keep them loaded to the max in between usages. 50% of my weightlifting is done with my loadable kettlebell handles incorporating spinlock bars and they rarely weigh less than 120 lbs. It takes longer than PowerBlocks to change weights, but it's never a chore.

P.S. Fully loaded dumbbells look baadass.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    curious if you got those handles shipped in flex?
    positivity brah crew
    powerlifting crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    FedEx is indicating they will be delivered tomorrow.

All anticipation....lol

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

jacksondan31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    I just received mine. Here are some pics. The first thing I noticed is the paint job could be better on the plates and the weight could be stamped into the steel. Otherwise, they feel really solid. I won't feel bad dropping them at all. The knurling feels excellent and the handle diameter feels right in my hand. These are a spinlock and yeah it will take a little time to switch the weight out. Just based on the build, I don't think you will find something as solid as these besides a stand-alone dumbbell at the gym. If you are comparing these to a bowflex or a powerblock forget about it, those are way faster for switching weights. If you want something solid get these.
    I think if a person wanted they could buy a second set of the locks and cut them down so you spend less time spinning the lock.
    Attached Images

Most excellent first post. ^^^

I would much rather forego the quick-change feature in favor of a solid steel product any day, which is why I bought these.

No way I would buy Powerbloks or any other goofy product that had any plastic in them.

Not really sure why the quick-change features matters to anyone. There's no quick-change feature on a barbell either...

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

Most excellent first post. ^^^

I would much rather forego the quick-change feature in favor of a solid steel product any day, which is why I bought these.

No way I would buy Powerbloks or any other goofy product that had any plastic in them.

Not really sure why the quick-change features matters to anyone. There's no quick-change feature on a barbell either...
    I had the U90 powerblocks and always was careful with them. I felt like if I had to bail them that they would not survive. The length of them was also ridiculous.
    You are right with heavier weights, I take my time between sets so spinning a lock isn’t a big deal.

I'm sure they are solid but they look like junk compared to Ironmaster or Powerblock, which is what I suspected when I saw the stock photo's. That pin would be annoying AF to change weights, how much did they cost?

I'm sure they are solid but they look like junk compared to Ironmaster or Powerblock, which is what I suspected when I saw the stock photo's. That pin would be annoying AF to change weights, how much did they cost?
    Well they definitely are not junk. I’d say the powerblocks u90s are chintzy compared to these. Ironmasters are more comparable. The only drawback is if you are impatient and don’t like turning things then these are not for you. Plenty of choices out there for everyone unless they aren’t available.

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Powerblocks are too long and have the weird issue of the bottom weighs more than the top.