chrismanop is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What do I do for a cut?

Been out of it cause of covid, put on fat in the stomach and I’d like to get lean before bulking.

How do I go about making sure I’m burning fat, but not too much too fast or does that even matter at this point? Other than calculating macros, how much cardio do I do? I will train 5-6 days a week implementing a Push-Pull-Legs 2xweek so I’ll be active almost every day.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chrismanop View Post
    Other than calculating macros
    This is all you should have needed. Everything else is of low importance with regards to body fat levels.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) leidenesLK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Been out of it cause of covid, put on fat in the stomach and I’d like to get lean before bulking.

How do I go about making sure I’m burning fat, but not too much too fast or does that even matter at this point? Other than calculating macros, how much cardio do I do? I will train 5-6 days a week implementing a Push-Pull-Legs 2xweek so I’ll be active almost every day.
    You haven’t really told us much. Are you a beginner? You might be able to get away with body recomp.

Firstly, it’d be a good idea to check out the stickies in the nutrition section on this very topic. Anything to do with weight whether losing or gaining fat/muscle is always going to be about your caloric intake, macros etc. Secondly, you’ve taken some time off and now would be the perfect time to implement a routine much lower in volume than a PPL 2x a week. I doubt you’re advanced enough to warrant using a PPL right off the bat. Don’t back yourself into a corner by doing more than you need when your body has just re-sensitized to doing less. This is even more important on a cut when you aren’t eating as much to support recovery.

Cardio has health benefits, but it’s not mandatory for any aesthetics-based goal. In the case of cutting, it only serves as a very inefficient way of reducing calories. Eating less is far easier and much more efficient.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    - calorie deficit
    - adequate protein
    - as much resistance training as you can manage

Read the basics thread in the fat loss forum.

Originally Posted by leidenesLK View Post
    You haven’t really told us much. Are you a beginner? You might be able to get away with body recomp.

Firstly, it’d be a good idea to check out the stickies in the nutrition section on this very topic. Anything to do with weight whether losing or gaining fat/muscle is always going to be about your caloric intake, macros etc. Secondly, you’ve taken some time off and now would be the perfect time to implement a routine much lower in volume than a PPL 2x a week. I doubt you’re advanced enough to warrant using a PPL right off the bat. Don’t back yourself into a corner by doing more than you need when your body has just re-sensitized to doing less. This is even more important on a cut when you aren’t eating as much to support recovery.

Cardio has health benefits, but it’s not mandatory for any aesthetics-based goal. In the case of cutting, it only serves as a very inefficient way of reducing calories. Eating less is far easier and much more efficient.
    Before covid hit, I bad roughly 14-15 months of experience. What’s the difference between a recomp and a pure cut? Also, cardio isn’t needed on a cut?? I was under the impression it was needed to burn far..That’s good to know lol
    Last edited by chrismanop; 11-03-2020 at 08:05 AM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Before covid hit, I bad roughly 14-15 months of experience. What’s the difference between a recomp and a pure cut? Also, cardio isn’t needed on a cut?? I was under the impression it was needed to burn far..That’s good to know lol
    Recomp you're eating pretty much around maintenance cals while cutting you're at a cal deficit of some sort.

Cardio isn't needed, it'll only help to increase your cal deficit. The cal deficit is what "burns fat", and diet will be the most efficient way for you to accomplish this.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Recomp you're eating pretty much around maintenance cals while cutting you're at a cal deficit of some sort.

Cardio isn't needed, it'll only help to increase your cal deficit. The cal deficit is what "burns fat", and diet will be the most efficient way for you to accomplish this.
    Oh ok hmm, maybe I’ll try recomp. What’s the best way to figure out my cals/macros for maintenance and cut?

I’ve seen those automated ones where you enter height, weight, age and activity level but how accurate are they?

kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Oh ok hmm, maybe I’ll try recomp. What’s the best way to figure out my cals/macros for maintenance and cut?

I’ve seen those automated ones where you enter height, weight, age and activity level but how accurate are they?
    You'll be alright if you use one of the online calculators as a starting point. I usually use (Body weight in pounds) X 15 and minus 500 for my deficit

You can even eat at maintenance for two weeks to see if it is accurate or not and adjust from there
    The best personal trainer you can invest in is YOURSELF.