Alejan95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post I can't tell if this workout plan is right for me

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble telling if this workout plan is right for me. I don't know what level of pain is healthy, and means that your muscle tendons are growing, and what kind of pain is the sign of an injury and needs to heal.

A week ago, I was trying to do chin-ups, which, as I have just started strength training, are quite impossible for me. My elbows were in pain for days after, so I gave them a break and got better.

Three days ago, I was doing squats and jumping squats, and my legs are still stiff and ache-y.

The pain is not worse when I exercise, and it's something I can live with, I just want to be sure I am not risking an injury that could need medical attention or hinder my progress while it heals. What do you guys think?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No one will be able to answer you without watching you train. That said, you should not feel pain in your joints.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We'd also need to see the whole program, and have some basic information about you such as bodyweight, height, age, and training experience.

If you're new to training, it will be uncomfortable at first. After you adapt, it might always be uncomfortable depending on the kind of training you do.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Alejan95 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am having trouble telling if this workout plan is right for me. I don't know what level of pain is healthy, and means that your muscle tendons are growing, and what kind of pain is the sign of an injury and needs to heal.

A week ago, I was trying to do chin-ups, which, as I have just started strength training, are quite impossible for me. My elbows were in pain for days after, so I gave them a break and got better.

Three days ago, I was doing squats and jumping squats, and my legs are still stiff and ache-y.

The pain is not worse when I exercise, and it's something I can live with, I just want to be sure I am not risking an injury that could need medical attention or hinder my progress while it heals. What do you guys think?
    send me that workout plan and picture of you from front side and back. Based on what you are describing you are new, and for beginners you should always give few (4-5) with reserve in each exercise since you learning how to do a movement pattern in safe position for you. Not everyone has to do squats pull ups and that kind of exercises especially if it's recreation and not sport competition. It depends from many things whether u can do exercises or not start from mobility ends on stability and your anatomical structure and most important - postural arrears. The best if you find a good trainer so he can do test for you and prescribe individual workout plan before you get hurt.
    Last edited by Szyszak; 11-02-2020 at 05:19 AM.