Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question for vintage Airdyne owners/users

Just kinda thinking out loud here...

Do any of you actually use the "load indicator"?

I've sold a handful of Airdynes this year, and a bunch more last year, and have noticed a difference in the speed at which the different models sell.

The grey ones move faster than the other colors, with the rectangular digital console versions outpacing all others by a wide margin. The copper (Harvest Gold) models are next (assuming a fully functional console), and the white ones just don't sell worth a damn around here.

While the color definitely has an impact on desirability, I think some folks find the analog gauge to be a turn-off.

With that said, do you think there's any reason to ensure the load indicators are fully functional on the old copper models? As long as the timer works properly, it seems as though replacing them with a cupholder insert would be a lot cheaper, and far more useful...as long as it looks like it came that way.

Thoughts?
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You mean the "speedometer" part, right?

I personally like the analog speedometer on the older models.......my digital one works fine, but the analog indicator seemed to offer feedback a little more instantaneously when I used the old Harvest Gold model. When I do HIIT, I do 10 seconds full-tilt and 20 seconds at about 30 percent. It's slightly easier for me to track the change in levels when I can watch the needle go up/down. Occasionally it seems to take the digital models a second or two to catch up.

It's entirely possible that I'm just being an old fart about this.

As an aside, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've come across that older model with the battery cap intact on the timer. I've never had anyone raise an issue over that piece being missing, I've sold a handful of those bikes.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    You mean the "speedometer" part, right?
    Yes.

I snag functional consoles and battery covers whenever I can get them at a decent price. Right now I have a spare rectangular digital console with cord and pickup, 2 complete analog consoles with battery covers and one cable, another partial analog console with a dismantled timer in need of a new polarizing filter, a couple extra magnets for the "wheel", and a couple Xebex console cords to facilitate Xebex Airbike/Assault Bike console swaps.

I found a supplier for the little round battery covers a few months ago, but their supply dried up quickly.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I liked the load indicator on the gold ones I have used in the past.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've sold a couple of the gold ones and most people have asked if the gauges are working. However, one guy that bought them messaged me a few days later and asked if he could swap it out for an Assault console (he is a PT and didn't like how easy it was to bury the needle on the OEM gauge).

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    I've sold a couple of the gold ones and most people have asked if the gauges are working. However, one guy that bought them messaged me a few days later and asked if he could swap it out for an Assault console (he is a PT and didn't like how easy it was to bury the needle on the OEM gauge).

It can be done on the older models with a bit of work, but it's damn-near plug and play on the models with the digital consoles. Heads up for anyone interested in doing the conversion: the Xebex consoles are a bit cheaper and look better. The asymmetry of the Assault Bike console messes with my OCD.

I have an old copper/gold one for sale right now, with very little buyet interest. I've sold two of the grey ones in the past week at higher prices than the gold one, so I'm trying to pinpoint the issue. It's clean, fully functional, and priced lower than all of the other ones on the local CL and OfferUp.

Might replace the seat with a more modern version and swap the console out for a rectangular digital, jack up the price, and see if that draws more interest. If the digital console is masked off and painted satin black, I think it'll look like it came that way.

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ive sold a couple airdynes and have never been able to get more than $120. I also like the analog speedometer on the older models. Like others said, the needle gives instant feedback where the digital takes a second. Realistically though, if im doing hiit, I dont even look at the gauges so it doesnt matter what type of monitor is on it.

Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    Ive sold a couple airdynes and have never been able to get more than $120. I also like the analog speedometer on the older models. Like others said, the needle gives instant feedback where the digital takes a second. Realistically though, if im doing hiit, I dont even look at the gauges so it doesnt matter what type of monitor is on it.

I don't recall ever selling one that cheap. I typically get about twice that, and rarely hold them more than a couple weeks.

Every market is different. In this area, the majority of the sub-$200 Airdynes have major rust or broken/missing consoles.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think $120 is as high as I've ever sold one as well. That said, I haven't put in a single bit of work to fix anything up except maybe wiping off a little dust. I typically pay $50 or less for them, and they never sit more than a week.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]