drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) drunkenmaster1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Curl / Hammer Curl - difference negligible?

Everybody knows that in theory, hammer curls work more the forearm and brachialis, while supinated grip is supposed to be the superior exercise for full bicep activation...but we all know that it often doesnt work like that in practice, that supposed shaping movements are often all the same exercise.

Now my problem is, I don't really have a supinated grip curl version that I like. Some of them give me golfers elbow, some just feel awkward. Hammer curls on the other hand feel very good and comfort able for me. Ive tried to force myself to use supinated grip because its better in theory but it sucks for me, I would like to do Hammer curls for the rest of my life.

So my question is, is the difference really so crucial that I have to force myself to do a supinated grip version to get good bicep activation or can I get good biceps with hammer curls only? Or will I just work my forearm and brachialis that way? I didnt make a lot of progres at all going through awkward supinated curl versions and its not fun either, if I could just stick to the hammer curls that would be great

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do what feels good for you. I personally enjoy Hammer Curls more as well too. (Makes my veins seem to pop more in my arms)

How wide is your grip? I have a tendency to get tennis elbow but its only because my work requires me to throw valve handles all day and stuff. Though I like Hammer Curls, I really like wider grip Barbell Curls. Seem to get a good pump from that. Another one I like is doing dumbbell preacher curls and putting the dumb bell ends together and doing curls like I would with the bar.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not a huge difference. You can build plenty of bicep from high volume hammer curls.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hammer curls feel....weird to me.

Standing dB curls, feet together, supination and squeezing at the top? Thats it.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You should be fine just doing hammer curls. You can supinate at the top for further bicep activation if you can do so comfortably.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try different versions

Try Spider curls and these:

And the Spider curl if you're not familiar

2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would say it's how you feel your biceps with them.
    All bodybuilding movements IMO the working muscle should be felt and the more the better.
    If hammer curls feel real good on your biceps then do them.
    I really only start to feel hammer curls at the top half of the movement and to hit the biceps harder i do an elbow out technique and bring the DB's inward to the chest.
    These seem to hit the outer biceps well as long as you squeeze them at the top.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ckkon View Post
    interesting, but there are some methods for increasing the triceps in a month or less
    This is relevant in any way how exactly?
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ckkon View Post
    interesting, but there are some methods for increasing the triceps in a month or less
    Aside from prepping for a competition, putting a timeframe on muscle growth is ridiculous. Might as well just get implants.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Supinated curls are more of a strength exercise.

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    This is relevant in any way how exactly?
    That, friends, is what one would call a “troll”.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Supinated curls are more of a strength exercise.
    Interesting comment. Technically, I guess you could say any exercise could be a “strength exercise” if you train them for low reps.

Some exercises though, I would avoid heavy training (<5 reps) like the plague. Preacher curls are one of them - unless you enjoy snapping your biceps off their tendons.

Strength training for biceps? Heavy rows, heavy chins, heavy barbell curls. The ultimate trifecta for biceps from hell.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironface View Post
    Interesting comment. Technically, I guess you could say any exercise could be a “strength exercise” if you train them for low reps.
    And you could say that powerlifting is more of a bodybuilding sport.

Some exercises though, I would avoid heavy training (<5 reps) like the plague. Preacher curls are one of them - unless you enjoy snapping your biceps off their tendons.
    I'm more of the mind that it's largely about how you approach it in the form of pacing and programming. Exercises will be more problematic and/or more commonly mis executed than others.

Strength training for biceps? Heavy rows, heavy chins, heavy barbell curls. The ultimate trifecta for biceps from hell.
    They're pulling exercises. Exercises aren't defined by their target muscles; it's about the function they provide for the body and also every muscle involved. Barbell curls can be supinated or neutral. A muscle will adapt to endurance and/or high intensity tension.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I will throw a wrench in the machine!

I'm way stronger at hammer curls vs normal curls.

Might be because of doing a ton of chin ups.

If I can do 20lb supinated curls. I can do 40lb hammer curls. They must obviously be different right? I'm talking proper form too. I use a biceps limiter (you wear it and it forces your elbows to be locked at your side)

It feels like where as supinated curls seriously isolate the biceps. The hammer curls activate more muscles but get the same feeling with both of them. I always find a way to do both variations.

I would much prefer to only do hammer curls but it feels like I would be leaving gains on the table.

Same with chin ups vs pull ups. Or other variations.

Try everything and if you can implement them without causing issues than I highly recommend it.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    I will throw a wrench in the machine!

I'm way stronger at hammer curls vs normal curls.

Might be because of doing a ton of chin ups.

If I can do 20lb supinated curls. I can do 40lb hammer curls. They must obviously be different right? I'm talking proper form too. I use a biceps limiter (you wear it and it forces your elbows to be locked at your side)

It feels like where as supinated curls seriously isolate the biceps. The hammer curls activate more muscles but get the same feeling with both of them. I always find a way to do both variations.

I would much prefer to only do hammer curls but it feels like I would be leaving gains on the table.

Same with chin ups vs pull ups. Or other variations.

Try everything and if you can implement them without causing issues than I highly recommend it.
    1:2 is a pretty low ratio. They should be mostly similar.

Proper form isn't just defined as elbows locked at the side, there is quite a bit of posture involved to get the right leverage.

You should always be generally into anything that you feel that you are naturally better at than with other exercises. It is a theory of international trade and it applies here as well: apply gains to your easiest exercises and everyone prospers in equilibrium. However you should also be correcting exercises fundamental to more core strength foundations, for reasons of health, prosperity, and extra gains.

Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daniel1836 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I do minimal isolation exercises. Especially with gyms closed, my time is better spent on compounds.
    A great bicep builder is weighted chin-ups. Add 5 pounds a week, always set Personal Records and you're good to go.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    1:2 is a pretty low ratio. They should be mostly similar.

Proper form isn't just defined as elbows locked at the side, there is quite a bit of posture involved to get the right leverage.

You should always be generally into anything that you feel that you are naturally better at than with other exercises. It is a theory of international trade and it applies here as well: apply gains to your easiest exercises and everyone prospers in equilibrium. However you should also be correcting exercises fundamental to more core strength foundations, for reasons of health, prosperity, and extra gains.
    I cant rep you right now. But thanks for telling me 1:2 ratio is normal
    Also my form is always the most important thing to me so I'm extremely aware of good form.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    I cant rep you right now. But thanks for telling me 1:2 ratio is normal
    Also my form is always the most important thing to me so I'm extremely aware of good form.
    I mean I've had problems from the wrist to the elbow with biceps curls (bb particular), but I've gotten it together more and it makes more sense as a bit of a complicated exercise compared to hammer curls.

ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChunkBuster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I spent a year on hammer chin ups and curls then found my outer biceps lacking. Inner biceps had grown.

I’ve focussed more on close-grip ez curls and regular chin ups since.

Don’t neglect the outer biceps