Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Focusing on vertical pulls as opposed to horizontal?

I train using a PPL split and I enjoy starting out with vertical pulls like the lat pulldown because I would like to get a wider back. Is there any major difference in "focusing" on vertical pulls then doing horizontal rows like an afterthought? I look back at my logs and I realized I do more sets with the pulldowns compared to rows.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Have a read of Menno Henselmans article on muscle specific hypertrophy for the back and biceps.

Yes it's fine for lats but I would also do rows for scapular retraction / mid back.

A key for pulldowns is to do both elbows parallel and elbows to the side grip styles.

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Have a read of Menno Henselmans article on muscle specific hypertrophy for the back and biceps.

Yes it's fine for lats but I would also do rows for scapular retraction / mid back.

A key for pulldowns is to do both elbows parallel and elbows to the side grip styles.
    Thanks for the share.

When I do pulldowns, I always do it with a reverse grip with alternating widths because I feel it best on my lats. An overhand grip irritates my arms and I don't feel it as much.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do both.

There is more to the back than lats.

Horizontal pulls are better for the scaps, external rotators, Teres major and minor, rhomboids, traps (especially the upper), Pec minor and rear/side delts.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any pronated pull is going to involve appreciable leverage from the upper back when done properly. With wider grip pullups it happens more at the teres major and bent over rows get more of the rhomboids.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    Thanks for the share.

When I do pulldowns, I always do it with a reverse grip with alternating widths because I feel it best on my lats. An overhand grip irritates my arms and I don't feel it as much.
    It's meant to use different parts of the lats which is what I thought you were asking for. Maybe you just need to give yourself time to adapt.

beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As others have said here, you should try to do both. In fact, Dr. Rusin makes the case to do more horizontal pulling than vertical:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...wo-ratios.html