Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User One Badass Mofo's Avatar
    One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000) One Badass Mofo is just really nice. (+1000)
    More strength and muscular endurance is always good if it doesn't detract from your skills training.
    However it takes a lot of effort, adjustments and sacrifice to follow a legit lifting program while you are trying to train as much grappling/striking as you can.
    Your recovery needs to be impeccable and you'll have to spend a lot of time stretching, sleeping, eating etc.
    You can also get hurt from lifting which will mess with your martial arts training.
    It's a lot of extra effort and not everyone has the time or resources to be able to handle it. That's probably why most just get to a decent level of strength and maintain from there on.
    \_(ツ)_/

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Pretty good video so far but I had to stop to note that, powerlifting variety doesn't just give you maximal strength it also gives you explosive, iso and endurance.

Furthermore it also opens the door for rounding out the power. For example it lets you lift heavier in more focused exercises as opposed to if one skipped powerlifting.

Edit: nm this guy is all over the place. I think its his bloat that throws him off track since hes a bloat lifter not an athlete body type who happens to powerlift.

Actually the channel has follow up videos adressing those issues. His training program includes way to focus on these too.

akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Pretty good video so far but I had to stop to note that, powerlifting variety doesn't just give you maximal strength it also gives you explosive, iso and endurance.

Furthermore it also opens the door for rounding out the power. For example it lets you lift heavier in more focused exercises as opposed to if one skipped powerlifting.

Edit: nm this guy is all over the place. I think its his bloat that throws him off track since hes a bloat lifter not an athlete body type who happens to powerlift.
    Please explain where you think he is all over the place? That was a very informative and sound 20 minutes of explaining barbell strength in direct relation to bjj strength.

Not an athlete? CWS is a super smart dude, and elite athlete who happens to be strong AF. He was an elite track and field throwing athlete before focusing on powerlifting, and also has near US National team Oly lift numbers.

Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    as far as for boxing

strength training is such a minimal thing that it's almost not needed
    Yellow Fever Crew
    Never Lost a Streetfight Crew
    J-Drama Crew/
    Hana Yori Dango Fanclub Crew
    Boxing Crew

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by akmerle View Post
    Please explain where you think he is all over the place? That was a very informative and sound 20 minutes of explaining barbell strength in direct relation to bjj strength.

Not an athlete? CWS is a super smart dude, and elite athlete who happens to be strong AF. He was an elite track and field throwing athlete before focusing on powerlifting, and also has near US National team Oly lift numbers.
    You don't have to take KingSRW too seriously. He is a lowkey troll. The guy spent months on a crusade trying to convince anybody McGregor would beat Mayweather for example.

EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by I3igAl View Post
    You don't have to take KingSRW too seriously. He is a lowkey troll. The guy spent months on a crusade trying to convince anybody McGregor would beat Mayweather for example.
    The guy's one of the biggest pieces of chit in the history of this section (in the top 2, imo).
    Hogan Warrior Taker Bret Y2J

If HE looks like a SHE, it is acceptable.

Small Willy Brah.

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lift Heavy Weights + High Volume + High Frequency
    Do Yoga
    See a Chiro
    Get massages
    Sprint/HIIT
    Run daily
    Eat meat and vegetables
    Take your daily vitamins
    Ice baths

Not hard lol
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Google Joel Jamieson and do what he tells you.
    OLD MOVIE CREW

KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KingSWRV has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Meaning at first he kinda "organized" and presented the paradigm well but then later when going into detail he kinda backtracked on the logic and also went into an awkward direction with his summations and conclusions.

Which like I said I think have to do with him being too large. And thats kind of true too. Different people have different body sizes and sometimes we dont account for that and tend to generalize. And people with certain types seem to speak for others of their type. Thats normal and reality is complicated.

So my guess is he tasted the limitations of his own body and attributed it to powerlifting.

The thing is as you get larger, the ratio of how much you can lift compared to your body is exponential. And a large person is both using mechanical leverage and also facing a more blown out scale of weight to results ratio. (needs way more weight because his mechanical power is so intense) and he cant go past a certain point. Or stay below one due to bloat body.

Compare that to someone like Khabibs size yet is able to generate a lot of force. The leverage of a 155 lbs person is way different than of a 300lbs person. And so that becomes a sliding scale.

All his numbers were off a skewed towards one body type etc...

The conclusions were weak because his personal experience was weak.

At lower weights you have more "true strength" like the slow twitch muslce fibers become chimp like.

To manipulate a 155lbs person when you have triple body weight power is way more intense.

Its hard to generalize but I would say if anything, double down on powerlifting to the point where it bleeds out into everything else.

You should be able to just do a standing backflip.

zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Of course it matters, even for grizzled vets.

You don't think an elite bench/squat/deadlift would factor in take down defense? Factor in the conditioning part alongside the strength and that makes up at least 25% of a professional mma fighter's game.

MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MuslimBrahSwag View Post
    Is there any point to training strength after a certain level?

For example, all of my brahs that I train with in the UFC have left completely or left a good deal of weight training due to injuries.

One of them is a UFC lhw who was dominating his division until he got his injury and another is a bw who use to be seriously juicy but it seems like he doesnt even lift anymore.

I'm not able to ask them rn bc I'm coming back from shoulder surgery, so i wanted to get misks opinions.

I was thinking, come back, get bench to 2 plates and only go for reps after that. same with squat and dead, 4 plates, then only do 4 plates for reps.

The idea and my own experience is that from unlucky punches that land wrong, weird positions in grappling, etc, all of this forms lots of stress that coupled with massive weight leads to injury way easier.

Both my wrestling and Thai coach, my thai coach being a legend in Thailand, up there with Samart, and my coach, coming from Iran so I don't think those credentials even need to be challenged, have told me not to lift at all.

I think there could be some middle ground though and you just have to listen to your body, really really carefully. What do yall think?
    In to find out who your trainer is?

Is it kaensak? You are US based right?

MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MuslimBrahSwag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MiniManletBrah View Post
    In to find out who your trainer is?

Is it kaensak? You are US based right?
    Seksan

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If someone benches, squats, bent over rows, ohp, bicep curls, chins and dips heavy, regularly - there is no way their strength can be ignored in a combat situation. They are just resilient, tough and hard to wear down.

The exception is for striking only situations eg boxing. Lifting weights goes out the window. I seen small guys hit real hard and they havent done a pushup in their life let alone lift weights
    Kill me. You must. For I will not stop.

akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) akmerle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Crazee_786 View Post
    If someone benches, squats, bent over rows, ohp, bicep curls, chins and dips heavy, regularly - there is no way their strength can be ignored in a combat situation. They are just resilient, tough and hard to wear down.

The exception is for striking only situations eg boxing. Lifting weights goes out the window. I seen small guys hit real hard and they havent done a pushup in their life let alone lift weights
    No one has said that strength should be ignored, what has been unanimously suggested by coaches and experts is that once there is a base level of strength achieved, that focusing more on technique and cardio is far more beneficial. The lower the skill and experience level, the more paramount and the more true.

But will also say that all of the collegiate wrestlers and high level competition grapplers / MMA I know hardly ever touch weights. And in a combat situation I could care less what their powerlifting total is, and would be much more concerned with their actual training experience level.

amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been reading a book called easy strength and I look forward to not killing myself every workout. It seems like the way to go for fighters is to cut the volume down to doubles and triples
    powerlifting meet PRs at 175lbs:
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000) Crazee_786 is just really nice. (+1000)
    But will also say that all of the collegiate wrestlers and high level competition grapplers / MMA I know hardly ever touch weights. And in a combat situation I could care less what their powerlifting total is, and would be much more concerned with their actual training experience level.
    You are without a doubt talking utter BS. ALL d1 and d2, national and international wrestlers lift weights - A LOT.

Please tell me about these world champ grapplers that do not lift weights. This is going to be amusing.

You are without a doubt talking utter BS. ALL d1 and d2, national and international wrestlers lift weights - A LOT.

Please tell me about these world champ grapplers that do not lift weights. This is going to be amusing.
    Relative to their time spent on the mats / cardio / technique their actual weight training is much smaller. Particularly in season.

Even more so for strikers and mma.

Please prove me wrong with an actual strength program and not social media glamor postings.

Relative to their time spent on the mats / cardio / technique their actual weight training is much smaller. Particularly in season.

Even more so for strikers and mma.

Please prove me wrong with an actual strength program and not social media glamor postings.
    Yes

Okay tbh its not fair leaving it like that. Things are best demonstrated by example, I believe.

Check the following video. Here is who is present and what happens.

1) smug smiley looking, “functional” lbs for lbs amazing athlete dumbazz bjj guy who can submit you on the floor is you have the strength of a 12 year old girl.

2) 2 people who do strength training seriously.

What happens: essentially the youtube safe version of male rape. The two musculars toy with their prey as they laugh hysterically as “moves” are being demonstrated.

I personally know a few, lets say enforcers, who are very serious into powerlifting. They are amazing fighters on the street and when questioned if they “train martial arts” they look puzzled and have said there is no need to. Why? Good luck landing a shot heavy enough to rock their thick neck, traps and shoulder girdle. Good luck hanging off their stone rigid arms with all your buck 80 “functional”
    Bodyweight and your “leverage” might.

Spot dedicated to the Great Gama

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol ^^^

No untrained person regardless of size and muscle stands a chance VS a trained fighter.

Your “enforcers” have never faced Anderson Silva or even Connor who would elbow them in the nose before they can even realize what happened. And noses have no muscles. Your “enforcers” got no chance. Just like Anderson Silva has no chance to bench 500 lbs.

Originally Posted by kusok View Post
    Lol ^^^

No untrained person regardless of size and muscle stands a chance VS a trained fighter.

Your “enforcers” have never faced Anderson Silva or even Connor who would elbow them in the nose before they can even realize what happened. And noses have no muscles. Your “enforcers” got no chance. Just like Anderson Silva has no chance to bench 500 lbs.
    Bro we aren’t talking about midgets, they don’t count cos there’s something call human rights laws that shouldn’t be violated with those folk.
    Now as for anderson silva the goat, hes a top performing professional. You are using a literal 0.000001% representation sample, when talking about martial arts and skills. The vast majority of those who train TapOut and BeeJayJay and UFC are going to get crushed against a stronger guy.
    Take the video I posted above, look how embarrassed Mr bjj looks. Its just genuinely sad.

EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Big Daddy would've raped the Gama.
    Hogan Warrior Taker Bret Y2J

If HE looks like a SHE, it is acceptable.

Small Willy Brah.

mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mp83 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    HIIT with weights would help you a lot more than a powerlifting routine.

That being said, you gotta be careful not to get injured, too.
    {Misc Fisherman Crew}
    {Misc Investing Crew}

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bro we aren’t talking about midgets, they don’t count cos there’s something call human rights laws that shouldn’t be violated with those folk.
    Now as for anderson silva the goat, hes a top performing professional. You are using a literal 0.000001% representation sample, when talking about martial arts and skills. The vast majority of those who train TapOut and BeeJayJay and UFC are going to get crushed against a stronger guy.
    Take the video I posted above, look how embarrassed Mr bjj looks. Its just genuinely sad.

The very first thing people find out when they join a real MMA gym with many pros and amateur fighters sparring is how helpless they are, even VS someone 50 lbs lighter and a foot shorter as long as that person is a seriously trained full contact fighter.

Strangely the first thing that goes is cardio, after 30 seconds the tough guy noob is breathing heavy and the fighter starts to smile, they have seen it all before, it’s over from there.

Not to mention reaction to strikes, unless you get punches thrown at you daily, our human reaction is wrong, it is to blink, turn away, reach for opponent’s hands etc. No amount of lifting or size can correct this. And when a 140 lbs pro connects full contact to your nose or chin or nerves on your leg it’s over.

The very first thing people find out when they join a real MMA gym with many pros and amateur fighters sparring is how helpless they are, even VS someone 50 lbs lighter and a foot shorter as long as that person is a seriously trained full contact fighter.

Strangely the first thing that goes is cardio, after 30 seconds the tough guy noob is breathing heavy and the fighter starts to smile, they have seen it all before, it’s over from there.

Not to mention reaction to strikes, unless you get punches thrown at you daily, our human reaction is wrong, it is to blink, turn away, reach for opponent’s hands etc. No amount of lifting or size can correct this. And when a 140 lbs pro connects full contact to your nose or chin or nerves on your leg it’s over.
    Almost everything you said sounds like you are speaking for yourself. Dont measure others by your own yardstick, boy

Almost everything you said sounds like you are speaking for yourself. Dont measure others by your own yardstick, boy

You just told us you never spared full contact with anyone good And never trained for real. Never competed for sure. 100% Or else you would know all I said was 100% true for absolutely everyone. You can literally take a marathon world champion and he would gas in 30 seconds in an MMA fight. It’s different. Efficiency etc. And you never got hit by a pro, neither did your “enforcer” friends LOL

A strong man stands zero chance VS anyone good at actual fighting.

goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000) goonsondeck is a name known to all. (+5000)

100%

a 60kg pro boxer would spark out some big guy who has never fought/sparred before

Okay tbh its not fair leaving it like that. Things are best demonstrated by example, I believe.

Check the following video. Here is who is present and what happens.

1) smug smiley looking, “functional” lbs for lbs amazing athlete dumbazz bjj guy who can submit you on the floor is you have the strength of a 12 year old girl.

2) 2 people who do strength training seriously.

1) Juji and Tom's videos are more or less scripted, directed and cut by Tom. The DYEL guy behind the camera in this video.
    2) Martin Licis claims in the video to have been training bjj for half a year before, but then stopped.
    3) Noone is trying to submit anyone, the teacher didn't push those positions through.

I personally know a few, lets say enforcers, who are very serious into powerlifting. They are amazing fighters on the street and when questioned if they “train martial arts” they look puzzled and have said there is no need to. Why? Good luck landing a shot heavy enough to rock their thick neck, traps and shoulder girdle. Good luck hanging off their stone rigid arms with all your buck 80 “functional”
    Bodyweight and your “leverage” might.

Spot dedicated to the Great Gama

Why would you post a guy, who spent his entire life training wrestling below what you just wrote? Are you trolling by a chance?

aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    strength training definitely helps not too heavy because injury chance is high, once u snap your lower back with heavy deadlifts lifes over. in fights, tendon strength & strong bones actually is more of the determinant factor, high reps build tendon strength, tendon strength allows you to have a higher muscle usage rate. was an amateur went into sparring with some dude that trained for years, shin to shin, he felt no pain while mine is jacked.
    if u train for prs low reps, chance of injury is high and u are not training that much for the tendon. not worth imo

DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DassItMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Costa vs Adesanya.

Khabib when he steps on the scale at 155 vs any of his opponents and how they look besides him looking lower body fat % than him thus likely having more muscle mass.

Lifting helps fighting but won’t help you against a kick boxer/wrestler. You don’t work out your jaw, balls, knees, pain receptors, your face, your liver, your ability to take a hit etc.

But lifting will always be > martial arts. Why? Because it’s better to look the part and be respected for it rather than boasting to everyone you are the part and not being taken seriously. You don’t tell every stranger you meet you’re a black belt in whatever but they can see your physique.