Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User One Badass Mofo's Avatar
    One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) One Badass Mofo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    More strength and muscular endurance is always good if it doesn't detract from your skills training.
    However it takes a lot of effort, adjustments and sacrifice to follow a legit lifting program while you are trying to train as much grappling/striking as you can.
    Your recovery needs to be impeccable and you'll have to spend a lot of time stretching, sleeping, eating etc.
    You can also get hurt from lifting which will mess with your martial arts training.
    It's a lot of extra effort and not everyone has the time or resources to be able to handle it. That's probably why most just get to a decent level of strength and maintain from there on.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Pretty good video so far but I had to stop to note that, powerlifting variety doesn't just give you maximal strength it also gives you explosive, iso and endurance.

Furthermore it also opens the door for rounding out the power. For example it lets you lift heavier in more focused exercises as opposed to if one skipped powerlifting.

Edit: nm this guy is all over the place. I think its his bloat that throws him off track since hes a bloat lifter not an athlete body type who happens to powerlift.

Actually the channel has follow up videos adressing those issues. His training program includes way to focus on these too.

akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000) akmerle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Pretty good video so far but I had to stop to note that, powerlifting variety doesn't just give you maximal strength it also gives you explosive, iso and endurance.

Furthermore it also opens the door for rounding out the power. For example it lets you lift heavier in more focused exercises as opposed to if one skipped powerlifting.

Edit: nm this guy is all over the place. I think its his bloat that throws him off track since hes a bloat lifter not an athlete body type who happens to powerlift.
    Please explain where you think he is all over the place? That was a very informative and sound 20 minutes of explaining barbell strength in direct relation to bjj strength.

Not an athlete? CWS is a super smart dude, and elite athlete who happens to be strong AF. He was an elite track and field throwing athlete before focusing on powerlifting, and also has near US National team Oly lift numbers.

Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    as far as for boxing

strength training is such a minimal thing that it's almost not needed
    Yellow Fever Crew
    Never Lost a Streetfight Crew
    J-Drama Crew/
    Hana Yori Dango Fanclub Crew
    Boxing Crew

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by akmerle View Post
    Please explain where you think he is all over the place? That was a very informative and sound 20 minutes of explaining barbell strength in direct relation to bjj strength.

Not an athlete? CWS is a super smart dude, and elite athlete who happens to be strong AF. He was an elite track and field throwing athlete before focusing on powerlifting, and also has near US National team Oly lift numbers.
    You don't have to take KingSRW too seriously. He is a lowkey troll. The guy spent months on a crusade trying to convince anybody McGregor would beat Mayweather for example.

EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EidFnatic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by I3igAl View Post
    You don't have to take KingSRW too seriously. He is a lowkey troll. The guy spent months on a crusade trying to convince anybody McGregor would beat Mayweather for example.
    The guy's one of the biggest pieces of chit in the history of this section (in the top 2, imo).
    Alhumdullilah Brother Joe Biden

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lift Heavy Weights + High Volume + High Frequency
    Do Yoga
    See a Chiro
    Get massages
    Sprint/HIIT
    Run daily
    Eat meat and vegetables
    Take your daily vitamins
    Ice baths

Not hard lol
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Shiverin' since '92 Mr.PissShivers's Avatar
    Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.PissShivers has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Google Joel Jamieson and do what he tells you.
    DISNEYLAND CREW