Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    These.

I did this today and sprinkled them with cinnamon. 10/10 wood highly recommend!
    oh damn I need to try that out! I never thought to try it with fruit

I also forgot to mention bell peppers
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Zucchini
    Broccoli
    Sweet potatoes (pre-boiled)
    Sliced mushrooms
    Asparagus
    Butternut squash

They’re also great for fish but I hate cleaning it afterward

One thing to note is I never add oil, largely because again it will drip to the bottom and I hate cleaning up oil.
    What's the reasoning behind the sweet potato (pre-boiled)? For GI reasons?

I usually just rinse/scrub the sweet potato and pop it straight in the air fryer. I pull it out and wrap it in foil for 5 minutes. They always turn out extremely moist and perfectly cooked.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    What's the reasoning behind the sweet potato (pre-boiled)? For GI reasons?

I usually just rinse/scrub the sweet potato and pop it straight in the air fryer. I pull it out and wrap it in foil for 5 minutes. They always turn out extremely moist and perfectly cooked.
    Nope, GI means nothing to me here

Boiling first and letting them cool THEN air frying produces a chewy, satisfying texture and a perfect golden brown exterior with less risk of over-cooking... they retain more moisture and end up more plump / less shriveled.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    oh damn I need to try that out! I never thought to try it with fruit

I also forgot to mention bell peppers
    I wonder if plantains would work,

apple chips are amazing, thanks Strawng For trying trying it out!!
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, some of the foods which contain oxalates are also known to be some of the most health-PROMOTING foods...
    And that is exactly why I said I boil all the veggies I eat to minimize the oxalate content and would highly recommend everyone else to do so as well if concerned about oxalates

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by zatanoa View Post
    Oxalates effect you well beyond the kidneys

And that is exactly why I said I boil all the veggies I eat to minimize the oxalate content and would highly recommend everyone else to do so as well if concerned about oxalates
    Not sure if I'm following you. You first say that oxalates affect you well beyond the kidneys and then you link to a paper about osteoporosis.

Are you suggesting that not boiling your vegetables leads to osteoporosis?

Do you have direct evidence supporting this claim?

zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Not sure if I'm following you. You first say that oxalates affect you well beyond the kidneys and then you link to a paper about osteoporosis.

Are you suggesting that not boiling your vegetables leads to osteoporosis?

Do you have direct evidence supporting this claim?
    Lol no, not saying that

I am saying oxalates have few negative effects on you including the fact that they bind some calcium, as well as other minerals, and you essentially pee some calcium out instead of having it to helo your body, including with bone mineral density

Not saying they kill you nor saying you should avoid them

My point was, you don't want to necessarily go YOLO with foods high in oxalate

Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nope, GI means nothing to me here

Boiling first and letting them cool THEN air frying produces a chewy, satisfying texture and a perfect golden brown exterior with less risk of over-cooking... they retain more moisture and end up more plump / less shriveled.
    That does sound great, I'll give it a try!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lol no, not saying that

I am saying oxalates have few negative effects on you including the fact that they bind some calcium, as well as other minerals, and you essentially pee some calcium out instead of having it to helo your body, including with bone mineral density

Not saying they kill you nor saying you should avoid them

My point was, you don't want to necessarily go YOLO with foods high in oxalate
    Excessive oxalate consumption may lead to problems, I don't think anyone would disagree on that. Excessive water intake can also lead to problems.

Boiling all your vegetables to minimise oxalate intake suggests you're massively overestimating the strength of the evidence for the adverse effects.

It also suggests you're not aware of the evidence supporting health benefits of consuming raw vegetables.

That does sound great, I'll give it a try!
    I recommend slicing / chopping before boiling, then putting in the fridge until cold.

You can even freeze large batches of them after boiling/cooling and just pop them in the air fryer later!

Excessive oxalate consumption may lead to problems, I don't think anyone would disagree on that. Excessive water intake can also lead to problems.

Boiling all your vegetables to minimise oxalate intake suggests you're massively overestimating the strength of the evidence for the adverse effects.

It also suggests you're not aware of the evidence supporting health benefits of consuming raw vegetables.
    All I know that for me personally beetroots, frozen spinach and white potatoes, even when boiled, cause diahhrea, at least in the amounts I used to eat them

Obviously devil is in the dosage

https://youtu.be/QMAK_-gOwzI

All I know that for me personally beetroots, frozen spinach and white potatoes, even when boiled, cause diahhrea, at least in the amounts I used to eat them

Obviously devil is in the dosage

https://youtu.be/QMAK_-gOwzI
    oxalates cause diarrhea ? i wasn't aware of that

Why not just eat them in smaller amounts if the large amounts caused problems?
    Last edited by AdamWW; 10-30-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Right, to put it in his terms, I'm using evidence from bag 2 and 3 to support my claims.

Most of the fear around oxalates comes from bag 1.

oxalates cause diarrhea ? i wasn't aware of that

Why not just eat them in smaller amounts if the large amounts caused problems?
    Not necessarily due to oxalates but happens to me

I'll just completely avoid them, with food prepping, I like to keep things very simple and minimalistic and opt for other carb and veg sources if some cause me issues

Not necessarily due to oxalates but happens to me

I'll just completely avoid them, with food prepping, I like to keep things very simple and minimalistic and opt for other carb and veg sources if some cause me issues
    Are you a hypochondriac?

I'm just confused because at first it was you boil things because of oxalates... but then you said you don't eat those foods because they don't digest well..

It seems like there's not many foods you allow yourself to actually eat at all.

Are you a hypochondriac?

I'm just confused because at first it was you boil things because of oxalates... but then you said you don't eat those foods because they don't digest well..

It seems like there's not many foods you allow yourself to actually eat at all.
    I eat foods I do well with

My calorie intake is very high in my opinion and nutrient timing and food choices have to be spot on so I don't get issues, once issues happen, it's very hard to fix them and maintain my current calorie intake

Right, to put it in his terms, I'm using evidence from bag 2 and 3 to support my claims.

Most of the fear around oxalates comes from bag 1.
    Good channel, has plenty of other good videos as well and excellent for vegans as he is vegan himself

I eat foods I do well with

My calorie intake is very high in my opinion and nutrient timing and food choices have to be spot on so I don't get issues, once issues happen, it's very hard to fix them and maintain my current calorie intake
    Do you take any digestive aids, probiotics, fermented foods, etc?

It's pretty odd to get those issues with potatoes and spinach... I'd be curious if you have low stomach acidity.

Do you struggle with acid reflux at all?

Do you take any digestive aids, probiotics, fermented foods, etc?

It's pretty odd to get those issues with potatoes and spinach...
    Yes, supplements for digestion include probiotic, prebiotic, betaine hcl, l glutamine, psyllium husk and salt lol

Yes I have low stomach acid, hence why betaine hcl + pepsine product, helps so much it's nuts

Yes, supplements for digestion include probiotic, prebiotic, betaine hcl, l glutamine, psyllium husk and salt lol

Yes I have low stomach acid, hence why betaine hcl + pepsine product, helps so much it's nuts
    I figured that might be the case.

Sounds to me like you're not fully digesting food...

Such being the case, I really don't think the specifics you're talking about would be relevant to most people.

I too struggle with reflux a LOT, which is why I can't drink alcohol without bad effects, had to cut out normal coffee, can't have much oil, spice, etc...

I also basically die from the inside out if I eat raw garlic or onion. Same goes for large amounts of cheese, or almost any highly processed animal fats.

I actually just started taking a combination of enzyme + probiotic formula a couple times a day to see if it helps... but for me, the biggest change was cutting out caffeine and regular coffee (decaf now), avoiding fizzy drinks as much as I can, and avoiding too much spicy stuff... along with the garlic/onions.

I also have good experiences adding turmeric + black pepper to foods almost daily. Not sure why, but it seems to help my digestion a lot.

Also just choosing foods that have less bulk and more caloric density so that my stomach keeps them down without coming back up.

Such being the case, I really don't think the specifics you're talking about would be relevant to most people.

I too struggle with reflux a LOT, which is why I can't drink alcohol without bad effects, had to cut out normal coffee, can't have much oil, spice, etc...

I also basically die from the inside out if I eat raw garlic or onion. Same goes for large amounts of cheese, or almost any highly processed animal fats.

I actually just started taking a combination of enzyme + probiotic formula a couple times a day to see if it helps... but for me, the biggest change was cutting out caffeine and regular coffee (decaf now), avoiding fizzy drinks as much as I can, and avoiding too much spicy stuff... along with the garlic/onions.

I also have good experiences adding turmeric + black pepper to foods almost daily. Not sure why, but it seems to help my digestion a lot.

Also just choosing foods that have less bulk and more caloric density so that my stomach keeps them down without coming back up.
    Yes, just have to find out what works for you personally

After trying a ton of different approaches , I am currently eating close to 5k on training days and almost 4k on rest days and have zero bloat, little to no gas, no acud reflux etc and I am very grateful for that

Yes, just have to find out what works for you personally

After trying a ton of different approaches , I am currently eating close to 5k on training days and almost 4k on rest days and have zero bloat, little to no gas, no acud reflux etc and I am very grateful for that
    That's great. I've been able to isolate most of my problem foods, but I admit every now and then I have stuff that doesn't agree with me because it just tastes delicious

I recommend slicing / chopping before boiling, then putting in the fridge until cold.

You can even freeze large batches of them after boiling/cooling and just pop them in the air fryer later!
    Shoot, I should have read this before tonight. My typical method is to cut open the sweet potato and top it with greek yogurt and cinnamon.

I boiled it tonight for about 20-25 minutes and popped it straight into the air fryer for 20, to be honest I could not tell a difference from how I normally cook it. How are you preparing yours?

Shoot, I should have read this before tonight. My typical method is to cut open the sweet potato and top it with greek yogurt and cinnamon.

I boiled it tonight for about 20-25 minutes and popped it straight into the air fryer for 20, to be honest I could not tell a difference from how I normally cook it. How are you preparing yours?
    I chop them into ~1in cubes/slices, then boil until tender but not super soft. Then I let them cool until they’re cold in the fridge. Then, I air fry at about 350 for 12 minutes.

If air frying from frozen I do 15min

I've noticed this seems to be a reoccurring thing for us with an ED past. I too struggle with terrible acid reflux however coffee is the one thing I can stomach every morning just fine. Fatty meats (pulled pork especially - which was my favorite absolutely wrecks me), cheese, oily foods and garlic do the same.

I currently don't take any probiotics but eat plenty of greek yogurt and try to get a serving or two of fermented foods throughout the week. I also add turmeric + black pepper to dishes, however I'm certain it has helped at all. I am interested in hearing if the enzyme + probiotic has any impact for you, I'd be willing to give it a shot.