Thread: Split Routine

acting123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Split Routine

I’m doing a split routine. 3 days then one off. Then the split repeats. So I am working every muscle group 2x in 7 days. My diet is spot on clean with high protein. No dairy. And good carbs.

I am a traditional ectomorph at 5 feet 11inches and about 174 pounds. I now weight 180 eight weeks later. Is this a good gain??? I’ve been on this program now for 8 weeks and I am definitely noticing some gains.

My goal is to add muscle. I’ve reduced cardio because I did notice that when I was doing cardio more in the beginning, I wasn’t seeing as much gain and I went through a bout of insomnia(which sucked!!)

Anyone have some tips? I know this is probably kind of vague and full breakdown would take a long text! Some tips would be great. Thanks

Alex

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acting123 View Post
    I know this is probably kind of vague and full breakdown would take a long text! Some tips would be great.
    Some tips... intensity, progression, time. Full advice would take a long text!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why no dairy?

****totypes like "ecto" don't exist - the only real difference between people is their natural appetite levels. It tells you nothing about genetic potential or how particular people should train.

Tips: use a routine that has planned progressive overload. Too many people try to run their own routines - but if you are totally objective about that, why would you? You aren't smarter and more experienced than the experienced experts who created routines like Fierce 5 or All Pros.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would also venture that 6lbs in 8 weeks may be a little overdoing it. Ideally aim for 0.5lbs per week, anything over this will usually just be stored as fat

I would advise you that how much weight you have gained is an awful measure (and not really a measure at all) of your progress. I could gain 4lbs in a single week and it wouldn't mean anything in terms of progress. Measure progress based on your lifts, gaining weight is a side effect of gaining muscle and strength, not a direct cause and effect.
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day