doubletake11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubletake11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubletake11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubletake11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubletake11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubletake11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doubletake11 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Upper body vs lower body volume

Hey, I’ve noticed that my lower body can’t handle as much volume as my upper body can (comparing larger muscle groups, such as chest to quads). It honestly might just be general fatigue on my leg days since my squatting and deadlift variations require more stability, therefore require more energy (I think). I guess I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and therefore does less volume for their lower body compared to their upper body.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How often do you work your lower body compared to your upper body?

What exercises do and what set/rep/% do you follow for your lower body lifts?

It may be a work capacity issue or something else.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Completely normal.
    Bigger larger muscles usually don't tolerate crazy volume as well as small ones, especially close to failure volume.

I'm general, exceptions apply and individual tolerances vary.

But it's not unusual to need less hard sets for hams, glutes, quads. Than say lats, pecs, biceps

Then there's the level of general fatigue generated by back squats and deadlifts compared to bench.

I do 2-3 squat movements a week, 2 deads + light hams, 6 bench
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Squats and deadlifts in particular tend to be more fatiguing on the entire body overall.

A set of squats say 8-10 reps to actual failure would probably wipe me out for the entire workout as opposed to a bench to actual failure, it's normal.

Could also be you aren't pushing upper body lifts with the same sort of effort and are using different protocols but in general yes squats and deadlifts probably generate alot more fatigue.
    positivity brah crew
    powerlifting crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I didn't have the strength foundation and form base my leg workouts pretty much always went nowhere.

The stress from over stabilizing bad form on leg exercises and rows is freakin' exhaustive on a faintive level.