cameronhensley is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Beginner Starting with the Hard75 program

Hello,

Time for me to get serious. I'm choosing Hard75 because I'm an all-or-nothing type person; I have NO middle ground. I do very well with daily routines, but not well at all with "some here, some there". I have loaded up with vitamins, minerals, meal plans, supplements, etc. My goal is to drop 20lbs by mid-January 2021 (I have more than that to loose). My primary concern, of course, is over-training. Also, I have no fitness equipment, but intend to do this from home. Can someone point me in a good direction for calisthenics and body weight exercise program? Much appreciated.

For those unfamiliar with Hard75 principals, here are the key factors:

For 75 days straight, one must:
    1) Follow a diet. I am going with Flexitarian
    2) Two 45 min daily exercise, one of which must be outdoor. I will be doing an outdoor jog, but 75 days straight of home workout is going to be tough to get a good cycle going without over training. Any suggestions?
    3) No alcohol, no cheat meal. Damn!
    4) Take a picture daily - to track your progress
    5) Drink one gallon of water a day
    6) Read 10 pages of a book
    7) I'm adding this one - get to bed before midnight

In accordance with the program, if you miss one day, you must restart from day 1. The idea is that it all becomes routine. If I am successful, as a reward, I will be purchasing home gym equipment. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by cameronhensley; 10-28-2020 at 05:38 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's probably worth pointing out the fundamentals - fat loss is purely a function of consuming less calories than you burn. Everything else is peripheral. You can follow this routine if you want, I just think it's important to know what matters and what doesn't.

For example, you don't need to drink a gallon of water a day unless you live in a hot climate and sweat a lot when training. It will not give a fat loss advantage given the same calorie deficit.

The main thing you seem to be missing is counting calories - this will ensure that you meet your targets otherwise you are leaving it to chance.

Make sure your training includes some resistance training - "overtraining" is never going to be a problem BTW. Trying to do too much could affect your resolve but it's not going to prevent fat loss...

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All or nothing tends to lead to nothing. Hard75 sounds closer to the nothing side of the spectrum.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    FitnessFAQ and Tom Merrick have some youtube videos about chalistenics.

Then, I wish you good luck!
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Buy a scale and Weight yourself - adjust calories based on your rate of weight loss

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    8. Learn something new every day. Examples: how to sharpen a chain saw, how to sharpen a lawn mower blade, how change a flapper or flush valve in a toilet, how to change a heating element in a hot water tank, how to unstick a stuck garbage disposer, how to change a cartridge in a faucet, how to change the ballast in a fluorescent light. how to change a heating element in an electric dryer. I'm sort of biased towards rental property management.

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    FitnessFAQ and Tom Merrick have some youtube videos about chalistenics.

Then, I wish you good luck!
    Subscribed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    8. Learn something new every day. Examples: how to sharpen a chain saw, how to sharpen a lawn mower blade, how change a flapper or flush valve in a toilet, how to change a heating element in a hot water tank, how to unstick a stuck garbage disposer, how to change a cartridge in a faucet, how to change the ballast in a fluorescent light. how to change a heating element in an electric dryer. I'm sort of biased towards rental property management.
    Haha, love it. Great idea!

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The main thing you seem to be missing is counting calories - this will ensure that you meet your targets otherwise you are leaving it to chance.
    Good suggestion. Thanks.