Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AccountingMajor View Post
    I can afford to live here because of loopholes that this government put in place. Did you ignore I said I am one of those rare middle class in the state?

Edit: way to ignore all the problems I just mentioned.
    I said "likely" as in applying to the average person in your position. I wasn't speaking to any of the problems except what I quoted. Clearly there's a disparity between the quality of jobs available and the cost of living.

This happens from outside stimulus, ie investors buying properties and increasing rent en masse. Its generally accepted that people will spend over 50% on a place to live now. It should be no more than a third of your pay, otherwise you're not planning for retirement/health/etc.

It's another example of an industry cornering it's customers. In this case, regulation would immediately help if properly implement, but real estate investors DEFINITELY have your district reps in their pocket. That is common and accepted.

We NEED a housing crash.
    Boycott foodservice industry crew

5'3" 300lbs Fudge Rounds Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rectifryer View Post
    Then you think our country sucks at large and is just as hopeless as OPGenesis makes it out to be..
    I don't think that at all. I just recognize that a vast majority of production/work/doing things is done by a minority of people. Probably 80% id done by 20% of people. I think that part of the 1st world issues are that a lot of people are spoiled but they think they are oppressed and they think they are struggling but they don't know what it is to actually struggle.

I worked two jobs for two for two years, just to end up losing my house to foreclosure anyways. That hurt. I realized that if I didn't want that to happen again, I was going to have to improve which meant a lot of stepping it up, and spent a lot of time working extra hard for not any extra money, taking my own time and energy to learn more, doing the jobs that others didn't want to do until I could do them without struggling, doing what most won't for no immediate gain for several years. Now I'm doing alright. Poverty to Misc standards where everyone is a CEO10K/Day but I can support myself, but then I have people who say it just all came to me, like it was given to me in a box or something, and then they want a piece of the pie. It's like these college grads that cry about their student loans. How the hell do you spend 4 years full time studying getting an education and not be able to get a jog to easily pay for that is beyond me.

rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rectifryer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    I don't think that at all. I just recognize that a vast majority of production/work/doing things is done by a minority of people. Probably 80% id done by 20% of people. I think that part of the 1st world issues are that a lot of people are spoiled but they think they are oppressed and they think they are struggling but they don't know what it is to actually struggle.

I worked two jobs for two for two years, just to end up losing my house to foreclosure anyways. That hurt. I realized that if I didn't want that to happen again, I was going to have to improve which meant a lot of stepping it up, and spent a lot of time working extra hard for not any extra money, taking my own time and energy to learn more, doing the jobs that others didn't want to do until I could do them without struggling, doing what most won't for no immediate gain for several years. Now I'm doing alright. Poverty to Misc standards where everyone is a CEO10K/Day but I can support myself, but then I have people who say it just all came to me, like it was given to me in a box or something, and then they want a piece of the pie. It's like these college grads that cry about their student loans. How the hell do you spend 4 years full time studying getting an education and not be able to get a jog to easily pay for that is beyond me.
    80/20 rule is actually very optimistic when it applies to modern labor. Its more like the square root of the number of the people at the company are the most productive ones.

Which is why I like manufacturing jobs. They distribute individual effectiveness appropriately, yet that's what we've been pissing away.

Assembly lines MADE this country. We need jobs people can work efficiently and in a meaningful manner. Those jobs DO exist in large numbers. They're just not here.
    Boycott foodservice industry crew

Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jasonw1178 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rectifryer View Post
    80/20 rule is actually very optimistic when it applies to modern labor. Its more like the square root of the number of the people at the company are the most productive ones.

Which is why I like manufacturing jobs. They distribute individual effectiveness appropriately, yet that's what we've been pissing away.

Assembly lines MADE this country. We need jobs people can work efficiently and in a meaningful manner. Those jobs DO exist in large numbers. They're just not here.
    Those who create products and services create a value, everyone else is just either support or taking a cut along the way. The problem is that like you said you have less product being produced, but just as well you have too many people who are just trying to get a cut along the way. When I worked those two jobs, the second one was retail and it kind of was a bit mind blowing at how it seemed that so many people wanted to be the boss. Trying to take credit for things they didn't do, blame others on things that didn't go right, trying to get others to do their jobs for them.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by katya422 View Post
    Damn straight. And I'm not one, nor have I ever been.

Once you notice the bias in our major media it is kind of hard to miss it.

On the news this morning: "Rioting overnight in Philadelphia after police shot a black man". Nothing about the circumstances of the incident.

Then OTOH: "Man accosts local couple, robs wife, shoots and kills her husband." No mention of the race of the shooter.

Seems like if they are trying to be all politically correct/post-racial then no one should be identified by race. Heck, give all the people on TV purple skin- I'm sure we have the technology to do this now.

Or alternately give an accurate description in all cases, not just the ones that promote the narrative of victimhood and unfairness.
    It's an appeal to emotion - and it works. Year after year of that have convinced black people that there's an epidemic of bloodthirsty white supremacist cops using poor, innocent, helpless black children for target practice.

And of course white liberals who see themselves as the protectors of their precious minority "pets" use it as another excuse to pat themselves on the back, which only furthers the divide.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AccountingMajor View Post
    That's a liberal problem. As you've see democrats want to give illegals free healthcare (tax payer paid). In CA, illegals get into low income apartments. They used to get section 8 (they probably still do due to loop holes) but Ben Carson kicked them out. They also qualify for food stamps through more loopholes.

This ain't middle class and you know it.

Lol @ $15 thinking is a liveable wage. They are only building luxury apartments in this state. Do you know how much those go for?

$3000 per month. Not even enough to cover rent.
    By your logic, it's cheaper just to go to prison.

Do you know what this failure of a governor is doing? To address housing for the middle class, he is building to house the chronically homeless. This doesn't benefit anyone but homeless bums. Let alone the middle class.

What is your solution to fix CA? More regulation to help the poor? This only eats away at the middle class even further. Taxing me isn't going to help me. I bet you're in favor of prop 15 here to raise property taxes to market rate too. That is just going to make everything more expensive.
    I don't know that much about CA in specific.

I was addressing the federal minimum wage and federal benefits.

I'm in TX where the minimum wage is $7.25 and even here $15 an hour isn't great. With a gross income of $2600 a month most apartment complexes won't consider you qualified to pay more than about $860 a month in rent which likely means an older complex and/or a less desirable location.

A lot of people have earnings under $31,200- 39% from this link.

https://fourpillarfreedom.com/visual...united-states/
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

Hispanic (no gay Latinx) AccountingMajor's Avatar
    AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AccountingMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I'm in TX where the minimum wage is $7.25 and even here $15 an hour isn't great. With a gross income of $2600 a month most apartment complexes won't consider you qualified to pay more than about $860 a month in rent which likely means an older complex and/or a less desirable location.

Dang, I'm on the very right of that chart and things are still too damn expensive.

You have no idea how good TX sounds, or how fortunate you are to live there. CA is controlled by blue laws and everything is cripplingly expensive. And liberals keep voting for things to make it even more expensive.

If I didn't live where I live, I would be on food stamps, and I make a lot more than minimum wage. Since I live in CA, we aren't allowed to have a CCW in my area. I live in the barrio (I blend in since I'm dark af) and even I ain't leaving my home at night.

Increasing taxes on me will not help me. Why not seriously just visit a liberal state to see how expensive things are here over here? Or see the job opportunities.

I've seen job opportunities and housing in Texas and Oklahoma. Both have better job opportunities that San Diego and both are way cheaper too.

In a couple years I will have enough (to feel comfortable) to put a down payment on a house. If I were to move out of state to one of these places, I could buy a house in cash.

Legit jobs are bad here in the liberal paradise. These are becoming more and more common every year:

10 years exp

Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ausaric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh cmon we all study Communism in College when we’re 18. Seems great when you’re young and dumb. Buncha young college-age dumbass fuktards out there. SAD!

They usually want to see that you have 3x the rent in income. Another aspect is credit. If you have bad credit, they may say no or they might want more of a security deposit, or see more income. If they couldn't get people to rent with these qualifications they wouldn't be able to do this. It's only going to get worse as less people are buying and even to the fact that they just aren't building small houses anymore. Every neighborhood I see going up are these mini-mansions. Then this renter's revolt crap didn't help with some politicians using it to score votes by making it so that they could regulate when and how a landlord can evict. Rental markets are like the housing market where a lot is supply and demand. There will be more demand and less supply as time goes on. Raising the min wage you are talking about even more people competing for this property and that's going to go up.