axelscar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Nutritional guidance required: muscles and strength getting weaker and bloating issue

Hi

I am a 32 year old office going man (9 to 12 hours routine, 5 days a week).

I used to workout, say 5-6 years ago and even had the strength and stamina to learn a bit of MMA then. But now, no matter what I do, I just don't have the strength to even stay awake long enough after office hours. Even my legs and back are usually hurting. Muscles don't have enough strength or stamina to lift weights that I could even lift in my early 20s.. So overall, the condition isn't good!

Now what I'm trying to say is that I'm looking for a fix to at least develop enough strength to last the office day and still have enough fight to go work out. I don't even eat more than necessary, yet I have a tummy bloating issue!

What can I take or add to my intake? Especially a quick fix for breakfast? Point to note that where I'm from, the options for intake might be limited and available to my budget. So I'd prefer something basic, and something that I can work with through a busy and fast-paced work routine.

Thank you for the guidance, in advance!

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Um what are you currently eating? Fat and protein Amounts in grams? Total calories?
    What’s your work out
    What’s your height and weight
    How is your sleep
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go to gym before work then if you don't have the energy to go afterwards. I'm 33 with a swing shift 12 hour shift job and I find its easier to go to work before then after.

Like Snails said, need more info for you. There's no hacks or short cuts usually. Make sure you're eating healthier (staying away from the usual fast food quick office grabs or microwave dinners) and you may need to start counting calories instead of what you normally eat.

Get an APP like Lose It or MyFitnessPal and start counting your calories. Set up goals and go from there.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

Hi, thanks for your response. I'll comment on your questioned quoted below
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Um what are you currently eating?
    Breakfast around 8am of boiled egg or two, along with peanut butter on a whole grain bread toast, with a glass of milk.
    Lunch around 130pm, random, sometimes rice sometimes chicken with gravy.
    A cup of tea to follow and then dinner whenever I return home at night.
    ... And still my tummy seems to be expanding!

Fat and protein Amounts in grams? Total calories?
    Calories are quite definitely below my requirement, but haven't quite measured them. I don't really have a structured routine.

What’s your work out
    None for now. As I mentioned, I just can't gather enough strength anymore.

What’s your height and weight
    5ft 9inch, 74kg

How is your sleep
    I'd say 6 hours daily. I sleep around 1-2am and wake up at 8am. And no matter how early I try to sleep, my mornings have me waking up with the same lack of strength and fatigue.

That's quite inspiring, thank you for sharing.

Further to my above response, as I briefly mentioned there, I have a hard time gathering strength even in the mornings. I tried a number of times to even get off from work early, go to sleep at 10pm to wakeup at, say, 6am, but I just can't gather the strength. And even when I go and somehow drag myself to the gym, I can barely move a muscle.

I perhaps need a better diet but I've tried a few, whatever the nutritionist would recommend, but things don't seem to improve. My bones, muscles, fatigue, they all seem to worsen.

Lastly, for these apps, I'm not sure how useful they are to record Pakistani meals. Although for a rough idea, I do realise I'm not exceeding my calorie requirement, not everyday at least (factoring in the non workout routine).

Originally Posted by Zschnack87 View Post
    Go to gym before work then if you don't have the energy to go afterwards. I'm 33 with a swing shift 12 hour shift job and I find its easier to go to work before then after.

Like Snails said, need more info for you. There's no hacks or short cuts usually. Make sure you're eating healthier (staying away from the usual fast food quick office grabs or microwave dinners) and you may need to start counting calories instead of what you normally eat.

Get an APP like Lose It or MyFitnessPal and start counting your calories. Set up goals and go from there.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd probably check in with a doctor before much else. It doesn't exactly sound normal to get bloating without a good reason behind it. There could be a condition of some kind you aren't aware of that's hindering you, so i'd get looked over first and make sure everything's everything.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    I'd probably check in with a doctor before much else. It doesn't exactly sound normal to get bloating without a good reason behind it. There could be a condition of some kind you aren't aware of that's hindering you, so i'd get looked over first and make sure everything's everything.
    I never really get any concrete response there. Everyone suggests something else to eat, which ends up making no difference

kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kgriffith720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by axelscar View Post
    I never really get any concrete response there. Everyone suggests something else to eat, which ends up making no difference
    He said check in with a doctor not a nutritionist. AKA get a physical and see if there are underlying issues causing your lack of energy. Also I'd say it's possible you are simply undereating and don't have the necessary carbs and calories to make it through the day. I'd look into what your TDEE is and start counting the calories of the things you eat to see if you are meeting it.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you as forthcoming with background information as you are here? You're looking for nutritional advice yet you haven't said word one about your diet, despite being asked twice.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    If your bloodwork is coming back fine get tested for sleep apnea even if you don't snore.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd say 6 hours daily. I sleep around 1-2am and wake up at 8am. And no matter how early I try to sleep, my mornings have me waking up with the same lack of strength and fatigue.
    Go to bed earlier. 6 hours average isn't enough.

I don't even eat more than necessary, yet I have a tummy bloating issue!
    Find out what foods makes you bloated and what foods don't. You do that by trial and error.

Lastly, for these apps, I'm not sure how useful they are to record Pakistani meals. Although for a rough idea, I do realise I'm not exceeding my calorie requirement
    Maybe you should. Lack of energy is often caused by undereating.

How much fiber and protein are you eating per day?
    Last edited by Mrpb; 10-31-2020 at 11:59 PM.