EpiCabbage is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why do I deadlift more with horrible form?

I've just recently learned to deadlift, and find that when I have an arched back, I can deadlift more than when I correct my posture. I'm just curious if this is normal, or if its caused by my lack of experience using proper form.

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, it's normal - your lower back will round under heavier loads. Unless you're powerlifting or have some experience, I suggest sticking to "correct" posture for your back's sake. As you progress, you can figure out what works best for you and if you can do it in a safe manner.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's normal for back to round when doing a max effort deadlift. It's not a good idea to let it happen too often though. You'll lift more - up until the point where you injure yourself... better to stay injury free and take your time to work up your strength. This is from bitter experience.

sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sooby has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Likely this is the sort of form you are used to

If you are a beginner, many beginners lack the ability to fully engage their glutes/hamstrings in the movement and push through with the hips
    positivity brah crew
    powerlifting crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It's normal for back to round when doing a max effort deadlift. It's not a good idea to let it happen too often though. You'll lift more - up until the point where you injure yourself... better to stay injury free and take your time to work up your strength. This is from bitter experience.
    X2, being in agonizing pain trying to sit down and chit for several weeks while also not being able to train is not a good time. Alan Thrall has an excellent deadlift tutorial on YouTube if you are interested in locking down technique.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535