FrostyFox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Cyclist Training recovery questions

This is probably a dumb question but I need to ask it.

I’m a cyclist and amateur racer. I was doing a training race this past weekend and really over reached. I over reached to the point of a massive migraine and tons of nausea, that took about a day and a half to recover from. And completely covered in salt upon completion.

I was highly hydrated and was a good girl using my nun hydration tablets. However this was a fasted ride. For the record I did burn 2,400 calories during this 1hr45min effort.

Most of my morning rides are fasted and afternoon/ evening rides are obviously not. This usually happens on much longer rides. But I would prefer it not to happen at all, or severely lessened.

Is there anything I can do that I am not doing to prevent this extreme state of what I presume to be exhaustion?

If anyone has some advice I would really appreciate it.

I do not drink milk for health reasons.

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You message is very unclear of what actually happened, but you said "This usually happens on much longer rides" which I would presume as becoming exhausted to the point of migraine and nausea? Is that correct? And it only happens on longer, fasted rides?

If the above is correct, cycling is not a sport you can push yourself for long distances and time without eating on the bike. Those hydration / sugar packets won't cut it. If you're pushing hard enough and long enough that you're getting migraines and nausea, you need to take actual food on the rides with you and eat them. Foods that are easy to store in your jersey pockets and easy to eat while riding.
    New England Patriot
    MISC Dynasty League Champion 2018