Dcnotte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

When to stop cutting and start eating clean?

So i've been cutting calories for the past 4 months, i've dropped from 190 to 155 (I'm 5'8). I've been maintaining a pretty strict caloric deficit to get to this point but my question is mostly about how long I should keep this up before putting increasing my calorie intake and putting on mass/muscle. I still notice some fat in my mid section, should i keep the deficit up until all of my stomach fat is gone?

I have a nutrition plan and certain macros that I want to hit when i'm finished cutting calories, but I don't want to start doing that if it makes more sense to maintain the deficit until most of the fat I still have is gone.

Thanks in advance!

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    depends if you want to prioritize fat loss or muscle gain

theoretically you could cut another 10-15 lbs, but you might end up looking too small. personally i'd still cut until i'm "happily lean" before starting a bulk

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Drop the term 'eating clean' from your vocabulary. It is a meaningless fitness/wellness scam to force people to be even more obsessive about what they eat

Eat a decent amount of protein and enough fat
    Get your micronutrients/fibre
    Beyond that try to eat generally nutritious food but do not obsess about this

That is my only advice, there is no need to go on some kind of clean purge either to be healthy or to reach your goals. Eat tasty foods, eat treats just use your common sense.

Regarding your question it depends how much muscle mass you currently carry. If it is very little I think it is time to prioritize increasing it. You can cut down however far you want but you will only end up 'scrawny', not lean if you don't have the mass to support it

If you have a decent amount of mass then cut down to abs
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day