pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

14 month progress and critiques

For additional context, I'm 21 years old, 5'8", started at 163 lbs, and am now at 144 lbs (I'm at 153 lbs in my first attached picture, which is two months old now).

Personally, I think my weak points are legs, chest, and biceps. Legs are a weak point because I didn't have much equipment at home to train them during lockdown and because I used to not care about training legs until I realized I really liked how big legs flare out which drove me to work harder when training them. Not so sure why my chest and biceps are lagging -- I figure I am just tricep and back-dominant in compound movements, as these parts do not seem to be lagging. I'm trying to address the lagging parts by including additional isolation exercises for each and using drop sets, cheat reps, partials, etc. But I've only been doing this for about a month and a half so it's hard to tell if I'm on the right track.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think about my progress, your estimate of my body fat %, what my weak points are, and how you would address them
    Attached Images

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is some monster progress right there dude, well done! You're around 13-14% bodyfat right now. Definitely on the right track, keep on doing what you've been doing because its working for you.

Are you following a regimented program? If not you would probably be well served with a ULPPL like the Fierce 5 intermediate. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1267226191

Or I also really like Coolcicadas PPL. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9807833&page=1
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Outlier1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pete2fiddy View Post
    For additional context, I'm 21 years old, 5'8", started at 163 lbs, and am now at 144 lbs (I'm at 153 lbs in my first attached picture, which is two months old now).

Personally, I think my weak points are legs, chest, and biceps. Legs are a weak point because I didn't have much equipment at home to train them during lockdown and because I used to not care about training legs until I realized I really liked how big legs flare out which drove me to work harder when training them. Not so sure why my chest and biceps are lagging -- I figure I am just tricep and back-dominant in compound movements, as these parts do not seem to be lagging. I'm trying to address the lagging parts by including additional isolation exercises for each and using drop sets, cheat reps, partials, etc. But I've only been doing this for about a month and a half so it's hard to tell if I'm on the right track.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think about my progress, your estimate of my body fat %, what my weak points are, and how you would address them
    Bro! Awesome tranformation in the first pic!!! I am in no position to give advice, but to seek.
    Were you doing weights and cardio or just weights? Please fill me in with the Cardio part, brother!

I apprecite your answer.

pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Outlier1991 View Post
    Bro! Awesome tranformation in the first pic!!! I am in no position to give advice, but to seek.
    Were you doing weights and cardio or just weights? Please fill me in with the Cardio part, brother!

I apprecite your answer.
    Thank you! I mostly just lifted weights. I've lost the majority of my weight doing very little cardio. That said, over the summer I was very active helping my sister with handing out flyers for her food drive, and before COVID hit I was walking around between classes quite a bit. Cardio can be a useful tool though, I just never personally had much trouble sticking to a simple calorie restriction through dieting (I ate a lot of Greg Doucette-style foods that are ridiculously filling for very few calories) so it was never necessary for me to throw cardio on top of it. I did start to get sick of what I was eating by the end of the diet, though.
    Last edited by pete2fiddy; 10-30-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    That is some monster progress right there dude, well done! You're around 13-14% bodyfat right now. Definitely on the right track, keep on doing what you've been doing because its working for you.

Are you following a regimented program? If not you would probably be well served with a ULPPL like the Fierce 5 intermediate.

Or I also really like Coolcicadas PPL.
    Thank you! I'm following a PPL program I created, but it's pretty vanilla, and I take rest days according to when I'm swamped with schoolwork. Lately my program varies quite a bit because my university gym requires us to reserve 50 minute time slots, so I perform more movements that are quick to set up (such as machine/dumbbell exercises), and I may change up the ordering/what exercises I do dependent upon what machines/weights are free (the university gym is pretty small). I take very short rest intervals on every isolation exercise, and incorporate cheat reps, partials, and drop sets on almost every set of isolation exercises to make the best use of my time possible. As a result, I'm able to fit in a ton of volume in 50 minutes, and I find it a ton of fun.