ahudson91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just completed my 2nd trip to the gym

Hey everyone, I am new to this and I am looking forward to getting in shape and having the body I have always wanted.

Working out is something I have always wanted to do, but always put off due to embarrassment of my thin body size. I didnt want to be the skinny guy in the gym. But, putting it off hasn't helped me at all.

I have a long ways to go, but I just finished my 2nd day at the gym and its a great feeling. I am taking pictures along the way to keep up with my progress. I have uploaded a picture of where my body is now, I refuse to be embarrassed, I see it as motivation to keep working.

pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) pete2fiddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ahudson91 View Post
    Hey everyone, I am new to this and I am looking forward to getting in shape and having the body I have always wanted.

Working out is something I have always wanted to do, but always put off due to embarrassment of my thin body size. I didnt want to be the skinny guy in the gym. But, putting it off hasn't helped me at all.

I have a long ways to go, but I just finished my 2nd day at the gym and its a great feeling. I am taking pictures along the way to keep up with my progress. I have uploaded a picture of where my body is now, I refuse to be embarrassed, I see it as motivation to keep working.
    Don't worry about being "the skinny guy in the gym." I doubt anyone will judge you, and if anyone does, his/her opinion isn't worth listening to. I got over this feeling of not belonging at the gym after about 2 weeks or so. Try to find the fun behind working your ass off at the gym once you've been going for over a month or so (going too hard when you're just starting will make you so sore it will impact your future workouts immensely). My university gym requires us to sign up for 50-minute time slots, and I'm actually having a ton of fun busting out intensity techniques like drop sets, partial reps, cheat reps, and low rest times to make the most of my limited time there, and it's made training incredibly enjoyable. If you enjoy training, you'll have no problem sticking to it.

Good luck!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have seen literally every single body type in my gym. You know what I see the least of? Big, ripped dudes. Sure there's a few, but the majority of the people in the gym are just like you, either they're undeveloped and trying to build muscle or they're overweight and trying to lose fat.

Just do your thing man.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Outlier1991 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ahudson91 View Post

Hey man! Don't worry, pete2fiddy and xsquid99 have given excellent advice. In my opinion, diet will play an important role. I remember gaining lot of weight by eating lot of eggs and bananas. it was crazy back in 2011. I used to eat like 2 bananas and 4 eggs post workout! I think I was able to keep it up for 3 weeks, I saw good progress. Work hard and eat well, thats what my trainer used to say!

Goodluck man! You'll do great!