MisterSri is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can one lose weight inspite of taking medication for mental health?

Hello everyone,

I thought a lot about whether I was going to post in this forum or not. Finally I decided to do it and reach out for help after seeing the story of some legends on this forum, so here is my story so far:

2012 I was diagnosed with a psychosis after a suicide attempt. It took a long time for me to accept that I had this illness and several times I dropped the medication thinking I was going to be allright. Not only did I gain weight from medication but each time I dropped the medication and had a relapse I gained another 5 kg. In total I have gained about 30kg in 8 years. Before I was not superslim, I always struggled with my weight, but now I am 102kg and 176cm tall. I feel really ashamed about my weight and my looks. I tried losing weight doing HIIT workouts with dumbbells. Last year I was able to drop 5kg in a couple of months doing weight lifting and fasting, but after that I stopped exercising and gained it all back. One week ago I decided to give it another go and started doing HIIT dumbbell workouts again.

But I just wonder whether it is possible at all to lose weight with his medication? Do you know any people who have done it before?
    Please I desperately need help.

thank you everyone
    MisterSri
    Last edited by MisterSri; 10-25-2020 at 03:49 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It sounds like the medication makes you want to eat more calories than you need. So the problem is not losing weight but keeping it off. You'll need to continue to count calories so you don't regain.

ADC53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It is hard on anti-psychotic medication but if you eat healthy and do plenty of cardio then it is possible.

BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I spit depakote and rhispidol out of my mouth as soon as the doctor prescribes it for my bipolar disorder.. then i break cars until i get tired instead of eating.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It sounds like the medication makes you want to eat more calories than you need. So the problem is not losing weight but keeping it off. You'll need to continue to count calories so you don't regain.
    Thanks. I am starting to track and control now how many calories I am consuming.

Originally Posted by ADC53 View Post
    It is hard on anti-psychotic medication but if you eat healthy and do plenty of cardio then it is possible.
    Do you know anybody who was able to do it?