Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Deadlift, Bench, Front Squat form check

I recorded myself doing 3 of my 4 main movements. I just started doing front squats. The weight is heavy for me as I'm following a 5 rep strength program.

Can you guys please critique my form? I've noticed from the video that my upper back wasn't strong enough for the last front squat reps; apart from that I'm unsure of any improvements that I can find so let me know if you find any please!

Thanks

Link to video:

youtube.com/watch?v=6QD7J5YXVDA

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Bar looks a bit far from body on the DL. Side video would help for FS.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DL looks really good, except that the bar drifts away from your body. Looks like your knees shoot back quickly and you stiff-leg DL the weight up.

Bench, do you prefer the flat back style? A "powerlifting arch" might be worth a try. Also be careful about that re-rack, looks like you barely missed the J-hooks.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuthead007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    DL looks really good, except that the bar drifts away from your body. Looks like your knees shoot back quickly and you stiff-leg DL the weight up.

Bench, do you prefer the flat back style? A "powerlifting arch" might be worth a try. Also be careful about that re-rack, looks like you barely missed the J-hooks.
    Thanks. Yes I used to hit my knees all the time especially on the way down and this is why I don't run the bar against my body anymore.

Is there a strength benefit to the powerlifting arch? If not I prefer the flat back style. I don't intend to compete in powerlifting. Will do cheers

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nuthead007 View Post
    Is there a strength benefit to the powerlifting arch? If not I prefer the flat back style. I don't intend to compete in powerlifting. Will do cheers
    An arch lets you leg drive better, which keeps stability and gives some more pressing power. The harder you can drive your upper back into the bench with your legs, the more force you're transferring up into the bar. An arch also shortens the range of motion a bit, which is an indirect strength benefit.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    An arch lets you leg drive better, which keeps stability and gives some more pressing power. The harder you can drive your upper back into the bench with your legs, the more force you're transferring up into the bar. An arch also shortens the range of motion a bit, which is an indirect strength benefit.
    ^^ it also places the emphasis on the chest and away from the front delts, which aren't in a great position to press from when laying down.

I'd recommend trying to retract and depress shoulders more on bench, and getting knees below hips to tighten up the hips and legs and make the whole movement more stable.

Deads look good, could maybe play with foot position to get some more quad pop off the floor.
    Front's I can't see from that angle, looks fine, light even.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    General observation. Consider shortening your pre-positioning routine. You're spending extra time under load and leaking energy that could be directed into the movement.

I'm not proficient enough in DL to critique, but observationally you have a fairly horizontal starting back position. My reading suggest this depends on body dimensions so I'd defer to someone else. If Gordin is correct about the bar drifting, I would guess raising your chest sooner would be the solution. Pulling the bar close to you has also been described a mental queue to keep the lats engaged. Regarding knocking your knees on the way down, RDLs might be a good way to practice not doing that.

I don't like your Bench press equipment, the curved hooks seem to force you to pull the bar farther horizontally from the rack. At heavier weights this could increase risk to the shoulder. Prefer a BP with a straight drop so you only have to pull the bar off 1-2 inches.

The powerlifting arch is safer on your shoulders, helps exposes the pectorals to more load, and it shifts the stability work to more & larger muscles better able to handle volume overlap in programming. Generally you'll be safer and get stronger faster with the arch technique, but you'd need to research about the full technique and how to properly engage all the muscles, otherwise the arch isn't as helpful.

The flat back technique is mostly only useful for very specific types of body building splits where you want to minimize muscle overlap in order to maintain the 6 day lifting schedule. These plans would also not prioritize strength.