DDDD1016 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Losing muscle gain during Smolov Jr

Recently I have hit my plateau in bench press, so I decided to hop back into smolov jr to increase my bench. This is my last week of the cycle, and I am pretty sure that my strength has increase, but I feel like my arms are shrinking in size. I am aware that Smolov Jr is suppose to be a powerlifting program, but I am not sure if losing muscle gain is something that will happen due to the fact that there is only bench press and minimum accessory works in this program.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You are probably just glycogen depleted from the unusually high workload. Try eating more - and more carbs in particular.

Yes, you will get stronger and it will mostly be because of motor pathway training - but I would expect some muscle gain too. Sometimes this lags - because you have to recover from overreaching.

DDDD1016 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You are probably just glycogen depleted from the unusually high workload. Try eating more - and more carbs in particular.

Yes, you will get stronger and it will mostly be because of motor pathway training - but I would expect some muscle gain too. Sometimes this lags - because you have to recover from overreaching.
    Yeah, this routine is a lot more volume than what I usually do, u're probably right. I'll stop overthink it and see how it goes after I got back to my normal routine. Thanks man!