TallandLanky01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Body like Spider-Man but Goal is Thor: Help!

What's up fellow gym goers. Im fairly new to this forum and I am looking for some genuine constructive criticism. I am 6'4 and roughly 185lbs. I have been working out for about 10 months. I started out as a total stick (see first pic for reference).

My workout program has been Push, Pull, Legs, Push, Pull, Legs for about 2 months now after getting serious with it. For those past 2 months I have also been eating roughly 4100 calories a day. As you can see my body fat is a bit up as a result. Any rough guesstimates on it out of curiosity?

Basically, I want to get bigger. Much bigger. But I am having a hard time seeing growth in certain areas like my arms, chest, and shoulders. I was hoping you all could give sme some serious criticism on my weak points, what I could improve, and what you know is the best exercise for them. Thanks!

P.S. I included pics for reference on my current physique.
    Attached Images

Couple More Pics

Originally Posted by TallandLanky01 View Post
    What's up fellow gym goers. Im fairly new to this forum and I am looking for some genuine constructive criticism. I am 6'4 and roughly 185lbs. I have been working out for about 10 months. I started out as a total stick (see first pic for reference).

My workout program has been Push, Pull, Legs, Push, Pull, Legs for about 2 months now after getting serious with it. For those past 2 months I have also been eating roughly 4100 calories a day. As you can see my body fat is a bit up as a result. Any rough guesstimates on it out of curiosity?

Basically, I want to get bigger. Much bigger. But I am having a hard time seeing growth in certain areas like my arms, chest, and shoulders. I was hoping you all could give sme some serious criticism on my weak points, what I could improve, and what you know is the best exercise for them. Thanks!

Here is a couple more pics
    Attached Images

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can see the progress in your 10 months. But 10 months is relatively a short time. You might want to consider a different program like one of the Fierce 5 or its variants. You can hit each body part 3x a week with some of its variants. Will it make a difference? I don't know. You'll have to experiment. The sticky for the Fierce 5 is up there ^^^.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong username

Your back is your best feature

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    That's what I thought. Was going to suggest that whatever he's been doing for his back he should do for his other body parts, but maybe with a little less volume since the back is fairly large.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TallandLanky01 View Post

Seems that you are making good progress so continue on what you are doing! Expect that your gains will be slower at this point going forward now that you have been working out for almost a year. As long as you are still making progress you can stick with your current routine but otherwise you may consider hopping on another program. As long as you keep lifting consistently you will continue to make progress over time, but you have to accept that gains will be slower and more sporadic from now on.

I don't think it is a good idea to compare yourself to Chris Hemsworth as Thor (which you seem to do based on the thread title). He either has exceptional genetics and/or was helped by drugs (and I think the latter is extremely likely considering how he suddenly loses size and puts it back on between different Thor movies). If you believe his trainer he just "looks at weights and grows". If you had those genetics you would know by now. Comparing yourself to that kind of ideal is just setting yourself up for failure.

If you want to compare yourselves to others as a means of motivating yourself, maybe someone like Joel McHale would be a good (and realistic) goal as a first step. He is about the same height as you and seems similarly built, but has more lean mass (particularly more chest mass).

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Strong username

Thanks man!

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I can see the progress in your 10 months. But 10 months is relatively a short time. You might want to consider a different program like one of the Fierce 5 or its variants. You can hit each body part 3x a week with some of its variants. Will it make a difference? I don't know. You'll have to experiment. The sticky for the Fierce 5 is up there ^^^.
    Sounds good, thanks for the advice!