WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)

May be in the market for a commercial grade lat tower. Is French Fitness any good?

I've been shopping around for a commercial grade lat pulldown /w mid-row. I think I've narrowed it down between the Body Solid SLM300G:

https://www.fitnesssuperstore.com/Bo...dslm300g-2.htm

or the offering from French Fitness:

https://www.fitnesssuperstore.com/Fr.../ffs-lpdlr.htm

The thing I like better about the French Fitness version is the feet supports it has for the mid-row. It uses whole foot plates. The Body Solid just uses a round bar. My current lat machine uses that for the low-row, and I find it to be uncomfortable on my feet.

However, I've found at least one detailed review for the Body Solid and that article said the SLM300G is like anything you'd find at any commercial gym. Basically it's a true commercial grade piece of equipment. Pretty much what I wanted to hear because my current lat machine is definitely not what I would call commercial grade. I'd be highly disappointed if I shelled out that kind of money for something that's supposed to be commercial grade but ended up not being much of an upgrade.

I couldn't find anything on the French Fitness unit. In fact, I couldn't find much of anything on French Fitness in general.

Which one to get? I see both of them being kind of a gamble, but the Body Solid seems to be less of a gamble than the French Fitness.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're set on buying new, I think the SLM300G is the best bang for your buck. That footplate is just bolted on, so you can easily replace it with a better one.

croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) croninmilford has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you for this information.

HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How does the body solid SLM300G compare to the Titan Fitness lat tower?
    Home gym set up:

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by HeavyIron8 View Post
    How does the body solid SLM300G compare to the Titan Fitness lat tower?

I have had the Titan Fitness tower for about 2 months now. I think it is a good buy for the money. It is loaded by plates vs having an adjustable stack, which is part of the difference in price.

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wilkinkc View Post
    I have had the Titan Fitness tower for about 2 months now. I think it is a good buy for the money. It is loaded by plates vs having an adjustable stack, which is part of the difference in price.
    Just for the record, Titan also makes a 300lbs weight stack version of their tower.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    If you're set on buying new, I think the SLM300G is the best bang for your buck. That footplate is just bolted on, so you can easily replace it with a better one.
    I might just go with the SLM300G. Seems to be the least risky of my two choices. I just wish I can demo each piece before buying, though.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could obtain an aftermarket foot plate for it? My initial Googling didn't yield too many promising results.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For a LONG time I had the SLM300G on my short list for future pulldown's, until I used a similar designed commercial piece at the gym and HATED the mid-row. Something about that foot positioning is off IMHO, feels like you waste energy keeping your back straight which takes away from the movement. Best bang for the buck these days seems to be the Titan Lat Tower w/300lb stack, price wise I don't think you can even come close (especially with a 5-10% off coupon). Think alot of people regret not jumping on that deal when it was less that $900 shipped, it's went up quite a bit recently and is still a great deal.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WWE-TicK View Post
    I might just go with the SLM300G. Seems to be the least risky of my two choices. I just wish I can demo each piece before buying, though.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could obtain an aftermarket foot plate for it? My initial Googling didn't yield too many promising results.
    I made one for my combo machine, but you could also just have a piece of diamond plate cut if you wanted to keep it simple. The OEM one is just held on by a few bolts.

HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeavyIron8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wilkinkc View Post
    They have a 300 pound stack version that costs 1200 currently, which is about half the price of the body solid lat tower, so I'm curious if there is any major quality differences.
    Home gym set up:

By the way, is the "Fitness superstore" OP linked a known reliable source of workout equipment?
    Home gym set up:

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    By the way, is the "Fitness superstore" OP linked a known reliable source of workout equipment?
    Fitness-Superstore are well known here in the UK, they're the importer's and distributors for Body Solid, not sure they're directly affiliated to FS in the US, but the websites look the same.

Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They have a 300 pound stack version that costs 1200 currently, which is about half the price of the body solid lat tower, so I'm curious if there is any major quality differences.
    I have the Titan with 300lb. stack. I bought mine used for $800 at that price it’s worth it. At 1299 maybe not. It does have its flaws. The main one being that on most of the them the cable from the top of the stack doesn’t not completely go straight up and down. So the cable could rub at the top of the shroud.

Mine has this issue, so I had to dremel out some bolt hole to make some adjustments to get the cable off the shroud. Once I did that the machine works great and I’m happy with it. Super smooth and it’s 10x the machine my old xmark plate loaded was. I also like that it’s 87” tall so I can get a full stretch. Most home gym models are only 83”.

Originally Posted by Mxchino View Post
    I have the Titan with 300lb. stack. I bought mine used for $800 at that price it’s worth it. At 1299 maybe not. It does have its flaws. The main one being that on most of the them the cable from the top of the stack doesn’t not completely go straight up and down. So the cable could rub at the top of the shroud.

Mine has this issue, so I had to dremel out some bolt hole to make some adjustments to get the cable off the shroud. Once I did that the machine works great and I’m happy with it. Super smooth and it’s 10x the machine my old xmark plate loaded was. I also like that it’s 87” tall so I can get a full stretch. Most home gym models are only 83”.
    I see the body solid lat tower is 83", is this going to be an issue with getting a full stretch?
    Home gym set up:

Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I see the body solid lat tower is 83", is this going to be an issue with getting a full stretch?
    Depends on you. I’m 6’1” and the xmark which is 83” was a little short for me.