JJ504 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Anyone a transplant patient just getting into lifting?

Im almost 5 mths out from my kidney transplant and I’ve been losing weight on diet alone since July. So far I’ve lost almost 35 lbs and I have another 20 to lose to get within normal weight range for my body type. I just started back at the gym and I’m wanting to get into women’s bodybuilding. It’s my ultimate goal! It’s kind of my way of saying screw you to kidney disease lol.My question is are the other supplements (besides protein shakes which I’m cleared to take) required to achieve a certain physique? Specifically creatine? My dr was very uncertain about the affects of some of the supplements on kidney function.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JJ504 View Post
    Im almost 5 mths out from my kidney transplant and I’ve been losing weight on diet alone since July. So far I’ve lost almost 35 lbs and I have another 20 to lose to get within normal weight range for my body type. I just started back at the gym and I’m wanting to get into women’s bodybuilding. It’s my ultimate goal! It’s kind of my way of saying screw you to kidney disease lol.My question is are the other supplements (besides protein shakes which I’m cleared to take) required to achieve a certain physique? Specifically creatine? My dr was very uncertain about the affects of some of the supplements on kidney function.
    You have a fairly serious medical concern. If your doctor can't answer the question...

... Talk to another doctor.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    You have a fairly serious medical concern. If your doctor can't answer the question...

... Talk to another doctor.
    This. Or you could just forego the supplements. In the grand scheme of things they really aren't necessary to start, or even be successful with your bodybuilding journey. A healthy, primarily whole-food based diet consisting of recommended amounts of protein and dietary fats coupled with a well developed lifting program is all you really need.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snailsrus has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    All I know is to watch your phosphorus levels. They can get too high with kidneys not filtering properly and a lot of protein sources are packed with phosphorus. I also would not take creatine because one of the tests to measure kidney function is if there is creatine in your piss.
    Read this:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijn/2012/597605/

Potassium can also get to high in the blood with kidney disease so you might have to watch your intake with that too and many protein shakes are packed with it

Before taking anything get with your nephrologist and ask these questions. Along with regular labs.
    Insta is username snails.r.us