newbie1013 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbie1013 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbie1013 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbie1013 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newbie1013 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Noob workout routine

So I’m new to working out and I’m looking for a little advice.

I’m 27 and have tried to work out and stuff before but never really lasted longer than a week or so.

I’ve been going to the gym for around two months and loving the noob gains and gained around 1.5 stone in the last six weeks but I feel like My routine is not very productive.

I’m doing a four day upper/lower split which is working great for me and really enjoying the gains I’m having trouble gaining body fat to go with it.

I’m eating around 3500-4000 calories but the long workouts make me think I’m using to much calories as I’m at about 4% body fat and unable to get it any higher.

My question is would a upper/lower split alternating with a bro split help with this as I can get more done in less time.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't bother starting duplicate threads. The answers you get will be the same.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

chillz88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by newbie1013 View Post
    So I’m new to working out and I’m looking for a little advice.

I’m 27 and have tried to work out and stuff before but never really lasted longer than a week or so.

I’ve been going to the gym for around two months and loving the noob gains and gained around 1.5 stone in the last six weeks but I feel like My routine is not very productive.

I’m doing a four day upper/lower split which is working great for me and really enjoying the gains I’m having trouble gaining body fat to go with it.

I’m eating around 3500-4000 calories but the long workouts make me think I’m using to much calories as I’m at about 4% body fat and unable to get it any higher.

My question is would a upper/lower split alternating with a bro split help with this as I can get more done in less time.
    Read the wiki. Good routines there. Start simple, increase intensity. Get your weights up and progress. Also read wiki about nutrition depending on your goals. If you doubts then, plenty of people here willing to help you out if give the effort. Btw you are not 4%.Goodluck.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by newbie1013 View Post
    Probably not. You'd be better off doing a 3 day full body routine like the Fierce 5 Full Body in the stickies. You'll hit everything 3x a week which is more than a 4 day UL or a bro split.