ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)

Custom fabricators besides black widow?

Does anyone know of a custom fabricator for equipment gear that is likely to respond to requests? I currently have my SquatmaxMD on the back of my RML-490 and it's basically fine but when I bench my head rests on the Squatmax. I don't want a full 6 post rack because it would take up too much space, instead I was thinking the perfect solution would be a real short crossmember that could attach to my rack and then a couple short uprights for the Squatmax to attach to. This would give me enough room where I could bench like normal with minimal footprint added.

The other option I was thinking about was just getting an adjustable monolift. The increased forward bar placement should be enough for my head to rest on the bench. Any other thoughts?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    The other option I was thinking about was just getting an adjustable monolift.
    +1 for Mono's, can't live without them now.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    +1 for Mono's, can't live without them now.
    I'm thinking that's the easiest solution. Do you know how well they would work with a specialty bar that is thicker? I do a lot of pressing with my AB T-Grip bar and assumer it would work find in a monolift but I have never seen one in person so I have basically no experience with them.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure to be honest, I don't currently own a specialty bar. REP Power bar only for me

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For monos I have my eye on Edge Fitness. They might do custom work too, though I don't think so.

https://edgefitnesssystems.com/products/monolift

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How much space is too much? The Rogue ML extension adds 27" to the rack, but the Titan X2 extension only adds 14". I attached the X2 extension feet to a block of 1/2" Oak (Home Depot, Lowe's) and the holes lined up with the RML-490 perfectly.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    How much space is too much? The Rogue ML extension adds 27" to the rack, but the Titan X2 extension only adds 14". I attached the X2 extension feet to a block of 1/2" Oak (Home Depot, Lowe's) and the holes lined up with the RML-490 perfectly.
    The X3 10" extension might be the easiest, I was hoping for something less than a foot since I am not going to use it for anything except to hold my belt squat on. I am still thinking the monolift might be my best option since it won't increase the footprint at all. People talking about hitting theirs while benching and whatnot could be an issue but it seems like Urban sure is happy with his.

Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    People talking about hitting theirs while benching and whatnot could be an issue but it seems like Urban sure is happy with his.
    Anyone who hit's their mono's while benching has a bar path issue or they are not setting up properly. I've clipped my mono's (Mech's and Titan's) about as many times as I've clipped my j-hooks, can't blame the equipment. Aside from maybe one Youtuber I haven't seen many people against using a monolift attachment, they are fantastic once you get used to them.

FWIW, I measured the range of motion on the Titan swing arm when I first got them and it's roughly 3.75" of clearance (bolt removed). That's about a perfect lift off for bench and when setting up for squatting I press back against the free swinging bar which probably increases my room for error by another 2-3 inches.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 10-23-2020 at 04:49 AM.

Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steelfan7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    For monos I have my eye on Edge Fitness. They might do custom work too, though I don't think so.

https://edgefitnesssystems.com/products/monolift
    The only downside to Edge Fitness monos are they are not easily adjustable like other manufacturers.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a fat bar that I made out of a piece of pipe. I don't use it that often, but it will fit into my mono while bench pressing. That takes a little getting used to because there is not as much wiggle room as a regular bar, but it's not really problematic.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TunaGill is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anyone who hit's their mono's while benching has a bar path issue or they are not setting up properly. I've clipped my mono's (Mech's and Titan's) about as many times as I've clipped my j-hooks, can't blame the equipment. Aside from maybe one Youtuber I haven't seen many people against using a monolift attachment, they are fantastic once you get used to them.
    I have 2 sets of Mech's monos (one on inside for squats, one on outside for bench), and I don't know how I ever lifted without them.

Don't remember having ever clipped them, but I guess it's possible I did and didn't notice.

Originally Posted by TunaGill View Post
    I have 2 sets of Mech's monos (one on inside for squats, one on outside for bench), and I don't know how I ever lifted without them.

Don't remember having ever clipped them, but I guess it's possible I did and didn't notice.
    Seemed like Mech's had a better range of motion on the arm, but I never actually measured it while I had them. I've hit the Titan a few times due to not setting up properly while benching but that was 100% my fault. Thought I might be able to go without mono's when I bought the Legend but that lasted about 15 minutes, there really is no going back once you get used to the bar swinging freely.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Seemed like Mech's had a better range of motion on the arm, but I never actually measured it while I had them. I've hit the Titan a few times due to not setting up properly while benching but that was 100% my fault. Thought I might be able to go without mono's when I bought the Legend but that lasted about 15 minutes, there really is no going back once you get used to the bar swinging freely.
    I have my Mechs plus I have some Titan T3 ones that I put a smaller stop bolt on. The Mech ones have ball park 6.5" of travel with the stop bolt in the hole closest to the front of the monolift. My Titans have about 4.5" of travel with the smaller bolt. With the stock stop bolt the Titans were probably around 3.5". Never measured Rogue's but have used them, and would say they're less than Mech's but definitely more than my stock Titan's.

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    SOA Welding based out of Rochester, NY does a lot of work as well.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IronAbrams View Post
    SOA Welding based out of Rochester, NY does a lot of work as well.
    Maybe he's gotten better at handling things and seemed like a nice enough kid, but at the time I asked for a quote on a piece from SOA Welding and got a price that looked reasonable enough, then quite a few messages later discussing the potential build he apologizes and says for that piece it was this much more with a newly revised quote which was a big difference and determining factor when comparing the piece with other price quotes I got and the reliability of getting back and following up afterwards was bad and made me hesitant, so I ended up going with Strength Equipment Inc. at that time instead (around two years ago).

Seems like he makes quality stuff and I know a non-regular that was briefly on the forum (Vinny) really dug the belt squat/lat pulldown he built him a while back. Again though maybe he's gotten better with time at handling things properly.

Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Maybe he's gotten better at handling things and seemed like a nice enough kid, but at the time I asked for a quote on a piece from SOA Welding and got a price that looked reasonable enough, then quite a few messages later discussing the potential build he apologizes and says for that piece it was this much more with a newly revised quote which was a big difference and determining factor when comparing the piece with other price quotes I got and the reliability of getting back and following up afterwards was bad and made me hesitant, so I ended up going with Strength Equipment Inc. at that time instead (around two years ago).

Seems like he makes quality stuff and I know a non-regular that was briefly on the forum (Vinny) really dug the belt squat/lat pulldown he built him a while back. Again though maybe he's gotten better with time at handling things properly.
    There were a couple of large bumps in the price of steel 'round then then that may help explain some of the price jump.
    Fabricators in general for some reason seem to be tough to communicate with tho.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Recidivst View Post
    There were a couple of large bumps in the price of steel 'round then then that may help explain some of the price jump.
    Fabricators in general for some reason seem to be tough to communicate with tho.
    I remember the price jumps in steel, in fact the same thing happened with the Strength Equipment piece which was more up front about it and what to expect out the door, but with SOA Welding (at the time) to lead someone on with a price the whole conversation just to change it last minute as they're making the decision and then not bother to get back in potentially still possibly going through and continuing with the order turned me in the other direction which was fine considering I like the seated leverage row I got from Steve at Strength Equipment and maybe SOA Welding has caught up better with things now a days (Zach's pieces certainly looked decent and I liked some of tri-colored powdercoat pieces he's done in the past on the site).