RutgerV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Time to get healthy (and STAY healthy

Hi my name is Rutger im 22 y/o and live in the Netherlands.

Where should i start. not only in making this thread but also with losing weight. I tried it so many many times but everytime i lose a bit of weight it comes back. And even more then I originaly had. At the moment i weigh 115KG and my Height is 167cm. My BMI is SKYHIGH and i want to change. Change for good,

If anyone went through the same process or has any tips or tricks im up for it..

-Rutger

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    167 cm and 115 kg means you're eating a ton of crap, it's nearly impossible to eat healthy and filling foods while maintaining that weight, so: fix your diet (no junk food or sugary drinks), start doing some light exercise like walking, bicycling or swimming, control your portions (eat one plate of food instead of three)

you should also count calories but it requires a bit more effort, and right now you can get away with not counting them at all imo

RutgerV2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    167 cm and 115 kg means you're eating a ton of crap, it's nearly impossible to eat healthy and filling foods while maintaining that weight, so: fix your diet (no junk food or sugary drinks), start doing some light exercise like walking, bicycling or swimming, control your portions (eat one plate of food instead of three)
    a ton of crap it is. and im certanly not trying to maintaine this weight. Any other workout and food tips?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RutgerV2 View Post
    a ton of crap it is. and im certanly not trying to maintaine this weight. Any other workout and food tips?
    well just eat foods that fill you up (chicken, fish, rice, potatoes, veggies), that way you won't feel hungry all the time

if you want an actual workout program, fierce 5 is good if you have access to a gym. if you want to do simple home workouts, you can find a lot of them online

if you want to count calories, try eating 2500-2700 for two weeks and see if your weight goes down

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Diets are temporary. You need to make permanent lifestyle changes.

You need to re-learn how and what to eat, what proper portion sizes are and to become more active.

Buy a food scale and learn to weigh/log literally everything that goes into your mouth. find out what your daily maintenance calories are and start eating at a 500-700 calorie/day deficit of that figure.

Start weight resistance training. Even if you have no desire to be "muscular" because unless you stress whatever lean mass you do have on your frame your body will erode it as well as the fat over a prolonged deficit meaning you become smaller, weaker and "flabbier" appearing. Find other ways to be more active each day in addition to the weight training. Walk more, ride a bike, Etc.

All of these things (with the exception of the calorie deficit) need to be looked at as new habits to follow daily for the rest of your life even after you have lost the fat. Failing that, you will just put it all back on again.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Diets are temporary. You need to make permanent lifestyle changes.

You need to re-learn how and what to eat, what proper portion sizes are and to become more active.

Buy a food scale and learn to weigh/log literally everything that goes into your mouth. find out what your daily maintenance calories are and start eating at a 500-700 calorie/day deficit of that figure.

Start weight resistance training. Even if you have no desire to be "muscular" because unless you stress whatever lean mass you do have on your frame your body will erode it as well as the fat over a prolonged deficit meaning you become smaller, weaker and "flabbier" appearing. Find other ways to be more active each day in addition to the weight training. Walk more, ride a bike, Etc.

All of these things (with the exception of the calorie deficit) need to be looked at as new habits to follow daily for the rest of your life even after you have lost the fat. Failing that, you will just put it all back on again.
    I agree with all this.

One other thing I like to recommend to people is really trying to become in tuned with what actual 'hunger' feels like for you vs just a fleeting craving or desire to have something flavorful in your mouth.

These days food is so available, most people override their real hunger signals because the items available to us don't really REQUIRE true hunger to enjoy... so 'getting to know' your hunger is a good idea.

Tracking calories and bodyweight can actually help with this, as you'll start to build an understanding of what 'maintenance' eating feels like, what a deficit feels like, what slightly over-eating feels like, etc.

Very valuable tool to have.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vansnxtweek489 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, number one thing is to get control over it now at 22 instead of like me, at 32. What you said is exactly true, the wave up and down of the weight and trying to lose it will get you at a higher weight every single time. I'm just getting going myself so there is no way I can speak over these guys. They all have given you sound advice that is exactly true and what to do.

If I have anything to give from my personal experience...

I find it was easier for me to start doing some working out first then a week or so later start with my diet. By working out first it got me feeling that intense sweat and gross feeling that further pushed into my mind how gross I'd let my body get and the fact that I needed to eat "clean" and eat lighter. When you're burping the entire time you're doing cardio, it hits your brain a certain way, haha.

Once I worked out for a week or so it more so motivated me to eat a bit better.

Just my experience. Good luck.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The reason people put the weight back on after dieting down is they figure "Job done!". The job is never done and you can't go back to your old eating habits. Generally the calories you finished up your diet with wil be very close to the calories you'll continue to take in permanently to maintain your new, lower weight. It's a complete dietary change that needs to be adhered to. Being even just somewhat faithful to the new calorie intake won't work as all that does is put the weight back on slower and less noticeable allowing the scale to creep up in smaller increments.

If you can't adhere to the diet then use the 5 pound rule.
    Anytime the scale goes up 5 lbs you go back to your low calories until it's back to where it was. By doing so you're able to live a little and not let things get out of hand.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB