Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Have anyone here overcome tendonosis?

Hi! I just got diagnosed with tendonosis in my right and left triceps (ultrasound), which sucks, since the normal recovery time for this is around 6 months. So i've been in contact with a physiotherapist and also read up on the different treatment options for this condition, and it seems that heavy slow resistance training (HSRT) have shown the best results in a couple of studies and it's also what my PT prescribed me; 3x8 unilateral pushdown 2 times a week with a 10RM weight (3 s con- and eccentric). So i'm curious, have anyone else here had success with this method? Or did you overcome it in some other way? If so, how and how long did it take before you could train as normal again?

ReboundReps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes I've only recently recovered from triceps tendonosis myself... and that's partly down to the HSR exercises that you mentioned.

The two best ways of dealing with it are by either doing only the eccentric part of the lift (and then using your good arm to do the concentric part) and with slow tempo / HSR exercises.

I did a combo of the two, a few weeks of eccentrics followed then by the HSR training.

I'm glad you've mentioned HSR on here as it never seems to get a mention. There is all sorts of garbage out on the Internet saying you need to treat tendonitis/osis with stretching, cortisone shots and icing... but the real answer are the two techniques mentioned above and hardly anyone seems to realise it.

Good luck with your recovery!

Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rawsteel88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ReboundReps View Post
    Yes I've only recently recovered from triceps tendonosis myself... and that's partly down to the HSR exercises that you mentioned.

The two best ways of dealing with it are by either doing only the eccentric part of the lift (and then using your good arm to do the concentric part) and with slow tempo / HSR exercises.

I did a combo of the two, a few weeks of eccentrics followed then by the HSR training.

I'm glad you've mentioned HSR on here as it never seems to get a mention. There is all sorts of garbage out on the Internet saying you need to treat tendonitis/osis with stretching, cortisone shots and icing... but the real answer are the two techniques mentioned above and hardly anyone seems to realise it.

Good luck with your recovery!
    Glad to hear that you recovered! May i ask how long it took you? What was your symtoms? Mine is mainly pain when i fully extend my arm, barely any when i do the HSRT.

Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Rawsteel88 View Post
    Hi! I just got diagnosed with tendonosis in my right and left triceps (ultrasound), which sucks, since the normal recovery time for this is around 6 months. So i've been in contact with a physiotherapist and also read up on the different treatment options for this condition, and it seems that heavy slow resistance training (HSRT) have shown the best results in a couple of studies and it's also what my PT prescribed me; 3x8 unilateral pushdown 2 times a week with a 10RM weight (3 s con- and eccentric). So i'm curious, have anyone else here had success with this method? Or did you overcome it in some other way? If so, how and how long did it take before you could train as normal again?
    The secret with tendinotis is to keep training. Lower the load but keep training. You need to keep regular blood flow to speed up the recovery process.
    You also need to strech. You can also use electrostimulation.

You also need to find why you get a tendinotis in the first place. Maybe you have to much blood urea etc.

Good luck