Neovictor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

EZ bar curl for row?

I'm fairly new to fitness and today I just tried the bendover row with a barbell. I used an underhand grip for more Lat activation but my wrist started hurting--a sharp pain my hands. I watched some videos and saw that the EZ bar is nicer with your wrists and you still get the same results as with a barbell. How true is this?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I am sceptical about the claims of getting more lat activation using such a grip... whether your elbows are flared or close to your side does influence which part of the lat is used according to this:

https://mennohenselmans.com/muscle-s...nd-lower-body/

... but the point is you can't avoid using the lat.

So I always do both wide grip and neutral grip pullups for example.

But for rows, I always do overhand grip - and if this is more comfortable, you should too. Forcing an unnatural movement will only lead to problems.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Underhand barbell rows are weird. Even Dorian Yates dropped them in favor of a pronated grip after he tore a bicep.

Underhand rows on a chest supported machine or supported Tbar row machine are pretty GOAT though.

Matter of fact, I don’t really recommend almost any kind of barbell rows anymore, the strength curve sucks, holding the hinge pattern is a task in of itself and everyone makes it look like some kind of bent arm shrug instead of row.

... but the point is you can't avoid using the lat.
    Also that ^

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The EZ curl can be good IMO.
    It's all in the feel you get where your trying to target.
    I also use the V part for overhand an grip it just feels good for me.
    I have a rackable OLY EZ curl bar so it's longer than the standard.
    I see no reason why couldn't use a regular EZ curl as long as your feeling them.

Neovictor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you so much for the advice, I actually changed the barbell row to the supported tbar row. It works like a charm