ShadowJeep is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Finding motivation/energy at the gym (no problem getting there)

So I don't have any problem going to the gym (average 4 times a week), but sometimes find that once I'm there I have very little energy or motivation to lift hard and really push myself and feel like I've made hardly any progress (I'm naturally very skinny but been lifting consistently now for over a year). Other times I feel great, have no issues going hard, and feel like I've gotten significantly bigger looking in the mirror.

I know some of this is natural and everyone has "off" days, but want to get the most out of every trip to the gym as possible.
    I haven't been able to correlate anything as to when I'll feel one way versus the other, so my question is does this happen to you guys and if so how do you "turn it on" when feeling down at the gym?

My diet is very consistent and healthy. I don't eat sugar, and only drink alcohol only on weekends in moderate amounts. I also typically get 8 hours of sleep.
    I do drink a pre-workout roughly 30-45 mins before lifting every time.

Any ideas or things to try?
    Thanks guys!

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you have the toughest part down already, especially during a pandemic- getting to a good gym most days of the week. There are dedicated people out there who still can't do their normal regimens (due to mask regulations, health care concerns or gyms going bankrupt). So I would say you're in a very good position right now; take full advantage of your gym but don't think too much or expect too much, performance-wise, if you have to wear a mask. Just keep congratulating yourself for finding the discipline to stick to training during an unbelievably difficult time in history. That should be enough to keep you going, knowing you're doing the right thing for yourself.

When you're at the gym just stay focused on what you want to accomplish. It's mainly mental. Keep your mind on the task at hand (every set). Stay in the present and just let your body do the work. If you listen to it, it will tell you what you can safely do on any given day. Good luck and wishing you continued success!
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ADC53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to develop positive self-talk and repeat affirmations that motivate you, it is all a battle in the mind to stay disciplined and you can achieve your dreams if you work hard enough. Think of the massive rewards of accomplishing your dream physique or strength levels you desire.

hely26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Find a partner who also goes to the gym. Or meet someone who is already working out in your gym. Start hanging out with him, ask this person to help and push you. Then it will be much more interesting and easier for you to train. You may also find a friend in this person.
    I tested it on myself, it was also difficult for me to force myself to do the exercises well. But now I go to the gym with my friend and we help each other.
    If you are not a very sociable person and do not want to make friends with anyone, you can just hire a coach