Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    If anyone is interested in a nearly new 5lb -120lb IM Dumbell set with stand send me a PM. No lottery needed.
    That really is an awesome offer, a few things that stopped me...

1. It would be probably around an 8 hour road trip there and back on a good day.

2. I own the 5-75lb set with stand already (only need the up to 120lb kit) which would be both selfish towards other potential hopeful buyers of irongrandpa's complete set as well as irongrandpa (because he would want to sell his whole set, rightfully and understandably so).

With that said best of luck to whoever nabs that offer, Ironmaster's rock!

Speaking of Ironmaster, I got my Super Bench Pro and ab crunch/decline attachment delivered yesterday (just waiting on the Hybrid pad next and potentially the leg curl/extension attachment once that's back in stock)...technically this is an early gift to be opened on Christmas, but I'll probably take a sneak peak to make sure the pads and rollers are in good shape lol.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Here's a vid I shot. I will in the nearish future be starting a youtube channel but I'm not there yet and haven't spent any money on equipment or time learning how to edit, but I think this came out ok. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfypf9tj5a...20363.mp4?dl=0

If there are further questions let me know.
    i have the same bench as you I think lol
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well it's official...I like the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro a real lot and I'm glad I installed the Hybrid pad the flat/incline way because it feels super comfortable incline DB benching with the 12" side, the cool thing about this bench as well is that at a low incline angle (10, or 20°) I find that I don't even need the seat pad to press on it (kinda similar to that old Bodymasters utility flat bench that inclined and you wouldn't slide off of).

I like the decline/situp attachment (which can also be used sort of like an inversion table in a way) and the leg curl/leg extension is an upgrade from the Powertec one in my opinion, not perfect, but the quality is there and it works well enough for this type of attachment. If my two lifting stations were in the same area I wouldn't hesitate to tag the IM Super Bench Pro in the rack from time to time rotating with the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 bench for additional angles and movements...however, it's perfect for the DBs, cables, leverage movements and bodyweight movements that can be done on it.

All in all this bench is the Buster Douglas of benches, you think it's gonna be the underdog of benches not being about to score a victory over the commercial ones on the market and in some ways it knocks out it's biggest opponent/competition that it has to compete with (true gapless adjustable, multiple angles, multiple add-ons, features, etc).

In other updates, I signed up for this month's lottery in hopes of getting the 120 lb add on kit and/or possibly the heavy handle kit...but we'll see how that goes.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Well it's official...I like the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro a real lot and I'm glad I installed the Hybrid pad the flat/incline way because it feels super comfortable incline DB benching with the 12" side, the cool thing about this bench as well is that at a low incline angle (10, or 20°) I find that I don't even need the seat pad to press on it (kinda similar to that old Bodymasters utility flat bench that inclined and you wouldn't slide off of).

I like the decline/situp attachment (which can also be used sort of like an inversion table in a way) and the leg curl/leg extension is an upgrade from the Powertec one in my opinion, not perfect, but the quality is there and it works well enough for this type of attachment. If my two lifting stations were in the same area I wouldn't hesitate to tag the IM Super Bench Pro in the rack from time to time rotating with the Rogue Adjustable 2.0 bench for additional angles and movements...however, it's perfect for the DBs, cables, leverage movements and bodyweight movements that can be done on it.

All in all this bench is the Buster Douglas of benches, you think it's gonna be the underdog of benches not being about to score a victory over the commercial ones on the market and in some ways it knocks out it's biggest opponent/competition that it has to compete with (true gapless adjustable, multiple angles, multiple add-ons, features, etc).

In other updates, I signed up for this month's lottery in hopes of getting the 120 lb add on kit and/or possibly the heavy handle kit...but we'll see how that goes.
    Yeah I signed up for the 75 Kit but found a brand new(ish) 75 Kit locally (well, 2 hours each way) a week back for $800 so I just went for it. I have no regrets. I love the Ironmasters. It is one of the best things I've ever bought.

I am hoping if I did get selected, I could ask to swap it to the heavy handle kit.

I've thought about getting an IM bench to replace my Nautilus Commercial FW090 next time I move because the Nautilus is massive for a bench at almost 140lbs and it is not easy for one person to move without disassembling it due to its overall length, one of the longest benches I've ever seen, also there is no easy way to reach over the center of it and pick it up by the frame because the pads stick out a good bit. The center of mass is awkward on it due to its curved frame shape. The wheels on it are also tiny and do not work well except on flat hard surfaces. I love the pads on it and the angles it presents but it is a nuisance if I have to move it. Meanwhile, the IM bench is tiny by comparison but also offers the incline which I need. I can't bench flat anymore.
    Last edited by ampire; 12-31-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    Yeah I signed up for the 75 Kit but found a brand new(ish) 75 Kit locally (well, 2 hours each way) a week back for $800 so I just went for it. I have no regrets. I love the Ironmasters. It is one of the best things I've ever bought.

I am hoping if I did get selected, I could ask to swap it to the heavy handle kit.

I've thought about getting an IM bench to replace my Nautilus Commercial FW090 next time I move because the Nautilus is massive for a bench at almost 140lbs and it is not easy for one person to move without disassembling it due to its overall length, one of the longest benches I've ever seen, also there is no easy way to reach over the center of it and pick it up by the frame because the pads stick out a good bit. The center of mass is awkward on it due to its curved frame shape. The wheels on it are also tiny and do not work well except on flat hard surfaces. I love the pads on it and the angles it presents but it is a nuisance if I have to move it. Meanwhile, the IM bench is tiny by comparison but also offers the incline which I need. I can't bench flat anymore.
    The IM bench is really easy to pick up, move around and store away vertical. If you decide to get one the Hybrid pad (12" side) paired with the 20° incline feels perfect to bench from. I actually think I like the IM bench better than dare I say...my Legend 3103 bench.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The IM bench is really easy to pick up, move around and store away vertical. If you decide to get one the Hybrid pad (12" side) paired with the 20° incline feels perfect to bench from. I actually think I like the IM bench better than dare I say...my Legend 3103 bench.
    Functionality wise the IM is a better all-around bench, no hate for Legend because the 3103 is a high quality bench. Like you mentioned I rarely ever use my seat either, the first 1-2 incline levels feel fine without it and if anything it just encourages leg drive. The only complaints I could see with the bench is the lack of handle, not having a third seat height for taller people (upright position), and it not feeling 'commercial' like REP or the CAP+ bench. But I couldn't imagine anyone having a legitimate complaint about the IM Pro, it's about as perfect as it's going to get.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

AGREED! The Super Bench Pro (with upgraded pad) was probably my best purchase in 2020. For a smaller home gym, it really has it all. Perfect weight, size, functionality, add-ons are reasonably priced and actually work excellent.. I really have no complaints with this thing, and I tend to be a picky customer.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds good man, especially on storing vertical.

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have this with the 120lb add on, totally worth it. Not just the added weight, but it makes them easier to handle, better center of gravity.

The site's not letting me quote reply right now, but responding to Urban's post above...

It would be cool to see a handle welded on the feet that attach on as an upgrade (placed similar to the way Rogue has them on their Adjustable 2.0 bench) and also laser cut numbers etched above the degree of angles would've been a nice touch as well as what you mentioned about the 3rd seat pad adjustment to appeal to taller lifters (minor things and other than the few small improvements it is a perfectly engineered bench in the home gym category).

Originally Posted by jdboyd78 View Post
    I have this with the 120lb add on, totally worth it. Not just the added weight, but it makes them easier to handle, better center of gravity.
    Definitely wanting more weight on these things soon, I'm a small guy, I'm using 70s for reps on incline bench, not much more to grow on this 75 kit. I'd rather have the heavy handle to get me to 90 (still have the quick-lock, more compact in length, and better balance) than the 120 add on but I'd take either if given the opportunity. Most I did on flat bench was 105s for a single 10 years ago but doubt I'll get that strong again, though I guess its possible, and of course I don't do flat bench anymore and incline poundage is something like 90% of flat bench.

As an aside, I have four 1.25lb Cap plates I was using as microplates on my 1" handles, I am finding they work pretty well as microplates on the IM handles, though they are too thick to go beyond 75 because the screws will not lock, but they do work well for stuff like rotator cuff. Certainly they were cheaper than the IM brand microplate, I think I only paid $1 each prepandemic.
    Attached Images

I got a quick update, while I'm completely satisfied with the majority of my recent IM additions, I overlooked a portion on the leg curl/leg extension attachment until just now...it appears the screw in plastic stopper for the bottom portion is welded crooked and the bolt is exposed on one side. Safe to say it's a "Booger Weld" that should be addressed? (the lighting kinda sucks right now, but should be visible enough to see it)...

http://imgur.com/a/w0sOsl0

Edit: I messaged IM about my concern with pictures of the weld (I've been using the piece, but when you spend your hard earned money on something you want to make sure it's in good shape obviously) according to Matt the weld is made that way (despite its looks) to match and angle the stopper properly in use, that's good enough of an explanation for me.

Every IM piece I've owned so far has been solid and hoping the IM lottery is on my side once it starts up again.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 01-06-2021 at 09:07 PM.

They came back in stock on the Ironmaster website, so I ordered an Ironmaster Super Bench Pro and a Decline attachment.

They came back in stock on the Ironmaster website, so I ordered an Ironmaster Super Bench Pro and a Decline attachment.
    Congrats man, pound for pound one of the best ergonomic benches on the residential market.

Just a side note, the decline attachment vinyl covers are back in stock...unfortunately I can't get 'em just yet, but figured I'd let anyone who wanted them to add to their attachment know in the meantime.

Just a side note, the decline attachment vinyl covers are back in stock...unfortunately I can't get 'em just yet, but figured I'd let anyone who wanted them to add to their attachment know in the meantime.
    Thanks for the info, I just ordered that too, didn't see that accessory tab before.

Thanks for the info, I just ordered that too, didn't see that accessory tab before.
    I seen that they were still available as of today, so I went ahead and got 'em as well...now just the 120 lb add on kit and heavy handle kit if all goes smooth one day on those and I should be good (I'm more than maxing out the 75s for reps on inclines and those add-ons would be a welcomed addition).
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 01-15-2021 at 12:41 PM.

I seen that they were still available as of today, so I went ahead and got 'em as well...now just the 120 lb add on kit and heavy handle kit if all goes smooth one day on those and I should be good (I'm more than maxing out the 75s for reps on inclines and those add-ons would be a welcomed addition).
    I bought their 1.25 plate kit along with the rest, that came today. Pretty nice plates, like anything they make now they are a machined plate and as a result very exact in finish. Hopefully I will receive the bench and decline attachment on Friday and then I'll get my old bench up for sale on Craigslist. I think I'll just keep an eye out for the heavy handle kit, I don't need more than 90 lbs, but 90 would be nice plus I wouldn't mind a more compact dumbbell. You are a bit stronger than I am, the 75 is about my 1RM on incline these days and I am reluctant to push further due to thoracic spinal cord neurological issues I have now, every time I do I regret it.
    Last edited by ampire; 01-19-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Received the Super Bench Pro and the Decline Leg Attachment. I am really impressed with this piece. It feels pretty solid and stable and the decline is really nice to allow the bench to be used as an inversion table or as a decline ab bench. The material is grippy and the padding is quite firm. Adjustments are rapid, the footprint is fairly small for a bench, and the bench is easy to pick up and carry. The wheels operate very smoothly. The bench was easy to assemble and it was shipped quite well.

Some of the slight negatives are the bench pad is fairly narrow, however I don't do flat bench so I don't think this matters much. I also think that the upholstery could be a bit more durable feeling, I am used to the very rugged vinyl of my old Nautilus. Some of the chrome on the decline ab could have been applied better, however this is not something I care about. My understanding is this is not industrial hard chrome, it is likely decorative chrome. Lastly, the bottom seat fits a bit loose so you can rock your bottom a bit if you are sitting on it, not a big issue. Lastly, it would be nice if there was a grab handle under the seat end so the bench could be easily picked up and wheeled around without having to handle the pads.

Overall I would give this bench a 9 out of 10, it is a great piece and worth the money. The remaining 1 point is due to the negatives above. I really like this bench!

I should also note that the total weight of all the cardboard packaging was 13 lbs in itself, so it was very well packed for shipping.

Received the Super Bench Pro and the Decline Leg Attachment. I am really impressed with this piece. It feels pretty solid and stable and the decline is really nice to allow the bench to be used as an inversion table or as a decline ab bench. The material is grippy and the padding is quite firm. Adjustments are rapid, the footprint is fairly small for a bench, and the bench is easy to pick up and carry. The wheels operate very smoothly. The bench was easy to assemble and it was shipped quite well.

Some of the slight negatives are the bench pad is fairly narrow, however I don't do flat bench so I don't think this matters much. I also think that the upholstery could be a bit more durable feeling, I am used to the very rugged vinyl of my old Nautilus. Some of the chrome on the decline ab could have been applied better, however this is not something I care about. My understanding is this is not industrial hard chrome, it is likely decorative chrome. Lastly, the bottom seat fits a bit loose so you can rock your bottom a bit if you are sitting on it, not a big issue. Lastly, it would be nice if there was a grab handle under the seat end so the bench could be easily picked up and wheeled around without having to handle the pads.

Overall I would give this bench a 9 out of 10, it is a great piece and worth the money. The remaining 1 point is due to the negatives above. I really like this bench!

I should also note that the total weight of all the cardboard packaging was 13 lbs in itself, so it was very well packed for shipping.
    Congrats on the bench, when it's back in stock get yourself the Hybrid Pad, it's excellent and has great support for the shoulders on both incline and flat. I attached the wide portion on the flat/incline side purposely for DB inclines, also the Hybrid is a bit denser than the stock pad.

q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000) q0c0p is a name known to all. (+5000)
    welp, i think im giving up. did the lottery a bunch of times but just no luck. o well. hopefully next year when all this chit passes it will come back in stock

Originally Posted by q0c0p View Post
    welp, i think im giving up. did the lottery a bunch of times but just no luck. o well. hopefully next year when all this chit passes it will come back in stock
    Yeah I tried the lottery a number of times, but gave up, drove 2 hours each way and bought a new looking 75lb + pedestal set off ******** marketplace, paid about $100 extra ($800). I don't regret it, given the crazy times we live in.

Using the bench for shoulder press today, really love the seating height, feet are flat on the ground. Pad width is fine for it. I kind of like the narrow pad width for prone dumbbell bench pulls and seated curls, dumbbells don't bang on it like the wider pads.
    Last edited by ampire; 01-22-2021 at 02:13 PM.

I finally got my vinyl covers for the decline/situp attachment, didn't get a chance to put them on the rollers yet...but will post a pic once it's set up.

I finally got my vinyl covers for the decline/situp attachment, didn't get a chance to put them on the rollers yet...but will post a pic once it's set up.
    They are kind of awkward to install to be honest. What I did was take the roller off, put the cover on, get the inside end really tight then slide it back on the bar, then screwed it back down and tied the outside end really tight and tucked the cord inside. I tried screwing the plastic plate against the foam so it sandwiched the vinyl cover but it seemed like it was going to break so I have the plastic plate inside.

They are kind of awkward to install to be honest. What I did was take the roller off, put the cover on, get the inside end really tight then slide it back on the bar, then screwed it back down and tied the outside end really tight and tucked the cord inside. I tried screwing the plastic plate against the foam so it sandwiched the vinyl cover but it seemed like it was going to break so I have the plastic plate inside.
    I attempted to slide them on the other day and yes they are kinda awkward (not sure why they had to cut the vinyl longer than the actual foam rollers as well as not just include them with the attachment).

I attempted to slide them on the other day and yes they are kinda awkward (not sure why they had to cut the vinyl longer than the actual foam rollers as well as not just include them with the attachment).
    Yeah I was going to get some cheap drawstring clamps (like you'd use on a shock cord on a windbreaker jacket) and just throw them on there next time I have them off. As far as using it goes, I'd say the vinyl cover was worth it. Much more comfortable and don't have to worry about the foam tearing apart.

Here is my leg attachment with vinyl covers and I added this 1" square tube plastic cap which reduces the risk of gouging the bench vinyl by quite a bit. Got the cap here https://www.ebay.com/itm/313045090257. It fits on pretty tight so I don't think its going to fall into the bench frame, had to use a mallet to pound it in. Looks nearly identical to the end cap that comes with it on the other end and doesn't change the way it fits into the bench.
    Attached Images

I've been checking daily and finally the IM Heavy Handle Kit is back in stock. I just ordered mine while I had the chance. They're NOT in the lottery drawing this time around, so nab 'em while they're still available...
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 02-18-2021 at 12:15 PM.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been checking daily and finally the IM Heavy Handle Kit is back in stock. I just ordered mine while I had the chance.
    If I had IM's that would be on my list, I never liked how long the handle was so problem solved!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪