JAszczur1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not gaining weight despite large calorie intake

2 months ago I finished my cut and ended up at 71.4kg. I slowly proceeded to up my calories and stopped at 2700, first few weeks i gained 1-1.5kg due to water weight then my weight stagnated for another few weeks and started droping again and now im at 71.5kg. Is this possible that 2700 is my maintenance for my weight? When I was on a cut I used to eat around 1700 kcal and was dropping around 0.5-0.6kg a week but I was on it for so long that metabolic adaptations probably lowered my maintenance calorie intake by a lot.
    I don't think its a case of not calculating properly - the only thing that comes to my mind that isn't perfect is that I weigh my meat and pasta after cooking but well myfitnesspal has estimates for every type of prepped food so it shouldnt make that big of a difference.
    Do you think I should start eating 2900-3k?

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eat more.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, it's possible that's your new maintenance. 0.6kg a week is a 650 cal deficit. You can also factor in a 2-400 calorie adaptation to bulking. Plus noise in the data (although you have 2 months of data which should be enough).

But long story short, I think it would be safe to up your calorie intake. But on the other hand, if you are progressing in the gym, maybe keep calorie increases in reserve for when you stagnate.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yes, it's possible that's your new maintenance. 0.6kg a week is a 650 cal deficit. You can also factor in a 2-400 calorie adaptation to bulking. Plus noise in the data (although you have 2 months of data which should be enough).

But long story short, I think it would be safe to up your calorie intake. But on the other hand, if you are progressing in the gym, maybe keep calorie increases in reserve for when you stagnate.
    i can't really progress because they locked the gyms a week ago

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JAszczur1 View Post
    i can't really progress because they locked the gyms a week ago
    Then gaining weight will almost certainly result in some or all of the weight you gain being fat.

In that case, I would just maintain for now and do what you can at home.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Then gaining weight will almost certainly result in some or all of the weight you gain being fat.

In that case, I would just maintain for now and do what you can at home.
    Yea for now yes, but its gonna take a few months until they reopen them again
    I'll buy some gear and try to do squat bench press overhead press barbell rows and some isolation for biceps at home with weight progression

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll buy some gear and try to do squat bench press overhead press barbell rows and some isolation for biceps at home with weight progression
    Get a pull up bar too.

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Start eating a minimum of 3000cal.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

In case you haven't seen this already:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    2700 isn’t that much... that’s not what I would consider a huge surplus.
    Eat more.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew