Thread: 6’5 235 21

justinwood122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

6’5 235 21

Finally getting back in the gym after about a year and few months

At 17 I decided to change my life and hit the gym I went from 350Lbs to 210. I was lean at this point still had some man boobs but I was looking to put on some muscle mass.

At this point I’m 21, and sitting at 230-240 LBs. Just looking for some help as far as going about building more muscle mass but still maintain being able to be somewhat lean.

As far as going in a calorie deficit I know what needs to be done, but as far as gaining muscle mass I’m needing some help as to finding where I should be at with calories(if I should even watch them) and protein intake.

If possible any advice would help!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You really need to pick one goal at a time, either lose fat or build muscle. Building muscle generally requires a caloric surplus, which will also give you some more fat as well. But if your lifts are still in the novice range then you should absolutely be able to progress on those lifts while focusing on losing fat in a caloric deficit.

Protein should always be at 0.8g per lb of bodyweight, minimum, whether you're in a calorie deficit (cutting fat) or in a calorie surplus (bulking to build muscle). Fats should be at 0.4g per lb of bodyweight, minimum.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Recommend you post a photo of your current physique for best advice.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    You really need to pick one goal at a time, either lose fat or build muscle. Building muscle generally requires a caloric surplus, which will also give you some more fat as well. But if your lifts are still in the novice range then you should absolutely be able to progress on those lifts while focusing on losing fat in a caloric deficit.

Protein should always be at 0.8g per lb of bodyweight, minimum, whether you're in a calorie deficit (cutting fat) or in a calorie surplus (bulking to build muscle). Fats should be at 0.4g per lb of bodyweight, minimum.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Recommend you post a photo of your current physique for best advice.
    well fat should not be under 60 g even if that exceeds .4g per lb of body weight

That would mean anyone under 150 would get less than 60 grams
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    well fat should not be under 60 g even if that exceeds .4g per lb of body weight

That would mean anyone under 150 would get less than 60 grams
    Whats the source for 60g minimum? I know a lot of people that don't even get close to that. My wife only eats about 40-50g of fats on a good day.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.