Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Is this considered "processed meat" ?

So processed meat bad

I eat 1 box of salmon pre cooked like this (250g / day) because of how easy it is to just slam and mix into a pile of rice but now I am wondering should I be comcerned eating this daily? Is it considered processed meat? If it is, I'll switch to 'real' salmon immediately

Cheers
    Attached Images

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't know that type of salmon. What does it say that the ingredients are?

Is it smoked or what?

zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zatanoa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    I don't know that type of salmon. What does it say that the ingredients are?

Is it smoked?
    It's cooked on open fire, tried to google the name in english and got "blazed salmon" (no idea is that correct)

Ingredients are salmon and sea salt

I was jusr wondering am I risking myself for colon cancer and other horrors of excessice consumption of processed meats by eating a box daily

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There isn't a line between unprocessed and processed. It's a spectrum in more than 2 dimensions and you're going to have to come to your own mind what level of processing you'd accept.

Those pictures aren't very helpful, btw.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'm surprised to see a fellow finnish guy on these forums lol

not sure if it's processed though

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by zatanoa View Post
    It's cooked on open fire, tried to google the name in english and got "blazed salmon" (no idea is that correct)

Ingredients are salmon and sea salt

I was jusr wondering am I risking myself for colon cancer and other horrors of excessice consumption of processed meats by eating a box daily
    Cooked on open fire, potential contact with flames and smoke, is not that healthy.

And if it's farmed salmon the amount of mercury and PCB's might also be a concern.

I wouldn't eat it everyday.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    i'm surprised to see a fellow finnish guy on these forums lol

not sure if it's processed though
    Ayyy

Lidlin loimulohi on aivan törkeen hyvää

Cooked on open fire, potential contact with flames and smoke, is not that healthy.

And if it's farmed salmon the amount of mercury and PCB's might also be a concern.

I wouldn't eat it everyday.
    Thanks again, need to find something to replace it with similar protein and fat content, any ideas? Already eat a ton of chicken and white fish for protein, eggs and dairy are a nono

Location: Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paulie1986 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I speak Finnish...ermm..'Teemu Pukki' or whatever that means lol.
    I have a good joke about water retention. But I'm going to hold onto it for now.

wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wilkinkc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks again, need to find something to replace it with similar protein and fat content, any ideas? Already eat a ton of chicken and white fish for protein, eggs and dairy are a nono
    If you're looking for fat, beef? 7%-20% fat

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    From what you describe, it would be on the low end of the level of "processed" scale. Those slices make it look like "Bacon of the Sea". If the level of processing is of a concern to you, you can always buy fresh salmon and cook it yourself. I do that. Bring your salmon to near room temperature, season it how you want, heat some oil in a pan to about 350-375. Sear it for about 2 minutes on each side. Watch the side of the fish (vertical component). When it's turned grey about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up, it's time to turn it. Cook it for a little less time on the 2nd side. This will take you more time to prepare, but it will cost you less money. Time is money, but money is not time.

I buy frozen wild salmon. Quite cheap here, about 2.70 Euro for 2 pieces of 130 gram each.

How about whey protein? You can buy it without artificial sweeteners.

Plant protein is another option: lentils, beans, nuts, grains etc.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 10-20-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Farmed salmon actually has either similar or lower levels of mercury than wild salmon in every study I've seen: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...salmon#mercury. Also, either way, isn't salmon more-or-less the safest fish to eat as far as mercury is concerned?

On the PCB front, I believe all fish contain PCB's, do they not?

My mistake, it's not mercury that's the concern, it's the other toxins.

Studies published in 2004 and 2005 showed that farmed salmon had much higher concentrations of contaminants than wild salmon. European farms had more contaminants than American farms, but species from Chile appeared to have the least.

Some of these contaminants include polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins and several chlorinated pesticides.

Arguably the most dangerous pollutant found in salmon is PCB, which is strongly associated with cancer and various other health problems.

One study published in 2004 determined that PCB concentrations in farmed salmon were eight times higher than in wild salmon, on average.

Those contamination levels are deemed safe by the FDA but not by the US EPA (20). Researchers suggested that if the EPA guidelines were applied to farmed salmon, people would be encouraged to restrict salmon consumption to no more than once per month.

Still, one study showed that the levels of common contaminants, such as PCBs, in Norwegian, farmed salmon decreased significantly from 1999 to 2011. These changes may reflect lower levels of PCBs and other contaminants in fish feed.

In addition, many argue that the benefits of consuming omega-3s from salmon outweigh the health risks of contaminants.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...n#contaminants

Some data suggest the contamination levels of Norwegian farmed salmon has been decreasing, still it's not something I'd eat every day.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    From what you describe, it would be on the low end of the level of "processed" scale. Those slices make it look like "Bacon of the Sea". If the level of processing is of a concern to you, you can always buy fresh salmon and cook it yourself. I do that. Bring your salmon to near room temperature, season it how you want, heat some oil in a pan to about 350-375. Sear it for about 2 minutes on each side. Watch the side of the fish (vertical component). When it's turned grey about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up, it's time to turn it. Cook it for a little less time on the 2nd side. This will take you more time to prepare, but it will cost you less money. Time is money, but money is not time.
    Thanks!

Love the "Time is money but money can't buy time" quote

I buy frozen wild salmon. Quite cheap here, about 2.70 Euro for 2 pieces of 130 gram each.

How about whey protein? You can buy it without artificial sweeteners.

Plant protein is another option: lentils, beans, nuts, grains etc.
    Thank you!

I prefer "real food" over whey , I'll opt for more white fish or turkey perhaps and get fats through olives, avocados and oils

Thank you!

I prefer "real food" over whey , I'll opt for more white fish or turkey perhaps and get fats through olives, avocados and oils
    How about Greek yogurt? (Why no dairy?)

How about Greek yogurt? (Why no dairy?)
    I always get lota of excess mucus in my throat after dairy, have tried various cheeses, greek yogs, cottage cheese etc

And my skin gets worse

If only I could tolerate dairy better, would be mega cheap and easy source of protein

I always get lota of excess mucus in my throat after dairy, have tried various cheeses, greek yogs, cottage cheese etc

And my skin gets worse

If only I could tolerate dairy better, would be mega cheap and easy source of protein
    Makes sense. You can find the sea food that's lowest on mercury here: https://bodyrecomposition.com/nutrit...ontent-of-fish

ps. the evidence on whey protein looks very good. My diet is mostly whole food and minimally processed but I do supplement 1 scoop of whey per day.

Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mateo217 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Remember, the smaller the fish, the less other fish (if any fish) it has consumed and thus consumed less toxins. Sardines and similar are a good example.

However, I would not eat any fish every single day. Try maybe 4-5 days a week at most.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mateo217 View Post
    However, I would not eat any fish every single day. Try maybe 4-5 days a week at most.
    Forget the toxins. Who the fuk has the money for that? Unless you're eating all canned fish (groce), your pocketbooks gonna take a srs hit with fish everyday.

Originally Posted by Mateo217 View Post
    Remember, the smaller the fish, the less other fish (if any fish) it has consumed and thus consumed less toxins. Sardines and similar are a good example.
    Good advice. I forgot about sardines.

Makes sense. You can find the sea food that's lowest on mercury here:

ps. the evidence on whey protein looks very good. My diet is mostly whole food and minimally processed but I do supplement 1 scoop of whey per day.
    Is Pollack the same as Alaskan Pollock? Very cheap and effective frozen white fish sold here

Is Pollack the same as Alaskan Pollock?
    I think so. Don't forget those sardines. Even lower mercury and chock full of nutrients like omega 3 and vitamin D.

I think so. Don't forget those sardines. Even lower mercury and chock full of nutrients like omega 3 and vitamin D.
    Actually started eating them , 2-3 cans / week should be good

Also has bones aka calcium !

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Also has bones aka calcium !
    ew..
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Did you say that backwards? Farmed is lower than wild for pollutants. And Wild Salmon is still relatively low in mercury compared to Tuna.

What's the probalistic cancer risk increase of flame cooked meat vs all the other bad habits I do. Flame cooked is delicious.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NomadNA View Post
    probalistic cancer risk
    What does that mean?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by NomadNA View Post
    Did you say that backwards? Farmed is lower than wild for pollutants. And Wild Salmon is still relatively low in mercury compared to Tuna.
    Check post #14. Farmed has lower mercury but higher polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins and several chlorinated pesticides.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    ew..
    Which in my situation, is very much needed