colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000) colontos is a name known to all. (+5000)

Training a muscle every day for 30-60 days

There are a million articles out there with "I did 100 pushups every day for 30 days and this is what happened." Clickbait BS.

But I saw this article on BB.com and it got me thinking: https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...every-day.html

Cliffs is that if you train a muscle hard, like to failure, every day for a set period like 30 or 60 days, you prime it for increased growth when you resume normal training like twice a week or something. Article talks about "nuclei overload" which seems like BS but the principle is interesting.

Anybody with experience, anecdotes, evidence on this?

kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's an interesting topic, I'm curious too. I wish I had the balls to try it lol I think I would struggle, doing biceps everyday will effect any other upper workout for the most part so I'd imagine you'd have some muscles take a back seat for those 2 months which would drive me crazy.
    The best personal trainer you can invest in is YOURSELF.

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some anecdotes and some thoughts on this and some potentially confounding variables.

I do think it was Migan from Team 3D Alpha that started talking about this ages ago and Greg Doucette tried to roast him for it and fell flat on his face, bla bla bla. So there's more info on that youtube channel if you want to explore the topic more.

The issue with anecdotes over controlled studies is that you're always going to have variables that you can't control for. Using myself as an example, Iam a former national level swimmer, I learnt to swim when I was 2 since my Dad was a fanatic about not having lazy fat kids, I got into my school's squad at 5 yo. And then from that point on I was swimming 6 hours a day, split into 2 day sessions, every single day for 13 years straight (during which I competed at nationals for 8 years and our squad were all island champs for 7 of those 8 years). And in conjuction to that I was also doing 4 mile sea swims each weekend, playing water polo 2x per week, scuba diving 2x per week, life guard training in open water 2x per week. So a ton of swimming. And it just so happens that my back, till date is my best body part, particularly my lats.

Now, yes, at face value this suggests that nucleus overload is a thing. However, its also important to think about genetics - I've always had a natural mind muscle connection with my lats (something which most people spend years of their lifting career struggling with). I've also had a relatively strong back compared to the rest of me (I could do 12 pull ups in a row with perfect form, the first time I ever tried it). I also spent some of my early years training in a rather crappy gym which didn't have a squat rack nor a bench. Which meant that the vast majority of my compound lifts were sub-maximal weights, while the only things I could really go heavy on were rows, pull ups, deadlifts - back,back,and more back. There's also behavioural factors to take into account - back is my favorite body part to train, and I also find it to be one of the most impressive body parts, which we can't deny is a factor to be considered since motivation differences can play a part in how hard someone trains even if they have all the required knowledge and equipement.

So truly, it is hard to say.

On the flip side of this, I've also trained my abs to failure, with heavy weight and some pretty high volumes (30 sets per week of direct, weighted work) over the course of 7 years. Over the course of these 7 years I did a few minicuts and bulks. Started at a bodyweight of 45kg at a bodyfat of nobody knows, over the course of 7 years I bulked up to 92kg, sitting at around 20% bf which was backed up by the folks around here and trainers that I knew. Did a long, slow cut down to 11% bf. Guess what? Abs? Zero difference from day one to the end of year 7. Not even a cm gained on my waist (just pointing this out since everyone back then was yelling at me that I was going to thicken up my waist by doing 36 heavy sets of abs to failure each week while progressively overloading the weights and reps). Sooo, in this case, nucleus overload had nothing to do with anything. Not only did it not create any create any localized, short term change during the process itself, it also failed to deliver on the supposed delayed onset effects later on. So I've had two very contrasting experiences in that regards which is why I say that its not just a straight forward, a+b=c type of thing when dealing with anecdotes.

And then, not to mention, its very difficult / impossible to confirm the mechanism behind the process. Is it the high frequency that causes it? Is it the volume? Is if both? If it's either then can it be done without the other, i.e, its not nucleus overload, its just high volume? etc etc etc. There's a lot of potential questions to be asked so Iam neither for nor against it.

What I would suggest you to ask yourself is this - why bother doing it?

Do you have any actually lagging body parts? Did you do something like a beginner workout and milk that to it's maximum till you were either not progressing or hitting 'intermediate strength numbers?" Did you move onto an intermediate routine without missing a single day of training and keep progressing over months till you got stupid strong across all movements and bodyparts? Were you doing this with sufficient volume and proximity to failure, proper technique and execution? What's your diet like? Have you been cheating on it? Have you got all your calories and macros nailed down to the last gram? Are you sleeping properly with both sufficient quantity and quality? Are you controlling your stress levels? Your hydration? Your micronutrients? Have you done all of this for 5 years straight?

Well, if the answer is no to any of those, then maybe it would be a good idea to sort those things out first, which has much more evidence to back up that it works, than taking a gamble by investing in something that has a lot less evidence (but still has some of course).
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes. I’ve done it for chest, Lats, and Rear Delts. All about a year apart. Doing it for arms now. It works if you do it right. I wouldn’t recommend going to failure.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Better do it yourself on one muscle group and see how it goes.
    Might work for calves or median delts.

Originally Posted by George2100 View Post
    Yes. I’ve done it for chest, Lats, and Rear Delts. All about a year apart. Doing it for arms now. It works if you do it right. I wouldn’t recommend going to failure.
    How many hard sets a day?
    And every EVERY day for 1 year?
    No pauses at all?
    I like to learn from the mistakes of the people who take my advice.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There was this young kid that had to push a wheel around that powered a water well. He did it until he was about 20. It made him huge. He went into acting and politics after that. Maybe you've heard of him?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    There was this young kid that had to push a wheel around that powered a water well. He did it until he was about 20. It made him huge. He went into acting and politics after that. Maybe you've heard of him?
    Although the wheel's purpose was not specified, it was not likely to be powering a water well. More likely a mill of some sort, or the latest in barbarian fitness technology.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Although the wheel's purpose was not specified, it was not likely to be powering a water well. More likely a mill of some sort, or the latest in barbarian fitness technology.
    The kid I mentioned joins other children at a gigantic outdoor grain mill, called the Wheel of Pain. They begin pushing the spokes of the wheel, and time passes quickly. The child becomes an adult and the camera pans out to show that he is now the only one left pushing the wheel. He has become enormously muscular by the time the mill is shut down and he is led away in chains.

So to answer your question, you need to push the Wheel of Pain for about 12 years.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I ran a block of nuckols HIHF (his var of Bulgarian inspired stuff) with grease the groove chins and 100s of pull aparts every day for 80 days.

Squat/bench/dead
    to X1@8-9 (@7 for deads)
    Then Backoff triples

Multiple sub max NG chins ups through the day. With a set of max pull aparts, face pulls, band rows ect after each set.

Did great on it..
    Added 40kg to squat
    50kg to dead
    20kg to bench - ac recovery time
    Doubled my amount of chins
    And lost 8kg

Not sure how close that is to the main site article.. As I dont read them, they are just to shill supps

But daily effort works fine regardless how you set it up. Just gotta know how to autoregulate and ride the daily ebb & flow.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 10-20-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And how many hours a day did he do that?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So to answer your question, you need to push the Wheel of Pain for about 12 years.
    Crom! That's a long time to train.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    And how many hours a day did he do that?
    Pretty sure it would have been from sunrise to sunset. Back then, working hours were when there was visible light. Nobody had watches or anything like that. Noon was when the sun was straight overhead. Maybe they stopped turning the wheel when they ran out of grain to process for the day?

Pretty sure it would have been from sunrise to sunset. Back then, working hours were when there was visible light. Nobody had watches or anything like that. Noon was when the sun was straight overhead. Maybe they stopped turning the wheel when they ran out of grain to process for the day?
    I'm sure he had a lunch break, with enough protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. Maybe a shake with some creatine in it. I wonder what his preworkout was made of.

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    I'm sure he had a lunch break, with enough protein, complex carbs and healthy fats. Maybe a shake with some creatine in it. I wonder what his preworkout was made of.
    Probably had alot of mutton in those days. I saw him in his adult years wearing sheeps clothing. As far as preworkout, there was probably a tremendous adrenalin rush because there is some big dude that looks like he came right out of "The Road Warrior" with a whip that would use it on anyone that wasn't trying hard enough.