taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

How to stop spinlock dumbells from stabbing my leg.

I found this...

https://www.amazon.com/capper-Adjust...2995512&sr=8-9

Can anyone aware me of any cheaper options before I buy this for $35. Thanks boyos.

IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I hadn't seen these before. I have always used dumbbell holders on my power rack. I'm not sure they are worth it.

taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) taskmob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IronJim835 View Post
    I hadn't seen these before. I have always used dumbbell holders on my power rack. I'm not sure they are worth it.
    Shoot, problem is I don't have a power rack. Just got a bench and some spinlock dumbells.

DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by taskmob View Post
    Shoot, problem is I don't have a power rack. Just got a bench and some spinlock dumbells.
    cheap enough investment. Try them out and report back to the forum. I use ironmasters and i load and lift heavy weight off the included stand. I don't drop the weights so I absolutely wouldn't be able to press heavy without setting them on my thighs.

If I had to make due with spin locks I assume i'd rest them on my thights with half the dumbbells' sticking off the side.

VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by taskmob View Post
    I found this...

https://www.amazon.com/capper-Adjust...2995512&sr=8-9

Can anyone aware me of any cheaper options before I buy this for $35. Thanks boyos.
    Check what I did boyo. Go to local metal shop and weld on some plates.

Was amazing until I dropped them too many times and the threads started loosening. So if you go this route just dont drop them.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1614771291

IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronJim835 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    VTLifts I thought of your tread when I read this one. But didn't have enough posts to link it. Glad you chimed in to give an opinion.

DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthCholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by VTLifts View Post
    Check what I did boyo. Go to local metal shop and weld on some plates.

Was amazing until I dropped them too many times and the threads started loosening. So if you go this route just dont drop them.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1614771291
    Checked out that thread. The pepins are very interesting. They're spinlock ironmasters without the quick change feature. Since they're fully threaded you can pretty much use any plates you want saving money.

https://pepin-dumbbell.myshopify.com/collections/all

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DarthCholo View Post
    Checked out that thread. The pepins are very interesting. They're spinlock ironmasters without the quick change feature. Since they're fully threaded you can pretty much use any plates you want saving money.

https://pepin-dumbbell.myshopify.com/collections/all
    Those are nice. Do they ship to the US?

I have a lot of 10 lb, 7.5, 5, 2.5, 1.25 pancake plates and SDH 1,2,3,4,5 handles, greased bolts and endcaps, which I reconfigure weights around to suit my needs but its cumbersome to make changes. I am considering getting Ironmasters instead once i find a deal or get into the ironmasters lottery, and after doing so, selling my current plates and handles. It just seems like a good time to make the switch because the prices are higher than normal on the used market for the standard plates and handles, I would like to break even on the switch to IM.

The pepin would be an attractive alternative as I have the plates already, though I think in some ways the quicker change of the ironmasters is what I am interested in. I would love to find a good deal on some Hoist 75 Quik-Change but haven't seen any local. Powerblocks have less appeal to me, because I'd love to buy a 100% metal product and have it last for decades.

NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Tap a hole into a lacrosse ball and put it on the ends.

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NHAngler View Post
    Tap a hole into a lacrosse ball and put it on the ends.
    I've used a 1" rubber furniture/cane tip before, at the very least it keeps you from accidentally gouging bench upholstery, though it doesn't have the radius to be a leg rest.

VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VTLifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What I did before I had the welded plates was just use an extra set of collars and loosely attach them to the end so they were flush with the threaded end and thus gained a bit more surface area. It still bruised my thigh at times, but it was manageable.

Originally Posted by ampire View Post

I have a lot of 10 lb, 7.5, 5, 2.5, 1.25 pancake plates and SDH 1,2,3,4,5 handles, greased bolts and endcaps, which I reconfigure weights around to suit my needs but its cumbersome to make changes. I am considering getting Ironmasters instead once i find a deal or get into the ironmasters lottery, and after doing so, selling my current plates and handles. It just seems like a good time to make the switch because the prices are higher than normal on the used market for the standard plates and handles, I would like to break even on the switch to IM.

The pepin would be an attractive alternative as I have the plates already, though I think in some ways the quicker change of the ironmasters is what I am interested in. I would love to find a good deal on some Hoist 75 Quik-Change but haven't seen any local. Powerblocks have less appeal to me, because I'd love to buy a 100% metal product and have it last for decades.
    I considered pepin as well, but thought it would've just been a temporary boost until I got the Ironmasters. Luckily I got a 75lb kit just last week. Still awaiting my heavy handle kit, and will put up a more formal review once I do, but game changer vs the spin-locks. Only initial negative is the wide handle width (6.5") but that gets fixed with heavy handle kit. I think the Pepin are nice, but not an IM equivalent. I picked up Powerblocks months ago and quickly flipped them. Didn't care for the feel. Keep waiting for IM IMO.

Originally Posted by VTLifts View Post
    What I did before I had the welded plates was just use an extra set of collars and loosely attach them to the end so they were flush with the threaded end and thus gained a bit more surface area. It still bruised my thigh at times, but it was manageable.

I considered pepin as well, but thought it would've just been a temporary boost until I got the Ironmasters. Luckily I got a 75lb kit just last week. Still awaiting my heavy handle kit, and will put up a more formal review once I do, but game changer vs the spin-locks. Only initial negative is the wide handle width (6.5") but that gets fixed with heavy handle kit. I think the Pepin are nice, but not an IM equivalent. I picked up Powerblocks months ago and quickly flipped them. Didn't care for the feel. Keep waiting for IM IMO.
    20lb heavy handle kit was a must for me. Got some 15lb hex and use 10lb plate for anything lighter than 20lbs for some shoulder work.

xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xdoomhammerx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post

yes they do ship to the US. (although I am in Canada I know cuz I asked the owner)

Had my kit for about a month now, still missing a few plates to have all the weight combinations I would like but so far so good. Quick enough to adjust and nice and tight once tightened for use. It has a nice "commercial" feel when using them. A nice change from my Sports 9.0 powerblocks. I think the two are complementing each other. PB's for quick drop sets, Pépin's for heavy sets.