Registered User YoungInnovation's Avatar
    YoungInnovation is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best Foods For Energy As We Age Into 30s, 40s and Beyond

Hello. Health and Fitness is something I have been interested in for about the past 6 years. Throughout my journey, I have had various amounts of energy. Sometimes more energy, other times less. I have modified my diet at different points to try accomplish any goals I had in mind. I see other people doing the same thing in the gym with different strategies. I know that there are three main body types: Endomorph, Ectomorph, and Mesomorph. I am an Endomorph. So if I don't work out, I will be fat. When I do workout and eat healthier, however, I can get slimmer and gain muscle at a good speed. But I am on this forum for a reason. I have a question and am reaching out for advice from people who have been in this "game" for much longer than myself. I am humbled to be on this forum. And I appreciate any knowledge of health, nutrition, and workouts one may have to get consistent energy. I want to have energy to the point where I can take one day off and recover. And after I recover, I would like to have energy to workout about 3 to 4 times a week, work 40 to 50 hours a week, and have sex with women or (or hopefully my wife if I get married) a few times a week.

At the moment, I drink chamomile tea(for stress/estrogen balancer), Yogi Detox tea(Liver), eat leafy greens(nitric oxide), cruciferous vegetables(normalizing estrogen), protein(muscles), cholesterol from meat(testosterone from testicles), and eat garlic(testosterone, estrogen balancer, nitric oxide). Plus, I take a multivitamin and fish oil. Plus some adaptogens and Forskolin sometimes. I am trying to be natural and get most of my energy from food.

Thanks for the read. What are some more of your suggestions?

I am 31 by the way.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't fall into the trap of thinking you need 'special' foods. You'll be sold all kinds of mumbo jumbo in that basis.

Our macronutrient and micronutrient requirements can be met quite easily from very ordinary foods like meat, dairy, vegetables, fruit, wholegrains etc.

To address a few of your points. I'm sceptical about any "health tea", there is often an incorrect causal link drawn between tea drinking and health when other factors in the population in question are more likely to influence health that simply drinking tea.

Detox is not a recognised clinical concept, it's the province of quack remedies...

examine.com is a good resource for unbiased views on dietary supplements.

Also, this is a good read:
    https://completehumanperformance.com.../clean-eating/

Also, the sticky threads at a top of the page contain a summary of approaches to use in conjunction with training.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just go to Costco and Trader Joes and look around at what looks/sounds good to try, along with some staples. I try to eat “mainly” whole unprocessed foods but I will eat pretty much anything. I don’t take any supps. I do eat a wide variety of things and lots of fruits and veggies. Coffee is enough for energy. Ymmv
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Chocolate milk every single day since the age of 4.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by YoungInnovation View Post
    Endomorph, Ectomorph, and Mesomorph.
    Yes, so this is nonsense. Junk science, no such things.

I eat a broad and balanced diet, stay active as I can, and weight train. My energy and testosterone are far above average.

Originally Posted by YoungInnovation View Post
    cruciferous vegetables(normalizing estrogen
    This is complete trash. I doubt you know what normal estrogen is or it's vital part in male hormonal health and gainz.
    “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” – Joseph Pilates

A bodybuilder uses the weights to work the muscle.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just read the whole OP...

I had to laugh at ‘testosterone from testicles’
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

Yes. Testosterone from testicles good. Estrogen from ovaries bad. Make man strong and big. Make pp hard.

No but in all srsness, listen to SuffolkPunch & VicDumbells, OP. You seem to believe a lot of misinformation if you're not trolling, and estrogen isn't a villain that needs to be "balanced" by vegetables. If anything, excess fat is more-or-less the only thing to worry about causing excessive levels of estrogen. This is one of the reasons why men shouldn't bulk past 15-20% body fat. I've actually had health issues from having estrogen levels that were too low.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

You got a problem with rocky mountain oysters?
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdogg3270 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sweet potatoes
    rice