ReboundReps is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Medial scapular pain with back exercises

I injured myself a couple months ago doing this trunk rotation / plank type exercise.

I saw a physio and he noticed I had poor thoracic rotation, tight lats and also a winging scapular... and so gave me exercises and stretches for each.

My injury has improved a lot but I'm still left with this pain on the inner border of my scapular with anything like rows, reverse flies, chest presses or scapular retraction. The pain feels quite 'deep' rather than my rhomboids etc.

My physio keeps giving me more exercises for my lower traps but they don't seem to be helping with this particular pain.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ReboundReps View Post
    I injured myself a couple months ago doing this trunk rotation / plank type exercise.

I saw a physio and he noticed I had poor thoracic rotation, tight lats and also a winging scapular... and so gave me exercises and stretches for each.

My injury has improved a lot but I'm still left with this pain on the inner border of my scapular with anything like rows, reverse flies, chest presses or scapular retraction. The pain feels quite 'deep' rather than my rhomboids etc.

My physio keeps giving me more exercises for my lower traps but they don't seem to be helping with this particular pain.

Anybody else have any ideas?
    It might be weakness in serratus anterior. Get a lacross ball, try to self release the rhomboids, then stretch and then do some strenghtening for serratus anterior, good options are: landmine press, pike push up, dumbell pullover <--- but make sure you use light weight and keep protraction all the way down, that's the best exercise for serratus.

ReboundReps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, I think you may be right