ahf86946 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lifting exercises that are low impact on wrists

I was diagnosed with carpal boss or bone overgrowth on my left wrist, which started acting up when I did heavy overhead shoulder presses and flat bench. I realize now my terrible form grip did not help either. Was told to rest it and keep it in a brace until the pain goes away, which I plan on doing.

Once I get the OK from my doctor to workout I want to keep lifting, but want to stick to exercises for my upper body that are low impact on my wrists. Any suggestions? Thank you.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You may want to play with grip width and hand position for free weight exercises, and explore dbs/cables/machines. You likely can find some variation of exercises you want to do which will be easier on your wrists.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are alternatives to barbells

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    There are alternatives to barbells
    Got it. This last injury, which was the worst one was brought on by shoulder presses with dbs, but to be honest i wasn't paying much attention to the way I was gripping them. Is there a better way of gripping dbs that puts less pressure on my wrists? Thank you.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You may want to play with grip width and hand position for free weight exercises, and explore dbs/cables/machines. You likely can find some variation of exercises you want to do which will be easier on your wrists.
    Thank you. Do you recommend specific grip widths and hand positions for shoulder, arm, and chest exercises?

Should I try to do more pulling exercises on cables? I've also been thinking of tying ankle straps to my forearms to do cable exercises so it's less strain on my wrist?

socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ez bar curls

Hammer curls

pull ups not chin ups

Knuckle push ups

Flys

Basically anything that doesn’t involve turning your wrist

Will do, thank you.

AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AlexMarry has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Can any one suggest me , that what will the best exercise . Because many time when i uplift the heavy weight , my wrist starts paining so much,.