Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50) happy06maker will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Nutrition and Health during COVID

With so many people falling ill from the coronavirus, unhealthy diets are contributing to pre-existing conditions that put us more at risk. How does nutrition can protect your health during COVID-19?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nutrition (along with regular exercise) plays a major role in health regardless of COVID-19.

Just to name a few:

- Weight management
    - Reduced risk of disease - stroke/heart/cancer/diabetes/digestive issues, etc.
    - Bone and teeth health
    - Mood
    - Sleep
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It plays the same role it does in terms of general health... there’s no specific diet for prevention or treatment of it...
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Covid is covid man. Even if you take perfect care of yourself and wear a mask, it's going to get you sooner or later. Though a diet and exercise might help fight it off quicker or ease the symptoms (which I doubt)... its coming for us all. REPENT REPENT! Haha. Sorry. In my opinion, Covid is just like the flu except you cant taste or smell. Unhealthy diets contribute to worse things like Heart Attackes, Diabetes, etc.. Covid is the least of many people's worries I think. Good topic!
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Diet can reduce weight and also the likelihood of diabetes and heart disease - all of which are strong factors in determining the health impact of having Covid. However, if you already have those problems, it might be a little too late, I personally wouldn't want to do anything more than a mild calorie controlled diet right now since dieting can also lower your immune effectiveness...

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I personally wouldn't want to do anything more than a mild calorie controlled diet right now since dieting can also lower your immune effectiveness...
    While I agree with the first part of your post, I’m not sure whether I agree or disagree with this sentiment in regards to COVID. The dangerous inflammatory response is in some ways an immune “overreaction“, which is possibly why young kids don’t get it nearly as bad. They actually have slightly weaker immune systems. It’s also theorized that a recent cold may offer protective benefits: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-19--67792/amp.

All that being said, I would still worry about a steep caloric deficit because of the way it could deplete LBM or dampen the initial immune response, especially in people who aren’t significantly overweight.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    While I agree with the first part of your post, I’m not sure whether I agree or disagree with this sentiment in regards to COVID. The dangerous inflammatory response is in some ways an immune “overreaction“, which is possibly why young kids don’t get it nearly as bad. They actually have slightly weaker immune systems. It’s also theorized that a recent cold may offer protective benefits: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-19--67792/amp.

All that being said, I would still worry about a steep caloric deficit because of the way it could deplete LBM or dampen the initial immune response, especially in people who aren’t significantly overweight.
    That's in interesting point, I wonder if children are less prone to autoimmune disease...

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That's in interesting point, I wonder if children are less prone to autoimmune disease...
    Children can get some autoimmune diseases like Celiac or Type 1 diabetes, but they're very rare: https://www.lifeworkswellnesscenter....-children.html.

Autoimmune diseases and even allergies are also far lower in Africans because their immune systems are exposed to far more pathogens than people in developed nations. Other than the younger age demographics and lack of overweight or obese people, this might be one of the reasons as to why the continent's actually kicking Covid's ass compared to all the developed nations who can't contain it.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Children can get some autoimmune diseases like Celiac or Type 1 diabetes, but they're very rare: https://www.lifeworkswellnesscenter....-children.html.

Autoimmune diseases and even allergies are also far lower in Africans because their immune systems are exposed to far more pathogens than people in developed nations. Other than the younger age demographics and lack of overweight or obese people, this might be one of the reasons as to why the continent's actually kicking Covid's ass compared to all the developed nations who can't contain it.
    Anecdotally I've noticed this as well... most AI diseases tend to develop over time/later in life: lupus, MS, RA, Grave's Disease....
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look into fermented foods. Great for a strong immune system. Especially if you've had antibiotics. Kefir, Kombucha, sauerkraut are good examples.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by happy06maker View Post
    With so many people falling ill from the coronavirus, unhealthy diets are contributing to pre-existing conditions that put us more at risk. How does nutrition can protect your health during COVID-19?
    The standard advice on healthy eating applies: make sure to eat plenty of vegetables, fruit, fiber etc. Make sure to hit your micronutrients, ideally from mostly whole and minimally processed foods.

Ps. I'd personally prefer not eating a deficit right now.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Zschnack87 View Post
    Covid is covid man. Even if you take perfect care of yourself and wear a mask, it's going to get you sooner or later. Though a diet and exercise might help fight it off quicker or ease the symptoms (which I doubt)... its coming for us all. REPENT REPENT! Haha. Sorry. In my opinion, Covid is just like the flu except you cant taste or smell. Unhealthy diets contribute to worse things like Heart Attackes, Diabetes, etc.. Covid is the least of many people's worries I think. Good topic!
    Eh, we're seeing a lot more "long-haulers" with COVID-19 than we ever have with flu. Obviously hard to predict how long their symptoms will last but many are having symptoms for months. We'll see how bad things get this winter.

I actually would eat at a deficit now if obese. Obesity is a pro-inflammatory state and while in the act of losing weight that will improve some even if one is early in their weight loss course. I can't say this with confidence but having a slightly worse immune response due to being in a deficit may not be a bad thing here... many of the people who are having particularly bad outcomes are having overactive immune responses. Of all the various medications we have tried, one that has been shown pretty conclusively to be beneficial is steroids, and those decrease the immune response. Many doctors who are obese are trying to lose weight now.

If one is not obese I would not eat at a deficit though. I don't have any reason to think that would be helpful otherwise.

YureenaJoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

One Shot Keto : Pills Work, Side Effect and Where to Buy..

myfitnesspills.com/one-shot-keto-ca/
    One Shot Keto
    apnews.com/press-release/ts-newswire/business-lifestyle-new-york-nutrition-north-america-75e5a4008e865a9cdb5c06e0c247d5fa
    ********.com/oneshotketocanada/
    ********.com/One-Shot-Keto-Canada-113773917191598/

Diets and weight the board is taking new measurements consistently. You may have found out about the paleo diet, veggie lover diet, Mediterranean eating regimen, etc! One of the ongoing well known names is the keto diet. In spite of the fact that it is a lot of successful and well known, you probably won't have the option to follow the keto diet, as it is somewhat costly. This is the place where the One Shot Keto supplement comes in!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The first RCT showing benefits of vitamin D for Corona patients has been published.

So load up on fatty fish: salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel etc.

Supplement makes sense too, especially in the winter.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by happy06maker View Post
    The same way people did before MSM hyped up the severity of this nonsense.

Balanced diets with ample veggies, fruits, fiber

Exercise

Rest and stress reduction, etc
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Originally Posted by Zschnack87 View Post
    In my opinion, Covid is just like the flu except you cant taste or smell. Unhealthy diets contribute to worse things like Heart Attackes, Diabetes, etc.. Covid is the least of many people's worries I think. Good topic!
    Might be interesting:

COVID-19 Is Now the Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.
    It kills more people than the flu, contrary to Trump’s claims, and also surpasses stroke, Alzheimer’s and diabetes

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...h-in-the-u-s1/

Of course if you're younger, lean, physically active and have a good diet it's very unlikely it will kill you. But it can do a lot of other nasty stuff, also when you're healthy.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Might be interesting:

It kills more people than the flu, contrary to Trump’s claims, and also surpasses stroke, Alzheimer’s and diabetes

Of course if you're younger, lean, physically active and have a good diet it's very unlikely it will kill you. But it can do a lot of other nasty stuff, also when you're healthy.
    Sadly in the US, it’s impossible to discuss COVID without it immediately becoming political, especially with tomorrow being Election Day.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Sadly in the US, it’s impossible to discuss COVID without it immediately becoming political, especially with tomorrow being Election Day.
    Same problem in Canada and its usually American politics that come up. Or its a liberal/Trudeau hoax. My town had an anti-mask protest and there were several MAGA signs and trump flags...we are in central Ontario.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

antoniowo13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My eating disorder

My name is antony am 16 years old and just 4 months ago i went through a terrible situation of not eating food doing intense cardio 1 hour a day and losing weight from day to day at an alarming rete. Prior to that i had been a pretty fat kid weighting in at 76 kilograms but i had just started the gym for 4 months and had seen drastic changes in muscle. while i was haply with the results i wanted more and thats when i stopped eating left the weights and moved to cardio. Could this eating disorder have damaged my ability to build muscle for life i havent found anything online but i wondered? And will bodyweight training like pull ups and push ups assisted with good nutrition(protein calories ect) help me put some miscle onmy frame.

Originally Posted by antoniowo13 View Post
    My name is antony am 16 years old and just 4 months ago i went through a terrible situation of not eating food doing intense cardio 1 hour a day and losing weight from day to day at an alarming rete. Prior to that i had been a pretty fat kid weighting in at 76 kilograms but i had just started the gym for 4 months and had seen drastic changes in muscle. while i was haply with the results i wanted more and thats when i stopped eating left the weights and moved to cardio. Could this eating disorder have damaged my ability to build muscle for life i havent found anything online but i wondered? And will bodyweight training like pull ups and push ups assisted with good nutrition(protein calories ect) help me put some miscle onmy frame.
    I recommend speaking with your parents and professional counseling so you can get on a good long term path.

You may need to avoid exercise for a while so you can fix your mental relationship with food and your body.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Might be interesting:

That is based on assumptions. Not facts.

There is absolutely NO gold standard for testing so no one can state anyone died from the the so called virus.

Positive cases are based on a meaningless PCR test used as diagnosis.

It picks up COLDS someone had in the past and who hasn’t had a cold?

MDs have stated they put covid on the death certificate without any accurate diagnosis of this flu based on ASSUMPTIONS from the symptoms.
    NASM CPT

RIP my friend D4K

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    flu
    Serious question: do people use the word 'flu' colloquially when they're talking about COVID on purpose?

I ask because it is genuinely not a 'flu' (influenza) virus... so I'm curious if it's being stated literally to suggest COVID = influenza...

That is based on assumptions. Not facts.

There is absolutely NO gold standard for testing so no one can state anyone died from the the so called virus.

Positive cases are based on a meaningless PCR test used as diagnosis.

It picks up COLDS someone had in the past and who hasn’t had a cold?

MDs have stated they put covid on the death certificate without any accurate diagnosis of this flu based on ASSUMPTIONS from the symptoms.
    While PCR tests aren't perfect, they're not meaningless. Suggested reading: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...453-7/fulltext

and don't believe everything an MD says. Some MDs become bestseller authors by claiming that eating wheat makes you fat, that sugar is as addictive as *******, or that insulin is the reason people get fat.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 11-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.

While PCR tests aren't perfect, they're not meaningless. Suggested reading: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...453-7/fulltext

and don't believe everything an MD says. Some MDs become bestseller authors by claiming that eating wheat makes you fat, that sugar is as addictive as *******, or that insulin is the reason people get fat.

I read that but this gets into the science why the test is BS.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/...y-meaningless/

True. Can’t believe MDs every word.

But the CDCs own admission was to put that on the death certificate if the death was presumed to be from the Chinese Flu.

Either way closing down the World over some flu is not based on health and safety.

It’s about control.
    NASM CPT

RIP my friend D4K

https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/...y-meaningless/

True. Can’t believe MDs every word.

But the CDCs own admission was to put that on the death certificate if the death was presumed to be from the Chinese Flu.

Either way closing down the World over some flu is not based on health and safety.

It’s about control.
    I’m still trying to figure out why it’s being called a ‘flu’

The paper I linked to is published on September 29 in one of the top peer reviewed medical journals.

The info you linked to is from June, from a random website and written by 2 journalists without relevant education.

The paper I linked to is published on September 29 in one of the top peer reviewed medical journals.

The info you linked to is from June, from a random website and written by 2 journalists without relevant education.
    That article is fine. I read their logic and science and it’s spot on.
    NASM CPT

RIP my friend D4K

That article is fine. I read their logic and science and it’s spot on.
    I prefer higher quality sources. Anyway, with PCR tests the likelihood of false negatives is higher than false positives. It's in the paper I linked to. The implication is that the actual COVID death toll is likely higher than the death toll determined with PCR tests.

If you prefer an easier read: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020081020734

PS. I'd be interested to see your answer to Adam's question. It's a good question.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Serious question: do people use the word 'flu' colloquially when they're talking about COVID on purpose?

I ask because it is genuinely not a 'flu' (influenza) virus... so I'm curious if it's being stated literally to suggest COVID = influenza...
    Probably the same reason people say they have a stomach flu.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Probably the same reason people say they have a stomach flu.
    Right that's why i'm asking... another example would be people referring to things that aren't 'true' allergies as allergies...etc...

The difference here though is that COVID is often compared to the traditional flu symptom-wise, whereas 'stomach flu' seems like an obvious catch-phrase for any kind of viral gastroenteritis. So it makes me wonder if the term 'flu' in relationship to COVID is used to try and lump it literally into the same category of virus, which it isn't.

Like I wouldn't say "I have the flu" if I had a common cold, even if the symptoms were the same.... and many common colds ARE caused by coronaviruses.