noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Noodles Fierce 5 Novice on a Cut - 1900 Cals

Hi all,

Decided to start my log here. I've been doing F5 VERY sporadically over past yr, ie I would do for 4/5 weeks then stop for 4 weeks, do again for 5 weeks then stop for 8 weeks etc etc! Busy life, kids, work, holidays yadda yadda etc.

Anyway to try push me on to better consistency thought id attempt a log.

Stats:
    5ft10 (177cm), 37yrs old, 80kg(176lbs), probably around 20% BF if had to guess.

Am doing supersets combo as Davis suggested somewhere in the original thread so with current weights:

Workout A:

Squats (70kg) / Calf raises
    Bench (52.5kg) / Face Pull (22.5kg)
    Pen Rows (50kg) / Skull crushers (20kg ez curl bar)

Workout B:

Frt Squat (60kg) / Lat Pull down (45kg)
    Landmine Press (45kg, bar + plates on end) / Abs
    Rom Deadlift (75kg) / Bar Curls (32.5kg)

Am looking to loose fat so in a v minor deficit at the moment, approx 2000 cals a day, apprx 130g protein a day. Probably aiming to stay around the same bodyweight loosing fat and building muscle....i'll see how progression goes and may adapt nutrition depending on progress, Davis also mention cutting progression in half for cuts so will change to that once I've stalled a couple of times for a few of the lifts.

My lifts looks a bit strange to me strength wise as think I obviously got better strength in some areas vs others due to lots of building work I've done! I found previously the progression and resets quickly get that sorted out and will address these imbalances pretty quickly.

Anyway, hopefully of some interest to others and get me more disciplined!
    Last edited by noodlerush; 10-16-2020 at 10:54 AM.

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In on thread. Will be following your progress as I'm running a log for the same program. Stay consistent

noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noodlerush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    16 Oct '20

Squat = 65kg
    calf raises = 30kg
    Bench = 55kg
    face pull = 22.5
    pen row = 50kg
    skull =20kg

Cals = 1900, 140g protein

First week completed since restart after 2 months off. Surprised how comfortable the bench felt as previously had been stalling at 55KG, looking forward to progressing it. Squat, dialled back to 65kg as 70kg was my prev max and decided to give week or 2 to work back upto it! Pen rows, think I need some boxes to raise up a little bit to star6t, especially when not using the large plates. Will see how progression goes on my cals, I track from time to time so I think my weak point is unreported snacks from time to time! Protein intake a real struggle with house hold diet with 2 young kids so half comes from shakes, myprotein isolate banana flavour is great thou...

Of any interest a phot of my home gym:
    Attached Images
    Last edited by noodlerush; 10-16-2020 at 02:23 AM.

19th Oct

Workout B

Frt Squat: 60kg
    Lat pull down: 47.5kg
    Landmine press: 47.5kg
    RDL: 80kg
    Bar curl: 35kg

Squats defiantly lagging as had previously removed them from routine when I was running 3 times a week and long cycle rides in summer. Found out how to anchor myself down for lat pull downs at home so now not being lifted off bench and can increase weight again!

Landmine press is one armed and includes the 20kg weight of bar..not sure if supposed to include that in the weight calculation as obviously alot of weight taking in the landmine pocket, guess I should but its obviously not the equivalent of a standing bar movement.

21st Oct,

Squat: 65kg
    Skull Crusher 20kg
    Bench: 55Kg
    Pen Row: 50kg
    Face 22.5kg

Next workout raise weights. Also, why is it when you start lifting again you think you're the Rock after about 5 sessions!

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can include the weight of the bar or not. Just use the same calculation every time for consistency.

I workout at home too, but if I have to go to a gym for a month or two when it’s too cold for my garage, I’ll just count the leg press sled in the gym as a 45lbs bar for easy calculating and tracking.

Landmine Press, meadows rows, etc. I just Count the plates, but neither way is wrong.

Workouts lookin good!

Thanks Film, yeah doesnt matter either way, just curious!

23rd Oct:

Frt SQ: 65kg
    Lat pull down: 50kg
    Landmine Press: 50kg ( inc bar)
    RDL : 80kg
    Bar Curl: 35kg

Interestingly, for me at least! My watch shows i burnt 400cals in a 45 min workout inc 5 min warmup. Interesting comparing to my running where a 5k loop uses about 280/300 cals. Using supersets for most lifts at mo to save time but imagine it may slow up soon as lifts become heavier and cant superset/ need more rest between them...

25th Oct

Squat: 70kg
    Skull Crusher 22.5kg
    Bench: 57.5Kg
    Pen Row: 55kg
    Face 22.5kg

Bench is new high for 5 reps for me where I had prev stalled at 55kg. Squat felt heavy for me at 70kg, started to feel it trying to round my upper back? I had a hernia opp about 18months ago so I started squats super low when I first started F5 originally about a yr ago ( only ran it for 5 weeks then thou, then a 4 months break!)

Quick question. Does anyone have thoughts on doing fierce 5 every other day and just having single rest days, not having the 2 rest days at end of each week?

I don't need to split into nice tidy weeks for schedule purposes . I assume fatigue might make you have a deload sooner than you would otherwise need one thou. And no, I know how to count the days in a week..