ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Torn Meniscus - What to Avoid?

I'm starting back to working out and got an MRI last year after having left knee pain and swelling. I have a double tear in my left knee meniscus. One side is 100% torn and the other is hanging on by the last 20% or so.

I have a feeling I've had the tears for a long time as it bothered me even years ago working out and at work (moved furniture back then). When I had the major pain and swelling it was after stepping off a small ladder into a dip/hole in a driveway while working (I own a small painting business now).

So in a nutshell it swells a little sometimes but nothing like it did when I had to see a doc. That time it lasted about 6weeks. Now it swells for a day or 2 but nothing debilitating.

My main leg workout is front squats with both knees wrapped up. I'm avoiding regular squats as they've always bothered that knee, even when it was in better shape.

What exercises should I avoid moving forward with both weight training and with cardio with this injury? I have the option to do surgery but right now I'd rather try to just work around it and see it strengthening up muscles around it will help.