killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder cracks/pops and is tilted forward...

So I know its not exactly the best place to post this but hopefully someone faced a similar issue or has some knowledge about this.

I've visited a therapyst before and he said everything was fine as long as it doesn't hurt but it clearly isn't normal.

Long story short:
    - Left shoulder is gucci
    - Right shoulder always crack/pops when doing certain motions, while it doesn't hurt it does feel a bit uncomfortable and if i repeat the motion a few dozen times it start hurting slightly, feels like bone grinding with bone really, had an x ray taken but looked normal...
    - Right shoulder also tilts forward when compared to the left side.

The tilting forward can especially be seen if I put my hands on my hips, left should is perfect normal while right shoulder tilts forward (but it's not exactly the rounded shoulders / bad posture kind of forward tilt, its more as if it was out of its socket whcih cant be since it doesn't hurt...)

Can't post links so just drag and drop the image please.

Left should pic (looks normal):
    media.discordapp.net/attachments/764152965820317739/764153039912173598/20201009_163628.jpg?width=508&height=677

Right shoulder pic (tilted forward instead of looking like the left shoulder):
    media.discordapp.net/attachments/764152965820317739/764153039300853830/20201009_163615.jpg?width=508&height=677

If anyone had a similar issue please tell me how you managed to fix it

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by killerexp View Post
    So I know its not exactly the best place to post this but hopefully someone faced a similar issue or has some knowledge about this.

I've visited a therapyst before and he said everything was fine as long as it doesn't hurt but it clearly isn't normal.

Long story short:
    - Left shoulder is gucci
    - Right shoulder always crack/pops when doing certain motions, while it doesn't hurt it does feel a bit uncomfortable and if i repeat the motion a few dozen times it start hurting slightly, feels like bone grinding with bone really, had an x ray taken but looked normal...
    - Right shoulder also tilts forward when compared to the left side.

The tilting forward can especially be seen if I put my hands on my hips, left should is perfect normal while right shoulder tilts forward (but it's not exactly the rounded shoulders / bad posture kind of forward tilt, its more as if it was out of its socket whcih cant be since it doesn't hurt...)

Can't post links so just drag and drop the image please.

Left should pic (looks normal):
    media.discordapp.net/attachments/764152965820317739/764153039912173598/20201009_163628.jpg?width=508&height=677

Right shoulder pic (tilted forward instead of looking like the left shoulder):
    media.discordapp.net/attachments/764152965820317739/764153039300853830/20201009_163615.jpg?width=508&height=677

If anyone had a similar issue please tell me how you managed to fix it
    A few years ago I had a popping shoulder and some shoulder pain, it mostly seemed to pop around the acromion. I used a product called a shoulder horn, which was pricey but worth it to me as I think it helped me a lot to isolate the muscles of the rotator cuff, I used it with some light dumbbells. I also did a lot of doorway chest stretches. I did a lot of rope face pulls and band pull-aparts. I switched to incline dumbbell bench press from flat bench, I don't have any shoulder pain with incline dumbbell press. I also made sure to use similar weights or more weight for dumbbell bent over row to balance it. I stopped doing dips which felt like it was splitting my shoulder apart. Lastly I started rowing a lot of steady state (~1.5 mil meters per year) on a C2 erg and I think the overall back emphasis helped with making my shoulders more neutral and less internally rotated. Overall I am grateful that I don't really have this problem much anymore.

edit: Also occurs to me you might have some amount of scoliosis based upon your description of asymmetry in the shoulder girdle, I had it to an extent but it isn't as bad now as I've tried to make sure my strength is relatively symmetrical left and right and front and back. Dumbbells help with this as you can work each side independently and identically.
    Last edited by ampire; 10-09-2020 at 11:37 AM.

killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10) killerexp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ampire View Post
    A few years ago I had a popping shoulder and some shoulder pain, it mostly seemed to pop around the acromion. I used a product called a shoulder horn, which was pricey but worth it to me as I think it helped me a lot to isolate the muscles of the rotator cuff, I used it with some light dumbbells. I also did a lot of doorway chest stretches. I did a lot of rope face pulls and band pull-aparts. I switched to incline dumbbell bench press from flat bench, I don't have any shoulder pain with incline dumbbell press. I also made sure to use similar weights or more weight for dumbbell bent over row to balance it. I stopped doing dips which felt like it was splitting my shoulder apart. Lastly I started rowing a lot of steady state (~1.5 mil meters per year) on a C2 erg and I think the overall back emphasis helped with making my shoulders more neutral and less internally rotated. Overall I am grateful that I don't really have this problem much anymore.

edit: Also occurs to me you might have some amount of scoliosis based upon your description of asymmetry in the shoulder girdle, I had it to an extent but it isn't as bad now as I've tried to make sure my strength is relatively symmetrical left and right and front and back. Dumbbells help with this as you can work each side independently and identically.
    Thanks! Yea I initially thought it would be just bad posture and overall rounded shoulders, I did what you mentioned, doorway chest stretches, lat stretches, band pulls for the rotator cuff and such, in general my postured improved a lot, there's still room for improvement but I have a decent posture right now, but the issue still remains which is why I have no idea what could possibly be the reason.

I currently don't lift as much in a barbell row as much as I bench but I am relatively close and will be trying to catch up.

I do have some scoliosis and it's a bit noticeable but Im not sure if that would affect making my shoulder tilts forward or not though.