RoutineAD139 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

RoutineAD139 - Fat loss journey

I'm going to start my fat loss journey much further from where I meant to ever be, at 43 years old, 5'7" and 350 lbs, I feel like this is a long road ahead of me, but I have to start somewhere.

I've never really been serious about lifting weights or losing weight, but I 've started following the strong lifts 5x5 routine and reducing my calories. We will see where this ends up in the next 90 days

summer recomp/maintenance 66jzmstr's Avatar
    66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RoutineAD139 View Post
    I'm going to start my fat loss journey much further from where I meant to ever be, at 43 years old, 5'7" and 350 lbs, I feel like this is a long road ahead of me, but I have to start somewhere.

I've never really been serious about lifting weights or losing weight, but I 've started following the strong lifts 5x5 routine and reducing my calories. We will see where this ends up in the next 90 days
    You're never too old start! And 43 is far from old, especially if you haven't lifted seriously, you can make some amazing gains.

Stoked to see you start Strong Lifts. If you haven't lifted seriously (and assuming you don't have a coach), have you done any reading or research to keep your form efficient and safe on the heavier barbell movements? I only ask because injuries suck and can derail solid progress.

Best of luck on your journey, man!
    Diligence, patience, persistence.

Originally Posted by 66jzmstr View Post
    You're never too old start! And 43 is far from old, especially if you haven't lifted seriously, you can make some amazing gains.

Stoked to see you start Strong Lifts. If you haven't lifted seriously (and assuming you don't have a coach), have you done any reading or research to keep your form efficient and safe on the heavier barbell movements? I only ask because injuries suck and can derail solid progress.

Best of luck on your journey, man!
    Thank you, I have done some research, I'm going to start from the bare bottom and work my way up just so that I can be sure that my form improves along the way. I have a very good friend who has been lifting his whole life that is more than happy to help me with my form to reduce the chance of injury as much as possible. If at any point I feel any type of pain or discomfort that seems abnormal I plan on consulting a personal trainer if needed.

summer recomp/maintenance 66jzmstr's Avatar
    66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by RoutineAD139 View Post
    Thank you, I have done some research, I'm going to start from the bare bottom and work my way up just so that I can be sure that my form improves along the way. I have a very good friend who has been lifting his whole life that is more than happy to help me with my form to reduce the chance of injury as much as possible. If at any point I feel any type of pain or discomfort that seems abnormal I plan on consulting a personal trainer if needed.
    Nice! Having someone experienced to go to is invaluable.

If you need a book regarding form for the compound barbell movements, Starting Strength (3rd ed.) is extremely informative and comes with occasional dashes of dry humor. Worth a look if you want to dive deeper into efficiency and safety.

Stoked to see your progress as you move forward!
    Diligence, patience, persistence.

Down 7.8 LBS week 1, from 350.0 to 342.2

I dont have my phone me to update my lifting numbers but they're still just the beginning type numbers anyway, I havent pushed myself at all in the gym